• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Youtube is too powerful sometimes.

Definitely, think streamers/Youtubers are the best marketing way you can do nowadays, fans of person will buy anything the person likes or plays.

It's been getting played by some streamers and youtubers recently too like Day9 and lobosjr.

Wondering if it's just momentum or they got a new PR firm or what.

Would make sense, nevertheless good to see Hollow Knight getting some love, looking forward to playing it myself too.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like some publishers are doing the scummy thing by raising their prices a month before summer sale.

Depending on where you live this kind of activity may actually be illegal. Not sure about SEA, but I believe that raising prices and then discounting to the previously lowered price is considered false advertising in the US.

Might be worth raising a stink about online as much as you can if it is illegal in your area. Companies do this all the time though and it seems are never punished for it. =/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gross. Why does Valve let this happen? It's abusive behaviour.

I'd like to think it's illegal, too...

Yeah, price changes aren't applied automatically but rather have to be submitted to Valve for processing, so it should really crack down on this sort of thing.

The worst part is, I've probably fallen for it before and never realised it.

Does Enhanced Steam have a previous price feature, if it's even possible? I could see a lot of use for that in these scummy times.

e.g.
Buy Game $59.99
[Previously $49.99 until 05.17.2017]

The Surge is really fun, it has a speed to it that the Dark Souls games don't quite have. Not sure if it's just the EXO suit that I have but I can do some dope slide attacks and just really get around quick.

TsuXna

The Surge is really fun, it has a speed to it that the Dark Souls games don't quite have. Not sure if it's just the EXO suit that I have but I can do some dope slide attacks and just really get around quick.

Have been enjoying The Surge. Not a big fan of Sci-fi art, but i like the combat and pacing. The dual weapon from the second boss is so far my favorite. Combos looks amazing.

Uzzy

Paradox. At least in SEA region (ID, MY, SG, PH, TH)

Well Paradox have responded.

Hey gang,
As you have noticed prices for our products have increased in certain regions around the globe and this is something we've intentionally done. The reason for this is to make our prices match the purchasing power of those areas, as well as create a more equal price point for our products across the globe.

Our prices have remained pretty much the same for several years and it's only natural for us to re-evaluate price points at regular intervals based on the strength of various currencies, fluctuations in world markets and many other factors. This is something that all publishers do and we are no exception.

Sadly this means that the price has gone up for certain regions and whilst this is something we'd like to avoid, it's necessary to keep our price point more in line with our other markets. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause and hope you can understand why we are doing this.

Parsnip

Happy birthday

Why do some games not work with the Xbox One controller right stick? Trying to play Dead Space on my TV and yeah it didn't end well with no camera control.

Did you check the controller configuration in steam overlay? Your right stick might have defaulted to mouse emulation. If it did, just load the default gamepad template and overwrite it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well Paradox have responded.

The reason for this is to make our prices match the purchasing power of those areas, as well as create a more equal price point for our products across the globe.

That's certainly one contradictory way to put it.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Box Maze - Complete Edition -- MB-4EEB13C671210CD2 - Taken by madjoki
Deus Ex Machina -- MB-3638CE2F947346C1 - Taken by data
Game Tycoon 2 -- MB-A8747FB3EBF9E206 - Taken by texhnolyze
Moto RKD Dash -- MB-9BE17766D0D30DAD - Taken by didamangi
On the Path -- MB-04516C67381C3CCB - Taken by MaxiLive
Svrvive: The Deus Helix -- MB-44C03246C2055526 - Taken by derFeef
The Adventures of Fatman -- MB-42227CE71BEE79A7 - Taken by KainXVIII

zkylon

zkylewd
dark souls 3 isn't that bad, i'm kind of enjoying playing it again

i mean, it's a good game, but playing it without any baggage, listening to a podcast without caring much about stories or secrets or whatever is pretty fun

i might go srs mode for the dlc tho

So I totally forgot that Stay! Stay! Democratic People's Republic of Korea! was coming out (if at all) or a thing but it sure did. Bought it out of curiosity and as a joke but after 40 minutes I think this will be the first VN I finish lol.
987945298DDCE65DB1551DF319DFF17ABEC8C360

Arthea

That's some nice looking TRPG, releases today

one more nice looking game that released today too

seems to have an interesting magic system this one

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Anyone else smell bullshit?

Sorry, we cannot exploit commodity changes because we will always settle on the basic accounting rule of home-based currency, instead of balancing out those equations on Excel, or whatever accountants use.

Ask, my older brother. I'm more into bio-med.

madjoki

Illegal within the EU at least, I think. I remember people commenting on it when Amazon sellers were caught doing something similar.

It's only illegal if you it right before sale.

Valve requires 30 days for price increase before sale, so I suppose that's considered enough for it to be technically legal. :p

Anyone else smell bullshit?

Yeah, I have my doubts that Russia has magically doubled it's purchasing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom