• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
The PC show is after the MS conference so they could be there for pretty much anything.

Though I suppose they probably would not want to use main conference time for a specific new PC port. So could be there for that, or could be like last year when they just showed off Halo Wars 2.

Kssio_Aug

I have owned Alan Wake since 2012, but started playing it yesterday and I think I can understand why some people love it. Didnt really enjoyed it too much before cause I was finding it frustrating (started on normal, which is apparently the hard of X360), but started it on easy now (the original normal mode) and am enjoying it a lot! Just reached chapter 4!

Great writing, story and gameplay! I am very excited to understand whats actually happening with Alan.

I'm gonna interpret that as meaning Steam Store sales.

"Confidence metric".

So, yeah, you can pretty much bet on that meaning sales. Valve, to the best of my knowledge, and this is all up on Steam News so I'm pretty sure this is all public info, has been severely reducing the effect that non-Steam bought copies have on the alogrithm, as well as "Card Farming Simulators". Trading Cards have led to a rise in broken games getting through Greenlight. People have been making money off maxing out the card limit and letting that be their business model. I fully expect Steam Direct, when it is revealed in the future (I doubt before Summer Sale, though), to be a major help in cutting down on these literal shovelware games, but will shovelware games cease to exist on Steam? I doubt it.

Yay, it's my Birthday. Here is a modicum of bundlejunk!

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-65D019147FAF9B36 - Taken by Orgen. 10 entrants total.
Divide By Sheep -- MB-C51044E78713DDB7 - Taken by rainking187. 11 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-7FE678B7F5EA11F7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 9 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-921F622797787E58 - Taken by NeoRaider. 39 entrants total.
Kromaia -- MB-5F03584B5BFE9DEF - Taken by Cels. 7 entrants total.
Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner -- MB-1552FAAF313F500D - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-9CCFB6EB6C6F5A2B - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 1 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-C605295F4DF8925C - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-77758C0695B2BEE9 - Taken by claytonlee101. 3 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-D12C45D705744D80 - Taken by purseowner. 2 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-9BDFC26100BB05F7 - Taken by White Wolf. 19 entrants total.
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-4BBB4E9F82FD255D - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
The Adventures Of Fatman -- MB-6DCB30B10151B7D6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-65ABA986FF3900C2 - Taken by Jalal. 13 entrants total.
The Land of Eyas -- MB-2A9292C2BCE9E136 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-9FD3AA6EE6EBF90D - Taken by Servizio. 10 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-46B9D35336E712FA - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Turbo Pug -- MB-B17437A6975A0B11 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
UnderRail -- MB-4BFF43F2AACC4E55 - Taken by Monooboe. 12 entrants total.

Vitatio 2 -- MB-B5F8406950BC72E3 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-1954D0347EFE666C - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.

t1495327625z1.png

Vibranium

Banned
Speaking of Birthdays, Parasite Eve really deserves a reboot, something like then first game's combat system with a modern flair, and survival horror elements. It's cool how two of the main supporting cast members in the first were minorities (Daniel and Maeda). Also, the book is decent and it was super neat how the games are sequels, like The Witcher.

I doubt Square Enix will ever touch it again though and maybe that's for the best.

Megasoum

Banned
So I think that Sony added some kind of official support for the Dual Shock 4 in Windows right?

Can we now use a bluetooth connection without having to use weird third party app?

Parsnip

So I think that Sony added some kind of official support for the Dual Shock 4 in Windows right?

Can we now use a bluetooth connection without having to use weird third party app?

As far as I know, Sony released their "official adapter", but that's about it.
You still want to use either DS4Windows/inputmapper or just use Steam's input configuration stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
As far as I know, Sony released their "official adapter", but that's about it.
You still want to use either DS4Windows/inputmapper or just use Steam's input configuration stuff.

Oh so even with the official adapter it would still not be automatically supported in game (without the steam config stuff?)

Oh so even with the official adapter it would still not be automatically supported in game (without the steam config stuff?)

Even if they did release a driver it wouldn't be compatible with Xinput. Which is what almost every game uses for controllers, the Steam solution is actually the better option in terms of compatibility.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Punch Club -- MB-383029B936DBE7FD - Taken by longlivegaming. 11 entrants total.

t1495262996z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dead Cells looks fucking amazing, stupid Early Access :(

yuraya

Gaming side has been quite the trip these past few days with all the Destiny pc/console discussion. Some of the stuff you read just makes absolutely no sense.

The biggest headscratcher is the double dip mentality. I really don't get it. Especially for those who have a capable pc. I mean why would you torture yourself playing the game @30fps and not just play it the way it was meant to be @60+? Its like some people just deliberately want to flush money down the toilet for a worse experience.

Knurek

Gaming side has been quite the trip these past few days with all the Destiny pc/console discussion. Some of the stuff you read just makes absolutely no sense.

The biggest headscratcher is the double dip mentality. I really don't get it. Especially for those who have a capable pc. I mean why would you torture yourself playing the game @30fps and not just play it the way it was meant to be @60+? Its like some people just deliberately want to flush money down the toilet for a worse experience.

Some people just have to play at launch.

I did it for Dark Souls 2 and it was completely worth it. Then again Souls is my favorite series and actually plays best on pad. Destiny 2 I'm definitely waiting though.

yuraya

Some people just have to play at launch.

That is the other one I don't get. There hasn't been a single game released this gen that any one can argue has been a must play @ launch..instead of waiting for patches,expansions, dlc etc. Being late to the party has never been more rewarding than it has these days. If pc version is delayed by like a year+ than yea it would be rough...but if its only a few weeks/months than its not a big deal at all. The fact that they already have a smooth playable 4k pc version makes me think the delay will be minimal at best.

jediyoshi

Destiny is a very social game and the pool of players you get is dictated by platform. Most of my friends carry over from PS4, so my trade off is more like choosing to maroon myself alone on an island on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"The way it was MEANT TO BE PLAYED" lol

Im pretty sure thats a tagline for something... nvidia?

Corpekata

Banned
The double dip makes no sense for a game like Destiny when you're going to be losing X amount of progress and leaving a community you're likely to have friends in.

And re: Not playing at Launch. In most games, sure. In an MMO styled game, it can mean a lot of things. Like take The Taken King. That version of Destiny launched with 2 DLCs and the base game's content nearly useless and not worth playing. It isn't like playing GTA V or Nier where you're getting the same (or better) experience 2 months down the line. It's pretty much objectively a worse experience (beyond bugs). Games like Destiny absolutely do rely on that long term event based investment.

Jimrpg

For some people money is no object. And some people only buy a few games a year so it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm literally on the other spectrum though, I like buying lots of games so every dollar saved goes toward another game I can buy. I have double/triple dipped quite a few times so I can understand people playing on multiple platforms.

Also the standard price of a game is $60, but publishers still sell heaps of copies of the collector's edition at $120-$200 so there are plenty of people who are happy to spend that much.

Yeah, that's absolutely baffling. Moreover, it doesn't stop there. There's no cross-save feature so you have absolutely no respect to your own time by throwing your weeks or months of progress on console version to switch to PC later. It's an mmo(lite), it's not a game that you can simply replay. You'll get attached to your character, especially after months of investing time to achieve everything that you have today.

yuraya

Destiny is a very social game and the pool of players you get is dictated by platform. Most of my friends carry over from PS4, so my trade off is more like choosing to maroon myself alone on an island on PC.

Tell your friends to come over to pc. It shouldn't be too hard to convince them once you explain the benefits you get in a game like Destiny. Faster load times, higher fps, M/KB etc. And its not like Bnet hasn't been the largest online gaming community going on decades now. Just being a part of GAF Destiny/Blizzard community here would guarantee you won't be playing alone on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom