• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Damn, that Platinum Demo looked rough.

The omission of any form of anti alisaing is really, really bad. Like, even the protags hair constantly displays aliasing in a severe degree, let alone those plates on the ground and their yellow light.

Just one more reason why it should be on PC Day 1 really.

Sega Is Now Publishing Atlus U.S.A. Games, But Don't Worry

Could SEGA now finally push them to release games on PC? :D

PERSONA 5 EU WHEN

V35zBov.png

I'm not even active on Twitter. How the heck do they chose me.

Saty

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, developed by Swedish studio Fatshark, has sold over 500,000 copies on PC since its release in October 2015.

"We are really happy with the sales so far. We reached half a million copies much faster than we estimated. As a small studio, this really is an amazing milestone for us. The office is a hive of excitement," said CEO Martin Wahlund.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-31-warhammer-end-times-vermintide-sells-500k

Steamspy has it for: 456,590 ± 16,799

SSPssp

Is Kingsglaive a movie that's going to cost money or just free promotional stuff like the anime?

Considering the expensive voice actors they hired, I think you'll have to pay for it. It looks good enough to me; I hope I can see it in a theatre.

Could someon explain how I'm supposed to use this
http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/547-tf-games-configuration-utility/
To help improve the graphics/edit the graphics of War for Cybertron?

I added War for Cybertron to my account yesterday and I am shocked at how few options the port has. I can't get that program to decript the graphics file either. It is a mess of a port but good for PC tweakers, I guess? All the options should have been in the game ideally.

So to get this game working ideally I'm using:
  • Widescreen Fixer
  • GeDoSaTo
  • FPS Unlocker
  • Configuartion Utility, that I haven't figured out yet.
Launching this game is like going through a pre-flight checklist.

Jawmuncher

Is Kingsglaive a movie that's going to cost money or just free promotional stuff like the anime?

Considering the expensive voice actors they hired, I think you'll have to pay for it. It looks good enough to me; I hope I can see it in a theatre.

It's going to be downloadable and streamable. With ATM the only physical release being part of the Deluxe and Super Collector Editions. However I would say that a Fathom event limited theatrical release is possible like we saw with Tekken Blood Vengeance. Will watch it for Eddard Stark, Queen Cersei, and Jesse Pinkman. Still it's under the Sony Pictures banner so I think a legit stand alone release will happen at some point.

SSPssp

It's going to be downloadable and streamable. With ATM the only physical release being part of the Deluxe and Super Collector Editions. However I would say that a Fathom event limited theatrical release is possible like we saw with Tekken Blood Vengeance. Will watch it for Eddard Stark, Queen Cersei, and Jesse Pinkman. Still it's under the Sony Pictures banner so I think a legit stand alone release will happen at some point.

Oh thanks, that makes sense. Yeah, I hope they can do a fathom limited event to see it in a theatre. Honestly, it looks cooler than the game.

Someone at sega has to be smart enough to know that those PS2 Atlus RPGs need to be freed of their PS2 jail already.

Cmon sega, JRPGs are poppin' off on PC, stop messing around

I've been reading comments about how good Warframe is now (I played it years ago)
Logged in to my account today, it seems that I've been suspended until 2035 (!)

Anyone ever had that happen to them?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been reading comments about how good Warframe is now (I played it years ago)
Logged in to my account today, it seems that I've been suspended until 2035 (!)

Anyone ever had that happen to them?

Yes, but instead of Warframe it was Xbox Live, and instead of 2035 it was 2999.

Good luck, maybe their support will be helpful.

def sim

I'm not feeling the auto attack/defend system in this FFXV Platinum demo. The boss in this still does the classic tells in action games, but you have all the time in the world to press and hold the defend button. No timing necessary. For unblockables, you warp away. When attacking, I found myself getting hooked into a part of an enemy model which made me miss attacks at point blank. It felt sloppy. Maybe this works better with a full party? Anyway, this demo was not a good look.

Armageddon

Neo Member
m18V7Cw.png

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'm going to go with cry.
Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help out. I guess it's time to resign myself to my fate.

Jawmuncher

I'm not feeling the auto attack/defend system in this FFXV Platinum demo. The boss in this still does the classic tells in action games, but you have all the time in the world to press and hold the defend button. No timing necessary. For unblockables, you warp away. When attacking, I found myself getting hooked into a part of an enemy model which made me miss attacks at point blank. It felt sloppy. Maybe this works better with a full party? Anyway, this demo was not a good look.

It's better than how it started in Duscae, but yeah the battles still feel off.

m18V7Cw.png

Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help out. I guess it's time to resign myself to my fate.

I would try again later on to try and get a different service rep..

For the Endless Legend fans out there ...

attachment.php

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9Hzr72E00

New expansion is out April 7th. Introduces a new major faction in the Allayi as well as revamping some of the mechanics surrounding winter.

Devblog : http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/content.php?664-Shifters-expansion-Coming-April-7

Almost forgot about this coming out soon, but definitely bought. Be something to flex my strategy mind on while I wait for Stellaris.

Salsa

Hyper Light Drifter is the real deal

im loving it. I needed it

only bad thing I can say about it so far is that it runs at 30fps

kinda plays to the aesthetic a bit

Wok

m18V7Cw.png

How likely is it that there are some kind of money bonus/malus going on for people working at Steam support? The less time per ticket, the more tickets closed (even with low quality answers), which would result in more money at the end of the month. Plus maybe if one unbans too many accounts per month, this would trigger a meeting with the support boss.

Purkake4

Banned

Salsa

btw I guess a lot of people were wondering about lenght or structure on HLD

game has an open map, various locations, you warp around

very zelda-like

so im guessing its a bit longer than your usual linear indie deal

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant move unless I hold RB in Hyper Light Drifter, I assume thats not intended (since the options say thats the "special" button)?

Fantastic art design otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom