• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-36B4808B95A08540 - Taken by Belgarion. 18 entrants total.

t1490144461z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-B935A87747DC09FA - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 15 entrants total.

t1490144698z1.png

Durante

Top 6 PC games of the year so far according to OpenCritic:

Lesson: get Hollow Knight and Night in the Woods.
Isn't the first lesson there to get Nier?

And I agree with that lesson, even though it pains me as a hipster nerd to be that mainstream.

prudislav

Isn't the first lesson there to get Nier?

And I agree with that lesson, even though it pains me as a hipster nerd to be that mainstream.
not yet ;-) not gonna pay current price for Denuvo-infected game (not even for such awesome title), but definitely later down the line , although Hollow Knight is one of the titles listed for my upcoming batch of purchases

tmarg

Top 6 PC games of the year so far according to OpenCritic:

Lesson: get Hollow Knight and Night in the Woods.

Hollow Knight is incredible. I haven't played Axiom verge, but it's the best PC metroidvania I've played this far. Certainly miles better than than Ori or Guacamelee.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hollow Knight is so good, fam. Play that for sure. I guess you can play that Neir game too if you want, but Hollow Knight is the real deal.

Durante

Hollow Knight is incredible. I haven't played Axiom verge, but it's the best PC metroidvania I've played this far. Certainly miles better than than Ori or Guacamelee.
Have you played the best Metroidvania, Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight?

Nabs

Hollow Knight and Elliot Quest forever and ever.

I'm knee deep into Nier now. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up knocking out the B path tonight. I can't stop. Won't stop.

-Deimos

Nothing is perfect, unfortunately.
Viewing angles for TN
Response time for VA
Backlight bleed for IPS.
Up to the user what he's okay with.
But don't buy TN

It's not like people are doing acrobatics while using their monitors. Is TN really that bad if you're just sitting and looking straight forward?

Anno

Have you played the best Metroidvania, Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight?

Momodora was a top 5 game for me last year and I think HK is better in most regards. It's the first game that I ever felt supplanted Super Metroid as the best 2D action/adventure/platformer.

Kudo

It's not like people are doing acrobatics while using their monitors. Is TN really that bad if you're just sitting and looking straight forward?

TN is just so bad there is not enough words to describe it. I honestly wouldn't wish TN panel monitor even for my worst enemy.
Move your head even a millimeter and the colours shift, not acceptable, my eyes are worth better. Not to mention I feel like the whole image quality in TN panels can be sketchy compared to VA/IPS.
Unless you're aiming to be pro gamer and really need the 260Hz for "unfair advantage", just don't do it.

Durante

Don't worry, I have a colleague at work who bought my G-sync TN monitor off me even after I specifically told him that I hate how it looks, and he couldn't be happier with it.

Everyone is different in what they find most annoying in monitors and what they can live with.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
As someone who does lots of work in Photoshop and Illustrator, TN monitors are completely unacceptable for me. Even if I didn't, the difference between them and better monitors is night and day and I could never use one again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
TN is just so bad there is not enough words to describe it. I honestly wouldn't wish TN panel monitor even for my worst enemy.
Move your head even a millimeter and the colours shift, not acceptable, my eyes are worth better. Not to mention I feel like the whole image quality in TN panels can be sketchy compared to VA/IPS.
Unless you're aiming to be pro gamer and really need the 260Hz for "unfair advantage", just don't do it.

Don't worry, I have a colleague at work who bought my G-sync TN monitor off me even after I specifically told him that I hate how it looks, and he couldn't be happier with it.

Everyone is different in what they find most annoying in monitors and what they can live with.

Arrives Thursday, if I hate it I'll return it.

I have low standards tbf

C4rter

Having fun with Call of Duty 2 at the moment. Second play through since it's release in 2005. My god is that a great game. Even better than I remembered. The WW2 action is spot on. All the time I think I'm in some kind of war movie. The difficulty on "Hardened" is nearly ideal, you don't die instantly but you're not a bullet sponge either.
I wish the series could go back to this. But I don't think, even if they go back to WW2 now, they can recreate such a well written game. It was just ahead of it's time I think.

I had a look at all the other CoD games and I was shocked at how many WW2 games from the series never made their way to PC:
CoD 1 Finest Hour
CoD 2 Big Red One
Call of Duty: World at War - Final Fronts
and even the entire Call of Duty 3.

What I would give if they could release them now....

Kudo

Arrives Thursday, if I hate it I'll return it.

I have low standards tbf

I've had BenQ 144Hz and Asus 4K monitors which I both ended up selling/returning, hopefully you're better match with TN.
Especially if you got good deal on it and like it, should be good. What are your prior monitors? Can't see you hating it if your current one is TN too, pretty sure it should be upgrade as it is pretty fluid monitor. You mention though that you aim for 60, with that monitor you should be going for 120+ I think, otherwise I feel like the money would be better spent on image quality for that 60 (IPS monitor with higher resolution possibly).
But yeah, try it and if you like it that's everything that matters.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've had BenQ 144Hz and Asus 4K monitors which I both ended up selling/returning, hopefully you're better match with TN.
Especially if you got good deal on it and like it, should be good. What are your prior monitors? Can't see you hating it if your current one is TN too, pretty sure it should be upgrade as it is pretty fluid monitor. You mention though that you aim for 60, with that monitor you should be going for 120+ I think, otherwise I feel like the money would be better spent on image quality for that 60 (IPS monitor with higher resolution possibly).
But yeah, try it and if you like it that's everything that matters.

iirc my current monitor is TN too, and yeah I'll be aiming for 120 when this arrives, just my current monitor is capped at 60

Nabs

That gave me a question. Can you see how many votes your setups get? What is your ranking/best of?

Only if I look them up individually. I think my Dishonored config is by far the most used, mainly because it was the first (or close), and the game is incredibly popular. I have a Bastion config that ended up being used by a ton of people because something wonky happened to regular controller support. I wish I could go in and change one single option (switch the mouse region snap to off), but there's nothing I can do now!

-Deimos

That's a rather subjective question.

My subjective answer is yes, it really is that bad ;)
Well, if Durante says so. BRB while I throw out my monitor.

I'm too cheap to do that.

Geez, I feel like I gotta hug my monitor after reading that.

Why can't we have it all?

gabbo

Having fun with Call of Duty 2 at the moment. Second play through since it's release in 2005. My god is that a great game. Even better than I remembered. The WW2 action is spot on. All the time I think I'm in some kind of war movie. The difficulty on "Hardened" is nearly ideal, you don't die instantly but you're not a bullet sponge either.
I wish the series could go back to this. But I don't think, even if they go back to WW2 now, they can recreate such a well written game. It was just ahead of it's time I think.

I had a look at all the other CoD games and I was shocked at how many WW2 games from the series never made their way to PC:
CoD 1 Finest Hour
CoD 2 Big Red One
Call of Duty: World at War - Final Fronts
and even the entire Call of Duty 3.

What I would give if they could release them now....

Without some reworking, theyd all suffer from serious consolitis and likely play like crap

kagamin

Like I've said before, the only thing I look in for a monitor is how cheap it is, and if the resolution is 900p or better, my most recent one is both. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
blasphemy!

what's so bad about it?

The earlier fish aren't that bad, but some of the later ones are more frustrating than it's worth. There's one
called a botfish that constantly electrocutes you, zapping your health and making the minigame even more annoying

so nothing like spectacular?

guess i'll pass, got too many games to play

It's great, but nothing really amazing or groundbreaking. It's been bundled before, and it'll probably be bundled again around the release of the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom