• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Mac client?No problem, why Apple logo in Windows client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
j5avrs.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Know how you know you're crazy?

When an anti-Apple thread backfires at NeoGAF. Backfires deliciously.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
MNC said:
It's not really an option, anyway. You have to copy steam's files onto it.
I think you can also make a symbolic link for ~/Documents/Steam\ Content. Haven't tried it yet, will do now though.

Edit: Works at least on the same drive, so I think it should work across drives as well.

My test:
Code:
cd ~/Documents
mv Steam\ Content testmove
ln -s testmove Steam\ Content

Works like it should!

Amory

I'm glad i came in here to post a legitimate question about steam use, because I would've totally missed all this :lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Gexecuter said:
Dude even if you hate Apple and their software bitching about a little logo it's crazy, no one is making you buy Mac games on Steam or install their software, just ignore the Apple logo.
-sigh-
S-A-R-C-A-S-M!!!!

Reckoner

DO NOT UNISTALL STEAM

Or I'll do it. I'LL DO IT!

21nfvgg.png

The choice is yours. I told you!

:lol

Oh god, can't believe this thread exists.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
I read the linux thread before this one and thought people were just being melodramatic linux nerds... hindsight lolz are 20/20.

Dude would have an aneurysm at my house.

Jeramii

Banned
Jeramii said:
dovella has potential to create the next dudebro.

let me explain better.

this thread is just as funny to me as the first time i read the babies ds thread that eventually turned into dudebro.

^__^ love neogaf community, so funny.

*mac user, and proud of it btw.*

Remy

I can only hope that this becomes the new "Square just shot themselves in the foot."

I mean, it's practically the same thing!

This thread is good, clean fun.:lol

OPs elaborate trolling finds a congenial audience. Tag and avatar are the icing on the cake.

I'm literally in tears. Thx everyone involved.

Keep on fighting the good fight OP! Apple is the new Microsoft, Microsoft is the old Apple! Steve Jobs is the borg, etc. etc.

thread of the year

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
dovella said:
I PAY MY GAMES TO STEAM!!
Video games are currency in Italy? Is a demo-disc a half-game or whatever? I'm going to so rich, bros. No one go to Italy before me so I can become king or whatever with my couple hundred demo discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom