• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are atelier games on pc more stable than consoles? Played one of them on ps2 or ps3 and it crashed during the end game every single time and I couldnt complete it. Made me swear off the series.

Durante

Are atelier games on pc more stable than consoles? Played one of them on ps2 or ps3 and it crashed during the end game every single time and I couldnt complete it. Made me swear off the series.
I've played Atelier Sophie on my PC for *checks Steam* 45 hours without a single crash.

We have multiple others with ~100 hour playtimes here in the Steam thread and I haven't heard anything about instability.

Momentary

Banned
STEAM is about to have a Bullet Hell invasion next week

Super Galaxy Squadron EX TURBO on the 6th
Ghost Blade on the 8th
And Danmaku Unlimited 3 on the 9th.

I really wish I would have done a write up for Danmaku Unlimited 3 for this month. But I'm currently out in the field. I finally found a way to charge up my phone today. Is there maybe a possibility that I could do a late entry? The game needs all the exposure it can get.

As for Arc System Works, I feel like they've done a damn good job finally getting their catalogues of games caught up on PC. They have been slaving releasing their games on here. Now we are getting Central Fiction soon and Rev. 2 more than likely is releasing around the same time as the console version,

gngf123

I've had no problems with Sophie. Others here have played the game way more than me though.

Arthea

100 hours here, not a single problem whatsoever.
It runs like a song, I wish they rereleased all old games this way that I can finally play them in peace.

edited: what's most important, loadings are barely noticeable for the first time.

I was just made aware of this game's existence. It looks intriguing af.

There is even an OT.

Quote from a review:

Like The Stanley Parable, Undertale or last year's Pony Island, No Code's first full release is something so perfectly unlike anything else that, if this was a perfect world, you would just go and play it right now, completely blind to any of the game's mechanics, hooks or narrative twists.

http://www.gamespew.com/2017/02/stories-untold-review/

21bc4e7302b5f0f578da9c2327976d78051c46b5444d722112bad6195fd17f0a.jpg

Rizzi

Hey, it's my 27th birthday. One year closer to the grave, woo!
To keep this vaguely on topic, any of y'all played the new River City Ransom? Think I might grab that if it's not poop.

Hey, it's my 27th birthday. One year closer to the grave, woo!
To keep this vaguely on topic, any of y'all played the new River City Ransom? Think I might grab that if it's not poop.

Happy b-day!

I was planning to buy RCRU, but the game seems to have some issues. The user score keeps going lower on steam (now 80% positive).

I guess the atelier series might be worth another go if gust can release fully functional games on PC. Modders can fix their games if they cant.

Yeah I'm reading the negative reviews on RCRU's steam page. A lot of interesting points are being brought up.

In its current state, the game has a lot of very problematic bugs and weird design decisions.

Yeah, Stories Untold is getting some serious buzz.

But the initial discussion about it here was how the title's stylings "stole" from Stranger Things who "borrowed" from Stephen King, haha.

I'd say you can't judge a book/game by its cover, but there are so, so many times that you can.

Aaron D.

Yup.

This game is legit.

Like, legit legit.

I can't believe what they've done with what looks like a simple text (horror) adventure gameplay loop. Just incredible. And I'm only half-way through.

Holy crap this game has personality and style.

Holy crap this game scared the piss out of me, lol.

Only like $8+ on Steam this week too.

Megauap

Yup.

This game is legit.

Like, legit legit.

I can't believe what they've done with what looks like a simple text (horror) adventure gameplay loop. Just incredible. And I'm only half-way through.

You made me add it to my wishlist...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and finished Hollow Knight at 97% completion (which is very rare for me with these games) and 31 hours. I cant figure out how to get the true ending, need to do that to move on to something else.

Game is Dark Souls 1 type of special.

Teggy

and finished Hollow Knight at 97% completion (which is very rare for me with these games) and 31 hours. I cant figure out how to get the true ending, need to do that to move on to something else.

Game is Dark Souls 1 type of special.

The fact that it is being compared to Dark Souls is probably why I am souring on it :(. When I backed it I thought it was just a metroidvania.

Anyone else has an issue where some games refuse to update completely?

qlSWVdr.png

That's what happens when I click "play" on the affected games (trying to update them normally just triggers the update process for a second, then the games go back to "queued")

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The fact that it is being compared to Dark Souls is probably why I am souring on it :(. When I backed it I thought it was just a metroidvania.

I dont even know what this means. It is a metroidvania, the Dark Souls trappings are how its a open world with a ton of npcs and "quests" (not exclamation mark over head go kill 10 rats quests, more like Souls quests where you will find npcs on various locations and you follow their little journey), zones that matter and crazy criptic stuff that only a community of people playing the game would find out.

instead of just being a linear metroidvania like most are.

Tizoc

I dont even know what this means. It is a metroidvania, the Dark Souls trappings are how its a open world with a ton of npcs and "quests" (not exclamation mark over head go kill 10 rats quests, more like Souls quests where you will find npcs on various locations and you follow their little journey), zones that matter and crazy criptic stuff that only a community of people playing the game would find out.

Doesnt metroidvania involve exp and rpg elements?
Hollow knight is more akin to metroid than the usual vania fare
Altho the shop is prob a reason why it is associated with the -vania themed games

Rhaknar

Doesnt metroidvania involve exp and rpg elements?
Hollow knight is more akin to metroid than the usual vania fare
Altho the shop is prob a reason why it is associated with the -vania themed games

no, metroidvanias involve usually 2d games with interconnected maps with abilities you find along the way to get access to new zones.

most have no xp or rpg systems, I dont know where youre getting that from.

Deques

no, metroidvanias involve usually 2d games with interconnected maps with abilities you find along the way to get access to new zones.

Doesn't Castlevania games have rpg elements, such as leveling?

Tizoc

that is how the metroid games play as well

Rhaknar

dude its called metroidvania for a reason, of course the metroid games play like that. Whats happening right now lol.

Its just a term that people came up with to say "these games are like that Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night dawgs"

I want Stories Untold but maybe I can hold out until Halloween season to buy and play the game. Might have a bigger discount by then too.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Doesn't Castlevania games have rpg elements, such as leveling?

The first Castlevania metroidvanias got their "vania" from (SotN), certainly does have xp/rpg systems, and many metroidvanias do to some extent as a result. It depends on whether the developers focus more on the metroid or more on the vania part of the genre.

Its just a term that people came up with to say "these games are like ... Symphony of the Night

That's... exactly where he's getting it from. =p

Nzyme32

There is even an OT.

Quote from a review:

http://www.gamespew.com/2017/02/stories-untold-review/

21bc4e7302b5f0f578da9c2327976d78051c46b5444d722112bad6195fd17f0a.jpg

Yup.

This game is legit.

Like, legit legit.

You made me add it to my wishlist...

Yeah - finished it yesterday. Absolutely loved it.

I STRONGLY encourage you not to read much about it, as this is a game holding its cards quite close to its chest with good reason.

My only complaint is that I want lots more content - not that the game is too short or not satisfying - because it is quite brilliant as it is, which is why I want lots more. It took 4hrs for me to finish playing very casually through it.

For me it wasn't neccessarily scary, but it perfectly brought about eeriness, creepiness and incredible atmosphere. Wonderful

Deques

dude its called metroidvania for a reason, of course the metroid games play like that. Whats happening right now lol.

Its just a term that people came up with to say "these games are like that Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night dawgs"

Sorry, I misread your post, as I always do >.<

I thought you said that metroidvanias don't have rpg elements

Teggy

The features I'm thinking of are the limited health, corpse runs and long runs to bosses (that have no health bars - this more about some of the opaqueness of the gameplay as DS bosses have health bars).

Some people like to differentiate between games that are metroid-like and games that could be considered metroidvania.
Like for example Axiom Verge is more metroid than -vania and i would consider it a metroid-like while a game like Bloodstained is pure metroidvania.

Tizoc

Some people like to differentiate between games that are metroid-like and games that could be considered metroidvania.
Like for example Axiom Verge is more metroid than -vania and i would consider it a metroid-like while a game like Bloodstained is pure metroidvania.
Yup that is how i approach the terms as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom