• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how strict Valve are with games that do that?
Let's say that the game contains a file named "StrategicallyPlacedLensFlares.ill" and all you have to do to get the full experience is delete that file, would that be ok?

Usually, publishers just leave a sticked thread with a link for the restoration patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Humblebundle has a weird Wikipedia bundle up. Last item mentions Humble Indie Bundles 1-17.

Also this actually will let you go through with a purchase.

Screw that, they have a motherfucking Horus Heresy bundle o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do we know how strict Valve are with games that do that?
Let's say that the game contains a file named "StrategicallyPlacedLensFlares.ill" and all you have to do to get the full experience is delete that file, would that be ok?

Valve turns a blind eye to it.

Edit: Oops, thought I refreshed the thread.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Endruen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales of Symphonia -- MB-07A89463FA19D4FB - Taken by Javier23. 57 entrants total.

t1491084262z1.png

Is that Blur really blur?

Hey Dunder, when we speed running again?

Well shit, why not tonight!??!?!?!?!
WHO WANT IN?

THE GRAND PRIZE FOR COMING #1 AFTER PLAYING ALL OFFICIAL MAPS:
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR!
or maybe not, I suck now lol

1. DunderHassan
2. iosefe
3. Schnitzelfee
4. Corrosivefrost
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Well shit, why not tonight!??!?!?!?!
WHO WANT IN?

THE GRAND PRIZE FOR COMING #1 AFTER PLAYING ALL OFFICIAL MAPS:
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR!
or maybe not, I suck now lol

1. DunderHassan
2. iosefe
3. Schnitzelfee
4. Corrosivefrost
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???

The pressure is real *heavy breathing *

Been thinking about this each time I make a giveaway, wouldn't it be good to have a 12h raffle for ModBot?
3h is too short when I want to post it early but also give other timezones a chance to enter, while 24h would mean it wont end until the next day and I'm too impatient for that (yes I know that sounds silly :p)

Durante

Trying to apply another from of AO in Nier Automata ?
No, the game's AO is pretty good (it's SAO, one of my favourite algorithms). Those are the same algorithm, just once at 800x450 (the default) and once at 2560x1440.

And I'm not trying, that's what I did the past 2 hours or so -- I'm done ;)

9S?

Don't tell me this is a spoiler :eek:
I don't think standing somewhere is much of a spoiler, but I guess I can tag it. I mean this screenshot right on the Steam store page of the game is equally as much of a spoiler.

No, the game's AO is pretty good (it's SAO, one of my favourite algorithms). Those are the same algorithm, just once at 800x450 (the default) and once at 2560x1440.

And I'm not trying, that's what I did the past 2 hours or so -- I'm done ;)

I don't think standing somewhere is much of a spoiler, but I guess I can tag it.

Forgive me for the language barrier but:
Basically, it uses SAO, but base one is at 800*450 (1/4 of the PS4 version resolution) and the one you modded is at your native res. Right ?

Tizoc

It'd be curious if the image in that counter changes to other Platinum games like say Vanquish or Anarchy Reigns
Just sayin'

I don't think standing somewhere is much of a spoiler, but I guess I can tag it. I mean this screenshot right on the Steam store page of the game is equally as much of a spoiler.

I don't think it matters much, no worries. I was just surprised is all.

But tbf I don't think that screenshot is from gameplay, just like the other shots. :p

Durante

I don't think it matters much, no worries. I was just surprised is all.

But tbf I don't think that screenshot is from gameplay, just like the other shots. :p
I'm pretty certain that store screenshot (and most others) is a gameplay shot without HuD.

Grief.exe

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adam Wolfe -- MB-E42C231B0E641260 - Taken by Arthea. 8 entrants total.

t1491058058z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ludens, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-BD5A6D8314CB6F2B - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-6946405CCF353085 - Taken by Barajas_201. 4 entrants total.
Comix Zone -- MB-82339CD20DC2F2FC - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-B2A89C2D882F82DE - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-9FADCBB9A6E4966F - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-C1D3208168FF1B5A - Taken by impliedsignificance. 2 entrants total.
Dirt Showdown -- MB-3B1FD8910ADB0C88 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Escape this -- MB-658A5D9CF354C8A9 - Taken by zebez. 1 entrants total.
Golden Axe 2 -- MB-96ABFF1CEAAC433B - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-427DA9C0E7E00344 - Taken by purseowner. 3 entrants total.
Operation Global Shield -- MB-7F949C8C30A3BC64 - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-DD5306AD2504D4D5 - Taken by Valahart. 1 entrants total.

t1491066321z1.png

get it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-77C2CC1459D7528C - Taken by inky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom