• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
That fresh thread smell. Wonder when we can visit it in VR.

2839145-giantbomb+headless+racing+project+cars.gif

Phinor

Should've invested that money into Overwatch tbqh

Blindly ordered Overwatch in January. I still haven't actually played or seen the game played, no one I know ever got invited to any of the betas. That's why purchasing Battleborn was even more stupid, I'm going to spend next week with Overwatch open beta anyway.

Jawmuncher

haha that's great

thanks for the replies everybody

playstation vr mention makes me feel like ehhhh it might not be a "real" game

but this reminds me i'd totally go for a new tenchu game

The game is mentioned for Xbox One as well. So the PSVR will be supplemental.
For example if it was Armored Core, would probably be a cockpit view or something.
So I wouldn't worry about it not being a real game. Had it just said PSVR and PC then maybe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres no map in Ys Origin right? im not missing a button or something?

cyba89

So how hard will Battleborn bomb? The game comes out in 3 days and is currently No. 27 on the worldwide topsellers list.

Jawmuncher

So how hard will Battleborn bomb? The game comes out in 3 days and is currently No. 27 on the worldwide topsellers list.

I can see it probably still being a million seller (I think Evolve was as well), but it's definitely going to lose a lot of steam. Considering gearbox is banking on this being as big as borderlands.

mp1990

Banned
Blindly ordered Overwatch in January. I still haven't actually played or seen the game played, no one I know ever got invited to any of the betas. That's why purchasing Battleborn was even more stupid, I'm going to spend next week with Overwatch open beta anyway.

I'm almost doing the same thing, lol. Probably gonna be a stupid move from my part because, well, I should just go play TF2 instead and spend the money elsewhere, but goddamnit, Overwatch just push all the right buttons with me. Gonna wait for the open beta next week before pulling the trigger, but I've already made up my mind

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Koihime Enbu -- MB-F4EF6AA80DFF420B - Taken by mp1990. 43 entrants total.

t1462098339z1.png

Nzyme32

Oh man - I completely forgot about the months recommendations.

You're missing one of the most awesome ones, so I'm just gonna type something here:

----------------------

Stellaris - May 9th

stellaris-wallpaper-hd-desktop.jpg

Stellaris is a combination of 4X and Grand Strategy set in the vast wonders of space on a galactic scale. The game is brought to you by Paradox Development Studios, who are best known for their successful Grand Strategy games such as Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, which have typically been historically based. In Stellaris you create your own race with an absurd amount of customisation, right down to their traits and philosophies that drive them, sending them on a journey to expand beyond their home world to do as you see fit. The galaxy you explore can consist of 1000s of solar systems, each with their own sets of planets and Alien life, and is set to have in excess of 44 computer controlled players along with many more other life forms. The openness of the game is quite absurd, with all manner of possibilities available to you for expansion, discovery and evolution of your race, and many quests and dilemmas to face you on your journey.

Unlike their previous games, Paradox Development Studios are promising a much easier learning curve for newcomers to 4X and Grand Strategy thanks to a much more thorough and pervasive tutorial system and the gradual expansion from early game 4X gameplay, into late game Grand Strategy and diplomacy that is quite different to their prior games, mixing up gameplay to make sure things are not so simple within your Empire.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game is mentioned for Xbox One as well. So the PSVR will be supplemental.
For example if it was Armored Core, would probably be a cockpit view or something.
So I wouldn't worry about it not being a real game. Had it just said PSVR and PC then maybe.
ah that's smart of u, didn't think of it

i don't mind supplemental vr stuff, i just hope it's something souls size and non mandatory vr stuff cos while i kinda liked my experiences with oculus and gear vr and stuff but i don't think i'd ever buy one cos that's not really something that appeals to me and i'd want from to just do something more "normal"

MRORANGE

Oh man - I completely forgot about the months recommendations.

You're missing one of the most awesome ones, so I'm just gonna type something here:

----------------------

Stellaris - May 9th

stellaris-wallpaper-hd-desktop.jpg

Stellaris is a combination of 4X and Grand Strategy set in the vast wonders of space on a galactic scale. The game is brought to you by Paradox Development Studios, who are best known for their successful Grand Strategy games such as Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, which have typically been historically based. In Stellaris you create your own race with an absurd amount of customisation, right down to their traits and philosophies that drive them, sending them on a journey to expand beyond their home world to do as you see fit. The galaxy you explore can consist of 1000s of solar systems, each with their own sets of planets and Alien life, and is set to have in excess of 44 computer controlled players along with many more other life forms. The openness of the game is quite absurd, with all manner of possibilities available to you for expansion, discovery and evolution of your race, and many quests and dilemmas to face you on your journey.

Unlike their previous games, Paradox Development Studios are promising a much easier learning curve for newcomers to 4X and Grand Strategy thanks to a much more thorough and pervasive tutorial system and the gradual expansion from early game 4X gameplay, into late game Grand Strategy and diplomacy that is quite different to their prior games, mixing up gameplay to make sure things are not so simple within your Empire.

Added to OP.

Khilandros

Any good anime games coming out that I should keep an eye on for this month?

Edit: Of course Koihime Enbu. I know June will have a lot, not sure what else is this month.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Total War: Warhammer, Stellaris & TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan is all I need this month.

sadblob

Any good anime games coming out that I should keep an eye on for this month?

Edit: Of course Koihime Enbu. I know June will have a lot, not sure what else is this month.
I think Aselia the Eternal just came out.

A friend gifted me Recettear (in response to me gifting him Neptunia), played a couple of hours and it's very fun. What's better than scamming little girls and retired men, with super cute anime characters?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm this fucking Centipede boss is quite a difficulty spike

voodooray

comes out of Early Access on May 5. has good reviews.. it's a first person puzzle game about programming, you go around and mess w/ logic gates and other things to progress..

I played a little of it in Alpha, but have been waiting for the full release.. It was in a couple of bundles, maybe you own it.

Thanks for highlighting this, I was interested, and seems that I had indeed managed to pick this up already.

The story mode eases you into what you need to do (you 'wire up' certain objects that change the properties of the map to allow you to progress).

It also has a sandbox where you are just given free reign to manipulate all the properties in its abstract, 'Tron-like' world.

Ozium

Did ORANGE actually play it tho

no he just said it looks good

I hope these people are joking who are being swayed by this... otherwise I have no idea wtf is going on.

if orange actually wrote something hype I could see people succumbing to rhetoric, but this is...

I dunno fam

Oh man, I didn't know Stellaris was out this month, that's awesome. Glad they're adding in more tutorial stuff than what they've had previously (not that that would be difficult to top).

yuraya

I wanna play DOom but just for the SP. Not in the mood to throw down so much for what is most likely a very short SP as well. The game doesn't really look all that great either. Looks very easy and bland. I'll pick it up when its much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom