• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Mac client?No problem, why Apple logo in Windows client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often wondered what makes someone such a rabid fanboy?

Did a Mac touch you in the bad place? Have you ever actually touched a Mac :lol

Grampasso

This reminds me how many times I'm ashamed of being italian when I surf the internet ç_ç
I hereby demand to become a citizen of any other country out there :°

dovella

rezuth said:
No, this is like GameStop selling both Nintendo and PS3 gam... Oh wait...

No this is a client for windows.

and this TAB is a NO SENSE 100%

5ahsg8.jpg

NO SENSE!!! STOP

rezuth

dovella said:

NO SENSE!!! STOP
No, this is a client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

That means 3 platforms they sell games for. Steam is not a game it is a digital distribution system, a virtual store. They sell you games for those three platforms, just like normal game stores. The difference is that they sell you digital copies instead of physical copies.

glaurung

What the hell? What is this thread all about beside some stencils on Steam's interface?

Oh, and speak proper English.

NO SENSE does not equal NONSENSE.

Kozak

Banned
glaurung said:
What the hell? What is this thread all about beside some stencils on Steam's interface?

Some dude rages about Mac, mod simply changes guy's avatar to Mac logo, Neogaf = "omg lol you're amazing", "holy shit:lol", "<3 Neogaf". 4 pages.

Red Scarlet

Eh, it gave them a laugh I guess. Nothing wrong with humor. Originally locked the thread at my 'this is fucking stupid' post until I realized I could give him a mac avatar. Thread wasn't going to do anything afterward.

Corto

dovella said:

5ahsg8.jpg

NO SENSE!!! STOP

Can you please just imagine that some people are multiplatform users? Some of them use Windows at work and Mac OS X at home, others even have PC and Mac living in peace and harmony in an home network, in what you would call a promiscuous relation. So if you are in a windows PC you can indulge into buying a Mac game that once you get home you can install right away on your Mac and play.

Gomu Gomu

Corto said:
Can you please just imagine that some people are multiplatform users? Some of them use Windows at work and Mac OS X at home, others even have PC and Mac living in peace and harmony in an home network, in what you would call a promiscuous relation. So if you are in a windows PC you can indulge into buying a Mac game that once you get home you can install right away on your Mac and play.
NO SENSE 100%

Sibylus

Banned
Dovella, maybe it's just time to be honest with yourself? You don't hate that little logo, you're just afraid of what might happen. You're unsure of what you'll feel when your mouse pointer hovers over that little apple icon for a second or two. You're afraid you'll like it, and maybe deep down inside you want to click it, you just want to click it really... really hard.

Scipius

glaurung said:

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, I can't read it either.

That is poor form. OP may be an idiot, but he probably speaks English a lot better than you two do Italian ;)

Anyway, as mentioned, this guy is going to freak if Tux ever appears.

Does anyone know if there's been a similar meltdown somewhere in the Mac world, what with the flying windows logo being part of the SteamPlay graphic and thus visible in the Mac client?

itxaka

Defeatist
Ha ha ha ha, oh wow.

Awesome thread. Now the important question is, does he really loves windows or he hates Apple?

Red Scarlet <3

Baki

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, I can't read it either.

:lol

Red Scarlet said:
Eh, it gave them a laugh I guess. Nothing wrong with humor. Originally locked the thread at my 'this is fucking stupid' post until I realized I could give him a mac avatar. Thread wasn't going to do anything afterward.

You made the right choice. :lol :D

Gomu Gomu said:
NO SENSE 100%

:lol :lol

glaurung said:

To be fair, english is not his native language.

Botolf said:
Dovella, maybe it's just time to be honest with yourself? You don't hate that little logo, you're just afraid of what might happen. You're unsure of what you'll feel when your mouse pointer hovers over that little apple icon for a second or two. You're afraid you'll like it, and maybe deep down inside you want to click it, you just want to click it really... really hard.

Brilliant.

9/10

dovella

rezuth said:
No, this is a client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

That means 3 platforms they sell games for. Steam is not a game it is a digital distribution system, a virtual store. They sell you games for those three platforms, just like normal game stores. The difference is that they sell you digital copies instead of physical copies.

No sorry.
If i download Windows client = I use this client for Windows

If you download OSx Client for Mac= You use client for Mac

this is a site
http://store.steampowered.com/

Grampasso

I found only that comment by rex and yes, it says "die you shitty Napolitan" in a racist way. here some northern Italy inhabitants believe the southern ones are worthless and they just pretend they're from another country, to the point some politics would split Italy in 2 separate countries, north and south.
Outside of this a lot of of cities can't stand each other mainly for historical reasons, but the thing still persists today.

itxaka

Defeatist
dovella said:
I love Linux, I Love Windows, I Love Android.

Apple computer Kid is not for me ;) Futile Toy's

In percentages please. How much do you love windows? And how much do you hate apple?

Lots of Italian speakers here. Anyone want to take a crack at translating his posts at ItaliaMac? I mean, better than Google Translate could, I bet it would be awesome. :lol

Grampasso

heliconsoul said:
What did we lose exactly :lol
Nah, that means "Let it be", he was referring to me explaining those things I think.

Unknown Soldier said:
Lots of Italian speakers here. Anyone want to take a crack at translating his posts at ItaliaMac? I mean, better than Google Translate could, I bet it would be awesome. :lol
Sure, but I have a workmeeting in a few mins so I don't know if I'll make it in time. Could you link here the thread please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom