• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Dunno if mentioned, but now if you forget your Steam password and you need to reset it, you need to contact support.

what for exactly?

I contacted steam support during the sale (yeah, stupid idea, I know), haven't heard a word until now, that's more than two weeks.
If you have to wait that long for password reset... OTOH, it's not that often that people lose their steam password, I guess.

Fantastic news!

this law includes the way around the law, so that's not as fantastic news as it would seem.

Mixed2k

Won a brawlhalla beta key from the mystery gift, I already had 1, plus a spare:

2E09R-VB6CY-F85BK
JRC6N-F284Q-FZWNV

I had some good fun from it, even though it's nowhere as good as something like smash.

Dunno, today Steam updated and this was the patch note, but I can't find this anywhere on Internet, last one is from 2 June apparently.

General
Forgot password path now uses the Steam Support site
Fixed some cases where audio in other applications would get muted by Windows when using games with Steam Voice

I highly doubt that means you have to contact support
It's probably automated somewhere here

https://support.steampowered.com/

madjoki

Dunno if mentioned, but now if you forget your Steam password and you need to reset it, you need to contact support.

Still works with old versions tho :p

I highly doubt that means you have to contact support
It's probably automated somewhere here

https://support.steampowered.com/

Link on client is broken, so can't be tested lol.

Edit: It's supposed to link here:
https://help.steampowered.com/#HelpWithLogin?redir=clientlogin

wilflare

Bard's Tale 4 backers will be given a free copy of Wasteland 2.

nice! any tier? I can't seem to find the news in my backer updates :O

The client browser is tremendously slow in that regard for some reason. I've had to wait up to a minute or so for my keys to appear.

hmm anyone thread the Desura Parser?
doesn't seem to work for me but would be useful if it did
http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/38wzmu/desura_parser_a_tool_made_by_xpaw_of_steamdb_to/

header.jpg

Close Your Eyes giveaway! The game itself is free, this is for the DLC that will come on the same day the game does, July 24th, 2015. It will make it so the game is counted towards your game count, if the game gets trading cards like I'm gunning for you'll be applicable to them, and comes with the soundtrack, art from the game and some special art, a bonus mini-game with an ending and it's own challenges in the actual game, and an extra easter egg room in the main game.

Giving 80 away to you guys on SteamGAF.

Thanks Dusk Golem!

wilflare

That was for people who got in on the super early bird tier in the first two days, IIRC.

I'm an Early Bard :/ missed it I guess
the $75 tier has it though

Game tier and above would be my guess.

hmmm lol. bleh. where did everyone read the news in the first place

---
sometimes I wonder why I bother backing a KS :/
I'm not a super duper ultra impossibru fan... and I won't play most on release either

wilflare

Anyone who backed it (maybe it was for $20 and above) in the first two days gets a pick between Witcher 1 or 2/Wasteland 2 when the campaign's over. That's why I went for the super early bird tier.

ohhh... and I guess if you backed it then... cancelled.. and backed it again now - you made yourself ineligible for the offer?

Not to sound overly defensive of Star Citizen, but this article is kind of shit. The module isn't "put on hold". That would imply they've stopped working on it and will come back to it later, maybe. According to Chris Roberts they've run into networking issues which they're working on and so it'll take longer than anticipated. There's a gulf of difference between the two and I'm sure the author of the article knows it.

Or maybe not, because he follows it up with this

According to Roberts, only about 15% of the team working on Star Citizen was working on the project, which equates to about 12.6 million dollars (15% of their currently raised $84,570,320.)

15% of the team working on the FPS module doesn't instantly mean that they use 15% of the total budget. But it's a cool way to imply that 12 million dollars are gone or wasted because they've failed to release it and instead it's on indefinite "hold".

5$ and all console sales were at 60$

Don't you wish sometimes that people would just say what they really want to say instead of asking loaded questions like "what was the average price of PC sales".

Arthea

so I gave Bundlestars Strike Lucky thing a try.

and I got
oh gawd.
I got it.
FINALLY

Fearless Fantasy

as my amazing luck would have it, my gift was even worse, I would prefer Fearless Fantasy over it.

I got
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
, now tell me you would have been more happy with that, I implore you!

Grief.exe

Never played Wolf '09 but was thinking about it last night and how I wished it would return to Steam (boxed copies are ~$75 on Amazon). I think Bethesda has the rights now? I'm not sure, but hopefully they can work something out.

When asked about Wolf 09, Pete Hines says it's a technical issue preventing a Steam release.

shockdude

header.jpg

Close Your Eyes giveaway! The game itself is free, this is for the DLC that will come on the same day the game does, July 24th, 2015. It will make it so the game is counted towards your game count, if the game gets trading cards like I'm gunning for you'll be applicable to them, and comes with the soundtrack, art from the game and some special art, a bonus mini-game with an ending and it's own challenges in the actual game, and an extra easter egg room in the main game.

Giving 80 away to you guys on SteamGAF.
Got key #61, aka the last remaining key in the giveaway. Thanks!

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, never buying another episodic game through gog >_<

Steam version got patch days ago for Dreamfall Chapters that fixed a bug relating to choices carrying over from the prior episode but nothing still on gog >_>

Lain

The last boss in Eternal Senia
, in her true form,
has been kicking my ass so hard that the game ended up crashing telling me something like kill=null or somesuch (maybe I shouldn't have picked hard mode for the boss battle).
For a free game this has been quite an enjoyable experience.
The translation has some weird choice of words but it still manages to hit in the feels, in part also thanks to good (and good use of) music and the character art itself.
I can completely understand why it got an overwhelmingly positive on Steam.

Arthea

The last boss in Eternal Senia, in her true form, has been kicking my ass so hard that the game ended up crashing telling me something like kill=null or somesuch (maybe I shouldn't have picked hard mode for the boss battle).
For a free game this has been quite an enjoyable experience.
The translation has some weird choice of words, but it still manages to hit in the feels in good part also thanks to good (and good use of) music and the character art itself.
I can completely understand why it got an overwhelmingly positive on Steam.

Lain... the hell, it's a spoiler! Why would you do this?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh my, so all 80 codes of Close Your Eyes have been taken now.

...Or have they?

header.jpg

Close Your Eyes steam store page

Have a second wave, and the last I'll give away here on GAF. Did this partially so those in the US have a bit of a chance since it's just beginning to be waking hours here. 37 more codes, last mass batch to GAF though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 40 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #14 -- MB-2BACA8472CA326A1 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #15 -- MB-4448573D98192211 - Taken by Sajjaja
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #16 -- MB-D4ADEDF1F15BBDE6 - Taken by Parsnip
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #17 -- MB-7357237EF823258E - Taken by chronomac
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #10 -- MB-996D8EFBB8DCA178 - Taken by Undead Bokun
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #11 -- MB-85745100050FD898 - Taken by freshVeggie
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #12 -- MB-7A0FC2BC42FC92BD - Taken by lindarasta
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #13 -- MB-AEB75DE6E944AFFD - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #18 -- MB-1BEB66979EFA2FEA - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #19 -- MB-03A3C33D44A6C2F8 - Taken by rrvv
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #38 -- MB-141B92FA16FD0103 - Taken by darkchewie
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #39 -- MB-A7CD913A1A441087 - Taken by Ruruja
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #32 -- MB-86279A973161E0CA - Taken by Annubis
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #33 -- MB-EC98868B83095F17 - Taken by Tektonic
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #30 -- MB-1650135B0E89CEC3 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #31 -- MB-5D343D4A0C1E41FE - Taken by SSPssp
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #36 -- MB-112D377D93F55A6E - Taken by Casimir
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #37 -- MB-49DC9044C20C2A23 - Taken by Volcynika
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #34 -- MB-7A53133A7404425A - Taken by Shadownet
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #35 -- MB-51FF31648CE12C1B - Taken by ScreamingTrees
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #2 -- MB-17C3401262F98BCC - Taken by Belgarion
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #6 -- MB-C4A2C45AF1F9E5E9 - Taken by trailmix16
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #7 -- MB-E5D459A026666606 - Taken by r3n4ud
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #4 -- MB-C59F7FC3AAB7EB7E - Taken by Kinky John
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #5 -- MB-42C3A87DE38FB077 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #8 -- MB-14DC9010B932F4CC - Taken by someguyinahat
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #40 -- MB-DD6068FDE62E8FF8 - Taken by alr1ght
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #29 -- MB-E0B2135578D673D9 - Taken by Conrad Link
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #28 -- MB-255BC1DCD0225E5B - Taken by Terra_Ex
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #21 -- MB-5FAA900EEDF98D15 - Taken by Armoured Priest
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #20 -- MB-F2D2352FCD768AD0 - Taken by Locust
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #23 -- MB-FB5EF9D94A766BC0 - Taken by Lain
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #22 -- MB-C9428CEE63F888A4 - Taken by Backlogger
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #25 -- MB-A248F3EE08FB1C1C - Taken by Wyatt Smee
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #24 -- MB-B91E6E95A95ED519 - Taken by gar3
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #27 -- MB-F3D5A6A17B040FEF - Taken by Kagemusha
Close Your Eyes and Goodie Bag DLC #26 -- MB-0A742513AC0A065D - Taken by Last Baron

Oh my, so all 80 codes of Close Your Eyes have been taken now.

...Or have they?
Awesome! And I felt bad for sleeping and missing the huge 80 key giveaway :)
I hope TPP ends up being something special, like MGS3 was. Ground Zeroes was a nice bite-sized appetizer and S-ranking those side missions took me quite awhile.
I'm still thinking of playing MGS2+3+PW on emulator or ask my cousin for his PS3+HD collection. Hm.
Played MGS1+4 and I loved both of them so much.
Oh. That was a big aspect I was looking forward to. Flying my ship, boarding other ships and getting into FPS-mode. Will come with time I guess. How is SC progressing btw? Haven't heard much of it lately.
Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom