• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

You're so fast.

Also Blood Bullets Bananas is living up to its name.

aLQJwOr.gif

Knurek

So, just in time for N2DS release, it seems people managed to get private keys for 3DS crypto.
Sooner or later we won't need 3DS for content decryption, just PC - should help a bit with Citra progress.

Phinor

CDKeys is already selling the PC version for 30€ so it's not going to be full price double dip anyways, but here's hoping they manage to get it release simultaneously.

I've seen some rounding in my time but going from 39.59€ to 30€ just doesn't seem quite right :) It's been at ~40€ the whole time it's been up for sale at CDKeys and if Overwatch is anything to go by, that's about the cheapest it will be for the next year or so.

Then again us WoW addicts can just buy it with gold if the game somehow turns out to be good. I don't have high hopes but there's always a chance I suppose.

Yakkue

I feel like This if the Police is a bit too long, it's dragging a bit but I think I'm near the end now.
Did anyone here already play through it?

Tizoc

Edge gave Rime a 9. Nice.

It cannot suck because it is developped by the studio which created Deadlight.

Some of the posts in that thread came off like...because Sony isn't behind the game anymore, it'll suck.
Personally I took a wait and see approach, as I want to see reviews before I grab it off gamersgate.

I am curious about Get Even too, not that it'd be a game I'd play but I think it'll appeal to the RE7 crowd.

gabbo

I managed to salvage Bloodrayne 1 on PC.

Even though the GOG version is better than the Steam version, playing the Steam version (for the Steam cards and so I can at least have it in my Steam gametime list.

I tried applying some of the fixes that the GOG version had (1.1 version) since the Steam version has 1.0.

Fixed most of the issues.

Changed resolution from 640x480 to 1920x1080 - looks quite good.

FPS went from 200+ to 30 FPS (the console version FPS)

Cutscenes are borked, cant see any cutscene (The CG ones at least) but thats not a issue since there's like 3 or 4 cutscenes total and they are viewable in the "video" folder for the Steam version (which I already watched).

Controller setting at first was messed up but I managed to find a way to get my PS4 controller working but there's a slight right movement by itself...not a big issue.

This game is gonna get a low score from me when I'm done with it for sure I know mainly cause of the issues I experienced with the Steam port. Might play the GOG version just to see how it turns out but not the whole way.

Though I can see why the issues remained since this game came out on PC back in 2003 when PC gaming wasnt really as big as it is now.

I can say for certain the gog version's cutscenes run without issue. Are you enjoying the game aside from the technical issues?

Kudo

I've seen some rounding in my time but going from 39.59€ to 30€ just doesn't seem quite right :) It's been at ~40€ the whole time it's been up for sale at CDKeys and if Overwatch is anything to go by, that's about the cheapest it will be for the next year or so.

Then again us WoW addicts can just buy it with gold if the game somehow turns out to be good. I don't have high hopes but there's always a chance I suppose.

Probably mistaking it for Prey as that's 29€ so rounded it to 30€, oh well.
Also I paid 32$ (28€) for OW so I'm certain Destiny 2 will drop in price too.

jediyoshi

Big ol drama in the SFM smut community. No links, but a quote

"so lets talk about what he said here…“ We’ve paid you almost $10,000 ” yes that is true but if you remember what i said earlier about the pay arrangement you’ll notice i was suppose to be paid $11,000 by May…this is because he kept paying me $1500 a month until i asked about it in march…he was not happy that I called him out on it. for which i received another angry email."

Nutty numbers, then I realized they pulled $24k on Patreon this month alone.

City 17

Stephen's Sausage Roll is giving me major Snakebird flashbacks. That is, I love it, but fuck me it's kicking my arse.
Haven't played Snakebird, does it share the same design philosophy... of having super simple rules (it's basically 4-5 buttons all game) but requiring deep strategies?

Where are you at SSR?

There is, but only in PAL Land... and on the JP Steam Store as a renamed GOTY Edition. It's identical to the DDE in terms of content, though.

Whaaat.. 20£ is such a steal.

I'm pretty sure we won't see a similar deal on Steam in 2018. Even the base game is still higher than that.

Corpekata

Banned
I feel like This if the Police is a bit too long, it's dragging a bit but I think I'm near the end now.

It's not good, and yes, it is WAY too long.

This is the Police is a game that, on paper sounds great. But the longer you play it, the more the blemishes show. The sim elements are basic and a lot simpler than the game wants to let on. The game pretends that each cop has their own personalities and inner lives but it's almost entirely random. The choices don't really matter. Half of the things you can unlock are useless.

I really liked my first handful of hours with it, but I really soured on it by the end.

Haven't played Snakebird, does it share the same design philosophy... of having super simple rules (it's basically 4-5 buttons all game) but requiring deep strategies?

Where are you at SSR?

Snakebird only uses the directional buttons. The concept is as simple as it gets but it gets fiendishly difficult.

I've only played about an hour of SSR, probably did 8 puzzles out of the 12 or so I tried.

Hektor

Just letting people know if someone here is from Germany and is looking to buy Switch Clas Ohlson has deal for 299€ and I posted 10% coupon here dropping it to 269€.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287404&page=110

It's not an affliate coupon or anything like that so feel free to use it, works with all items I think but Switch happens to be a great deal right now.

mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That is tempting

PantsuJo

I just finished Way of the Samurai 4 with the normal ending,
the boiled Samurai

WTF.

Fucking weird game, more than the previous one. In fact, I liked the 3rd better.

BasilZero

All I had to do was cap fps @30 and maybe set compatibility to win98 or something, no issues after that.

Well I was playing it on my gaming laptop which is Windows 8.1 instead of my desktop which has Windows 7. Not sure if that will make any difference.

My FPS is 30 and I already changed compatibility to Win 98/ME.

I can say for certain the gog version's cutscenes run without issue. Are you enjoying the game aside from the technical issues?

Might do a 2nd playthrough there in the future - already gotten bloodrayne 1 and 2 on GOG from a groupees bundle few years back. Ironically got both Bloodrayne 1 and 2 on Steam from a humble bundle if I remember right.

Technicial issues aside, the game is okay so far...though its a bit weird.

Its like a poor man's Devil May Cry 1 without any of the good aspects

Cant believe this game came out AFTER Devil May Cry lol.

I think its just me since I played Half-Life 1 (non-source edition) two years back but the animations and the visual design reminds me of Half-Life 1 lol.

Controls feel clunky and the combat I guess is okay.

I dont like the fact that the voiceovers get cut off at the end of a line though it seems to be a common issue which can be fixed but meh.

Its playable so far, I'll likely finish it either later today or tomorrow.

Playing it mainly cause I saw so much of the game (advertisements and such in magazines, trailers) - so was curious to try it out. Didnt expect this though lol.

Y'all, check out Unexplored!

Unexplored hype? I'm in!

My thoughts from the Unexplored OT:
First impressions? The soundtrack is awesome. Seriously good.

And I'm bad. I died to an earthen octorok; he shot a rock at me, I shielded it with my shovel (whoops forgot to equip my shield), was then knocked back and fell off a cliff to my death. (I had burned all of my potions up to that point on... er... burning emergencies, from all the fire traps I triggered.)
I have much to learn about rogue-ing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

So cute! -- MB-5382177AE3F1E205 - Taken by KainXVIII. 18 entrants total.

t1495303713z1.png

Hektor

Anyone here enjoy the Korra game? I know it got mixed reviews, but I really like the show.

It's okay. It reuses a lot of content in the few hours it takes and the combat unfortunately only opens up to the very end of it, so it feels like a slog in parts of your first playthrough but it can be pretty fun on the second.

There isn't all too much story tho

Also takes few euros off the Zelda and Pro Controller if one decides to go with those too. It's a great deal so just hoping someone makes use of it.

I think i'm gonna pass, given that only Zelda, Arms and M: Oddysey are games i really care about as of now, it's still somewhat hard to justify the price.

If i change my opinion and use the code i'lll let you know tho

€: The normal discount doesn't apply if the product is moved to the cart, so i suppose it's over now anyways

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

So cute! -- MB-5382177AE3F1E205 - Taken by KainXVIII. 18 entrants total.

t1495303713z1.png

v9rSQvH.gif

3G5Kk.gif

Arminsc

Well, my mouse broke. The right click is constantly pressed now.
Any mouse recomendations? With at least a couple of buttons on the side and ~50€ max.

I got the Steelseries Rival 100 a while back for around 35€ and its pretty confortable, I'm really happy with it so far. Has the 2 side buttons and an RGB light which you can customize.

Auraela

Banned
Pre ordered spirit of sanada been ages since ive played a warriors game n this seems to have the best weapon system etc for samurai warriors

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Worth it just for Fear, the other 2 can just collect dust and be more than worth it.

I enjoyed Fear 3 co-op. Dont get me wrong, its garbage, but co-op (the concept) is always fun so

def sim

I lost interest around Day 68 or so. The earlier parts were interesting, but it turned into a slog. Definitely way too long for what it is.

Anyone here enjoy the Korra game? I know it got mixed reviews, but I really like the show.
I enjoyed it. You just need to know what you're getting going into it, a pretty short action game with not a lot of enemy variety that's mostly designed with appeal to its license. It wouldn't hold its own outside of being a Korra title, but if you wanna rock bend some Equalists the game is good for that. It's not bad, but it's a barebones cheap little game.

Well I was playing it on my gaming laptop which is Windows 8.1 instead of my desktop which has Windows 7. Not sure if that will make any difference.

My FPS is 30 and I already changed compatibility to Win 98/ME.

Might do a 2nd playthrough there in the future - already gotten bloodrayne 1 and 2 on GOG from a groupees bundle few years back. Ironically got both Bloodrayne 1 and 2 on Steam from a humble bundle if I remember right.

Technicial issues aside, the game is okay so far...though its a bit weird.

Its like a poor man's Devil May Cry 1 without any of the good aspects

Cant believe this game came out AFTER Devil May Cry lol.

I think its just me since I played Half-Life 1 (non-source edition) two years back but the animations and the visual design reminds me of Half-Life 1 lol.

Controls feel clunky and the combat I guess is okay.

I dont like the fact that the voiceovers get cut off at the end of a line though it seems to be a common issue which can be fixed but meh.

Its playable so far, I'll likely finish it either later today or tomorrow.

Playing it mainly cause I saw so much of the game (advertisements and such in magazines, trailers) - so was curious to try it out. Didnt expect this though lol.

I played the GoG version last year, even without technical issues it's not a very good game.

LOL, Austin's epic 2.5+ hour run in Unexplored completely sold me a copy of the game.

2017's Spelunky, indeed.

So good.
A bit late to this, but saw the activity in the game's thread. Cool to see more people finally checking this out. It's so good. Fantastic dungeon generation + surprisingly tactical combat + systems upon systems that allow for some very satisfying emergent situations and solutions

Unicorn

A bit late to this, but saw the activity in the game's thread. Cool to see more people finally checking this out. It's so good. Fantastic dungeon generation + surprisingly tactical combat + systems upon systems that allow for some very satisfying emergent situations and solutions
Yes!

Also just attempted today's Daily dungeon with rogue class and fuck! So much lock picking and hectic dagger throwing. Seriously felt hand fucking crafted. Seriously blown away by what the Maths™ can make me feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom