• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't handle this.
7Ldxi8Q.png

Also I got no issues with the Open World when its super small and quick to traverse once you know your shortcuts and if you know when you get fast travel you can ignore sidequests til that point for most of the part. Game is a 10/10 for me so far and whew some of the stories on the sidequests are messed up or sad as fuck.

I can't handle this.

Also I got no issues with the Open World when its super small and quick to traverse once you know your shortcuts and if you know when you get fast travel you can ignore sidequests til that point for most of the part. Game is a 10/10 for me so far and whew some of the stories on the sidequests are messed up or sad as fuck.

And look at Nier graphics with 30fps. They come along!

zkylon

zkylewd
so ppl tell me i'm moving kinda slow for being like 8 hours into nier and having just
just entered the alien cave in the city

hopefully that means there's time for the game to get interesting (1 good character plssssssssssss)

The correct answer is always the release order.
hmm i'll see about that

i did chronological for metroid and it went great tho i skipped metroid 1 since that game is brutal

for zelda i feel like those games aren't too difficult tho i always ended up stuck somewhere for 7 bazillion years

i just like the slow buildup to ocarina and majora's, tho i should probably look into buying a 3ds if i want to play those, right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B16A1951741D74A0 - Taken by PaulSane
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-69478623B4C76875 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-AB31422FE2BDF4CD - Taken by Rhaknar
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-1C7689666D3E3E3A - Taken by fernandes
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-67A9DA4884E19741 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-1F44C0BD92CAE012 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-9CE7B680FD5CBA94 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-AB76606736025C9A - Taken by kagamin
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-48156E1279427ADE - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-C7760BFAADB6636F - Taken by Vlad
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-41BD3518ED4BD4EC - Taken by Zeeman
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-5A29C97B636D327E - Taken by BlakeofT
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-B8E99A1A1852AB04 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-21CD1E21453D5A5C - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #22 -- MB-702CC28D2E3895A9 - Taken by Dream_Journey
Mystery Game #23 -- MB-9828F7AB08FC648E - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #24 -- MB-89EFC338D47E2019 - Taken by TheLight
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-F80C028F028CD394 - Taken by boybrushdRED
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-4B268C0CC25059A2 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-4DEF48F213C124F1 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-8F5835F4092B0CA8 - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-06A844E95EE3358B - Taken by Se7enSword
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-5EDE76020165C0E8 - Taken by DarKshodaN
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-73409C3A01BD0AB9 - Taken by claytonlee101

Lomax

Is upgrading to the enelopp lifestyle an option?

Just to add to this, in spite of everyone talking about them I hadn't bothered getting eneloops until a few months ago and holy crap are they worthy of the hype. I've had rechargeables before but these really are amazing. Worth every penny and they really aren't that much more expensive than the other brands. I'm amazed they aren't for sale in every store.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was planning on saving for a RX 480 later this year, but right now I'd rather have a replacement that will actually let me play some recent titles. Saving for a RX 480 would take me several months. And I think I would also need to buy a new psu along with it since I only have a 450w one from Antec.

If you're so cash constrained you have to buy a 460 rather than a 480, you're too cash constrained to buy-resell-buy two video cards in a year. Of course it's your money, buy what you want, but you did ask for advice.

CrimsonN0

I ended up getting reminded of Monster Rancher recently and I'm wondering if anyone has some recommendations for a similar type of game on Steam.
Obviously not the whole CD spawning idea, but the raising, training, fighting aspect.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Does Idle Master still function?

People say yes but it stopped functioning for me at some point a while back and, when I Googled about it, I discovered that (allegedly) it wasn't being worked on anymore so I just made some assumptions after reading that and decided to find an alternative rather than fix it. Don't know what the issue was to this date but, regardless, I found an even better alternative that works like a charm and has also apparently been around a while. So, old news, but new to me since I never had a reason to look at alternatives until I had an issue, and probably new to anyone asking questions like the one above:

https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm

Core features

• Automatic farming of available games with card drops using any number of active accounts
  • No requirement of running or even having official Steam client installed
  • Guarantee of being VAC-free
  • Complex error-reporting mechanism, allowing ASF to be smart and resume farming even in case of Steam or networking problems
  • Customizable cards farming algorithm which will push performance of cards farming to the maximum
  • Offline farming, allowing you to skip in-game status and not confuse your friends anymore
  • Advanced support for alt accounts, including ability to redeem keys, redeem gifts, accept trades and more through a simple Steam chat
  • Support for latest Steam security features, including SteamGuard, SteamParental and Two-Factor authentication
  • Unique ASF 2FA mechanism allowing ASF to act as a mobile authenticator (if needed)
  • StreamTradeMatcher integration allowing ASF to help you in completing your steam badges by accepting dupe trades
  • Full Mono support, cross-OS compatibility, official support for Windows, Linux and OS X
...and many more!

Guide to setting it up

Highly recommended. Someone feel free to inform me if it's created by an evil corporation that kidnapped jshackles children or something.

470 doubles the fps of a 460. It's only 10% slower than a 480.
it also has double the vram unless you go for more expensive 460s but at that point whatever value it has goes out the window compared to the 470
If you're so cash constrained you have to buy a 460 rather than a 480, you're too cash constrained to buy-resell-buy two video cards in a year. Of course it's your money, buy what you want, but you did ask for advice.
And I do appreciate it. If I'd end up buying a 460 I'd force myself to stick with it for more than just a year, I think. But this has led me to look at the 470 a bit more closely and I think it's the one I want to buy.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

MUnited83

For you.
People say yes but it stopped functioning for me at some point a while back and, when I Googled about it, I discovered that (allegedly) it wasn't being worked on anymore so I just made some assumptions after reading that and decided to find an alternative rather than fix it. Don't know what the issue was to this date but, regardless, I found an even better alternative that works like a charm and has also apparently been around a while. So, old news, but new to me since I never had a reason to look at alternatives until I had an issue, and probably new to anyone asking questions like the one above:

https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm

Guide to setting it up

Highly recommended.
Regarding Idlemaster, it always stops working for me after a few weeks/months. Eventually when I open it I will be faced with a jangled mess when I open it and it doesnt idle any games. It's fixed by just downloading it again and setting it up again.

Xanathus

Idlemaster is still working for me, although the way I'm using it is to exploit the bug(?) where cards instantly drop if you start and stop a game that has already run past 2 hours. It seems like they've added a fix for it where they'll stop giving you cards if you've received a certain amount in a short period, but I assume you just need to wait awhile before doing it again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stump ive been hunting you and you are never on steam.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
One note: this software automatically makes you join its Steam Group unless you opt out in the config file.

Thanks for the heads up! Always good to know things like that. I am indeed in the group and didn't even know it. Seems like a strange decision but maybe it's for update notification/support reasons after looking at the group. Also surprised there are 173k members.

Thanks for the heads up! Always good to know things like that. I am indeed in the group and didn't even know it. Seems like a strange decision but maybe it's for update notification/support reasons after looking at the group. Also surprised there are 173k members.
A function of the Steam group is using the commands in the group chat. Personally I just execute the commands through WCF. ASF is very handy for farming cards if you have many Steam alt accounts.
https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm/wiki/Commands

People learned that MSAA is taxing.
everytime there is a new release that has MSAA in it, people crank it up to 8x with their 970s and then bitch about how the game is "unoptimized trash" because their 3.5 gb vram card can't handle it
This is why I'm glad I've never taken to caring for anti-aliasing, as I was so used to it being the luxury option from the late '90s to early aughts as opposed to a necessity. I've just gotten used to and have a bit of a fondness for jaggies. I love those hard edges, it's something I've come to view as a quintessential video game aesthetic. First thing I do in any graphic setting screen is notch whatever the AA setting defaulted to to off.

Ascheroth

I can't handle this.

Yep, the sidequests are great. They're very haunting.
Don't have a problem with traversal as well. 2B controls great and is fast to begin with, and the world isn't that big.
Owners: 96,928 ± 8,835

I was expecting NieR to sell. But not like this. O.O
The ride has only just began.
I could actually see it cracking 200k in its first week.

In any case, it's first week sales are going to make SE more money then lifetime sales for Final Fantasy XIII have.
Let that sink in. A budget Action-RPG at 60$ is making more money in its first week than the last mainline AAA Final Fantasy game, that has been selling for 2½ years on Steam.

But late ports are good business, right :p

Eurogamer's ME:A Review:
The lion's share of Andromeda's missions are busywork - go to a waypoint, scan 10 Remnant collapsible shelving units with your ugly wrist-mounted display, scoop up five mineral deposits for some lazy boffin back on the Nexus, blow up three raider outposts, and so forth. The game's reliance on such insipid fare is made all the worse by some needless toing-and-froing - this is a universe with FTL communications and cranial AI implants, but you can't check your email, pick a weapon prototype to research or take a vidcall without heading home to the Tempest. More aggravating still is the act of travelling between planets and solar systems, a janky, unskippable 20 second cinematic which feels like some animator's pet project that nobody had the heart to erase.
DA:I in space? Hard pass.

Hektor

Would you guys recommend finishing the first Nier before Nier: Automata?

It's a fantastic game worth playing and my goat. You'll also miss out on some subplots if you don't but it's not required going into Automata

Well, first reviews on ME: Andromeda are available

My prediction was right

Eurogamer called it biowares worst RPG to date.

But it's just us bioware haters spawning hate out of nowhere and not because bioware had been on a steady decline for years now or anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
warming up to nier, it's still far from a game i can say i'm engrossed by but i'm having fun with it, if anything because it's got that good music and the platinum combat is almost enough to get past the trademark nier repetitiveness of traveling to the same locations and fighting the same palette swapped enemy types over and over for sidequests

it really feels like a budget game at times with how repetitive it is and how bland and short on detail the environments are (and HOLY SHIT some textures). nier 1 had the same issue but that game had a good story to drive you forward, as well as just being the first game so when it did the sidescrolly and the bullethell stuff it actually was mindblowingly awesome

here it's none of that, it's a very derivative game with a surprisingly boring story that's kind of carried by the stylish combination of the art design, music and general platinum sense of movement and action, but i find the game very lacking in actual substance

i'm about 13 hours in and just met a2 (i'm told this game is 12 hours long but i don't think those numbers ever apply to me lol) and it feels like she might be the life that's missing from this cast of characters, so who knows

word on the street is that andromeda has terrible writing so i guess i was screwed either way

That's normal if you're using Kaldaien's mod.
hm

maybe i'll uninstall it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Switch+zelda ads on gaf now...

...gaf is trolling me.

Durante

Yep, the sidequests are great. They're very haunting.
Don't have a problem with traversal as well. 2B controls great and is fast to begin with, and the world isn't that big.
Agreed.

In any case, it's first week sales are going to make SE more money then lifetime sales for Final Fantasy XIII have.
Let that sink in. A budget Action-RPG at 60$ is making more money in its first week than the last mainline AAA Final Fantasy game, that has been selling for 2½ years on Steam.

But late ports are good business, right :p
Think of all the double-dippers!

Pfft.

zkylon

zkylewd
hopefully this'll be a strong incentive for square enix to port nier 1 and drakengard 3

i really don't understand why people are going crazy over nier 2 tho, specially people that played nier 1

Arthea

I'll never understand gaf's love for Nier, I would if it was a good game, but it really wasn't.

Anyway, are those shmup sections in Automata hard?

Arulan

I bought NieR: Automata, though I probably won't start it until next month. How does it play with the Steam controller?

EdmondD

I can't handle this.

Just got to this part. So awesome and sad.

I think it's probably because it's fucking amazing.

(I say that as someone who had Nier 1 as his game of the year)

Absolutely agree. Some of this game's sidequests have better stories than the entire plots of other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom