• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Also, while I like The Odd Gentlemen's design aesthetic and work, their game mechanics can be pretty damn janky and broken.
See: Wayward Manor.

Tizoc

Also, while I like The Odd Gentlemen's design aesthetic and work, their game mechanics can be pretty damn janky and broken.
See: Wayward Manor.

Agreed, but I dunno this game just looks good, and looking at the price point...who knows maybe having been given a slightly bigger budget this'll come out better than his previous outputs.
I'm just a blind optimist that way :p

AHA-Lambda

£32??

iAAZ2MpXTZdEa.gif

dex3108

Added to Blands bundle

• Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution
  • Borderlands 2: Headhunter 1: Bloody Harvest
  • Borderlands 2: Headhunter 2: Wattle Gobbler
  • Borderlands 2: Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day
  • Borderlands 2: Headhunter 4: Wedding Day Massacre

Some anime stuff for AnimeSteamGaf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blue Rose -- MB-6DD2ABDEB639EF13 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
X-note -- MB-8C70C3FADF188F0E - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-5A104A81C20D8D9D - Taken by cyborg009. 4 entrants total.
Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-DAB0FF5DC6FC67FA - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
The Clans Saga of the Twins Deluxe Edition -- MB-18490E063638E604 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.

t1435688261z1.png

Activision probably thinks they'll get tens of dollars from dozen or so Kings Quest fans there are left.

I wonder if someone at Activiion went "we want a Telltale-looking adventure game but we don't want Telltale themselves" or "...but we want it for half the price" or something like that.

Jawmuncher

Must be related to the CSD rule 34 request chubigans informed us of on the Steam Community. Would quote to it but I can't find the quote it was SFW.

Arthea

Ouch, 40€. Worst thing it's Activision, so a decent discount...it's very hard. See you in 5 years, King's Quest.

It doesn't help that gameplay they have shown wasn't that much King's Qestque to begin with, so people already wanna wait and check reviews and impressions and when you add that price to it... it totally gonna fail.

With Toukiden being priced at 60€, because it worked so good for Yaiba, didn't it? and now this, it's like we are having let's have horrible prices month or something.

Copons

I've never had a corndog in my life, if you don't count licking the screen while playing CSD to give some advantages to the other players worldwide, because in Italy we actually know better than deep fry anything.

not true goddammit, me wants a corndog rigth now usa plz

Also: ketchup < bbq < bbq flavoured with random USofA stuff < mayo <<<< okonomiyaki sauce FTW

No... it's a CORNDOG. The only acceptable condiment on a CORNDOG is mustard. Trust me, I'm a chef. I know about these things. >.>

You're a MAKESHIFT chef though, you cannot expect us to trust you!

Lain

YES!! I managed to beat the true form of the last boss in Eternal Senia on hard!
It was really tricky.
Naturally, this being the feeling game it is, it first had me pumped for winning, then it had me all dawwwwww for what it looked like the conclusion, and then it
stabbed me in the guts, repeatedly
almost literally.

Anyone that hasn't played it and has some hours to waste, you should give this free game a spin.

inm8num2

Activision probably thinks they'll get tens of dollars from dozen or so Kings Quest fans there are left.

I wonder if someone at Activiion went "we want a Telltale-looking adventure game but we don't want Telltale themselves" or "...but we want it for half the price" or something like that.

Activision might be overestimating how eager KQ fans are for a new entry. At the same time they've marketed this game pretty well, and it definitely has a broad appeal for old fans, younger gamers, point-and-clickers, fans of Telltale games, etc. The remnants of 90s Sierra fans are probably a smaller share of what Activision expects to be the market for this game.

Activision is possibly gauging interest in the other Sierra IPs with this KQ revival. I think they're just going to use the Sierra brand to publish mid-tier or indie games from other developers, but if there's a market for other Sierra IP revivals that'll be a cherry on top for them.

hm. Idlemaster is stuck on Go Go Nippon even though there are no cards left and I'm at work. This is unfortunate. I swear I haven't been playing this game for 10 hours.

Activision might be overestimating how eager KQ fans are for a new entry. At the same time they've marketed this game pretty well, and it definitely has a broad appeal for old fans, younger gamers, point-and-clickers, fans of Telltale games, etc. The remnants of 90s Sierra fans are probably a smaller share of what Activision expects to be the market for this game.

Activision is possibly gauging interest in the other Sierra IPs with this KQ revival. I think they're just going to use the Sierra brand to publish mid-tier or indie games from other developers, but if there's a market for other Sierra IP revivals that'll be a cherry on top for them.

Space Quest, Police Quest and they don't own the rights to Leisure Suit Larry anymore, so that's it? As a kid I might have been excited at the prospect of more Space Quest but The Odd Gentlemen have a kind of mixed track record and my guess is that's who Activision will run with if Kings Quest is remotely successful.

Jawmuncher

Space Quest, Police Quest and they don't own the rights to Leisure Suit Larry anymore, so that's it? As a kid I might have been excited at the prospect of more Space Quest but The Odd Gentlemen have a kind of mixed track record and my guess is that's who Activision will run with if Kings Quest is remotely successful.

I would think though for it to be remotely successful it's going to have to at least be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom