• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here enjoy the Korra game? I know it got mixed reviews, but I really like the show.

It is one of those nickelodeon shovelware games you saw on the Wii, but with a respectable combat system. It's entirely about that combat too (with a decent periodic temple run minigame), so while a generally bare bones experience with about 4-5 enemy types, it's also decently fun. Counters are satisfying to pull-off and the air scooter/Iron Man traversal moves are cool.

The final boss is pretty legit, and while it's not saying much, playing with a maxed out Korra is the best "I'm the avatar" experience in video games right now.

Anteater

Anyone here enjoy the Korra game? I know it got mixed reviews, but I really like the show.

I enjoyed it, it has a pretty cool beat'em'up combat system based on bending arts with dodge offset, but the thing is that the game doesn't have a lot of enemy variety, you fight the same shit a lot and the last boss was like a toned down version of that dude from mgr (which i thought was pretty lame to begin with so it's worse here), it's okay, I'd recommend it if you could get it at below 5 bucks

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

If you can find it pretty cheap its alright. Extremely basic and hollow in terms of design but the gameplay is alright. The shoestring budget shows on the world and mechanics that are not as fleshed out as they could be but its combat is actually decent for what it is. Don't expect much enemy variety and impressive set pieces. It gives a PS2 budget title with the lack of variety and simplicity of its designs.

The Korra game is terrible. I still want my 3.75 back for it.

You need to approach Steam like this:

3N6fJFe.jpg

Unicorn

I just finished Way of the Samurai 4 with the normal ending,
the boiled Samurai

WTF.

Fucking weird game, more than the previous one. In fact, I liked the 3rd better.
2 and 3 are really good. I hope the next one takes itself just a little more seriously.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For Korra. Once you get all the powers and abilities, and then can really mess around with the options presented to you, then I believe it's a fun and credible game to get at a decent budget price. True Transformers or Bayonetta or Vanquish are all much better choices to get on Steam, but I personally don't regret getting it as I can still go back and enjoy it with all element powers and the options to see fire bending trap an enemy, launching them with water, following up with wind to throw them away, before leading to another combo in another group with earth and so forth.

Resident Evil 6's experience comes down for many to if you can actually enjoy the story mode in all it's disjointed, messed up, made for SYFY television, lack of tension, pure action presentation (except wacky super kids and Leon's thumbs up).. If you can get past that, the single player story experience can be enjoyed for some. I didn't personally, but others I know did often because they like it being over the top and silly.

Where it shines is obviously in it's combat, which many people missed out on for all that it could do because the game doesn't explain 85% of what you are capable of in it. Not even in a "hidden depth" style or it's mastering it leads to stinging together moves, but just straight out never tells you. Which leads people into playing it like RE5, which it different from in multiple subtle ways, and can seem a bit dry or clunky while attempting that. Bit like trying to play Vanquish just as you would Gears of War, a person will miss out what makes combat so much fun.

Mercenaries and multiplayer are the true gems of RE6 though. Onslaught in particular being my favourite, where in a Puyo Puyo or Tetris like situation, the better you do clearing out enemies in combos, the more enemies you send your opponent's way and vice versa.

Ladekabel

This Trenchcoat I saw in a Battlegrounds video looks cool. I wonder how much it would cost in the Marketplace. *checks Steam Marketplace for the Trenchcoat in Battlegrounds* Oh...

Recent patch made MSAA setting actually do something, so to be on the safe side, see if you haven't it set to 8x or 16x.

thereitis.jpg

I guess i thought it'd be fine though because apparently with it on, vram is about a gig according to that bar in the settings

~Kinggi~

Banned
Steam seems broken for me. Im in the steam client and pressing the 'purchase for myself' button is doing nothing. Tried restarting and nothing works.

Nezzhil

I bought a bundle only for The Marvellous Miss Take, so I think someone could be more interested than me in the other games of the bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-0EB02DD7FFAF260C - Taken by Ladekabel. 3 entrants total.
Poncho -- MB-12057274AC2D4789 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 17 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-82D0300A4C54D336 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1495313265z1.png

Yakkue

It's not good, and yes, it is WAY too long.

This is the Police is a game that, on paper sounds great. But the longer you play it, the more the blemishes show. The sim elements are basic and a lot simpler than the game wants to let on. The game pretends that each cop has their own personalities and inner lives but it's almost entirely random. The choices don't really matter. Half of the things you can unlock are useless.

I really liked my first handful of hours with it, but I really soured on it by the end.

I lost interest around Day 68 or so. The earlier parts were interesting, but it turned into a slog. Definitely way too long for what it is.

Finished it because i wanted to see the ending...that really wasn't worth it.

For Korra. Once you get all the powers and abilities, and then can really mess around with the options presented to you, then I believe it's a fun and credible game to get at a decent budget price. True Transformers or Bayonetta or Vanquish are all much better choices to get on Steam, but I personally don't regret getting it as I can still go back and enjoy it with all element powers and the options to see fire bending trap an enemy, launching them with water, following up with wind to throw them away, before leading to another combo in another group with earth and so forth.

Resident Evil 6's experience comes down for many to if you can actually enjoy the story mode in all it's disjointed, messed up, made for SYFY television, lack of tension, pure action presentation (except wacky super kids and Leon's thumbs up).. If you can get past that, the single player story experience can be enjoyed for some. I didn't personally, but others I know did often because they like it being over the top and silly.

Where it shines is obviously in it's combat, which many people missed out on for all that it could do because the game doesn't explain 85% of what you are capable of in it. Not even in a "hidden depth" style or it's mastering it leads to stinging together moves, but just straight out never tells you. Which leads people into playing it like RE5, which it different from in multiple subtle ways, and can seem a bit dry or clunky while attempting that. Bit like trying to play Vanquish just as you would Gears of War, a person will miss out what makes combat so much fun.

Mercenaries and multiplayer are the true gems of RE6 though. Onslaught in particular being my favourite, where in a Puyo Puyo or Tetris like situation, the better you do clearing out enemies in combos, the more enemies you send your opponent's way and vice versa.

Yup.

WhiteWolf

Thanks for all the responses, I'll see if Korra is still on sale at Humble Bundle for about $6-$7 and check it out. It'll be a good game to play in between Darkest Dungeon runs.

Is there a mod called Kerbal Space Station by a team from Mexico? I didn't find any. Asking because a former Valve dev said in an interview how Valve wanted to hire the whole team behind that but not the IP, and if there is I don't want to wrongly make a thread how Valve wanted to hire the Kerbal Space Program devs Squad.

It's at 20:00

He calls it KSS and a mod, but it should be them.

Wok

How did I miss this article about game collectors?

Also, who could have imagined an Humble Origin Bundle would have shown the right path to a pirate, who is now a game colector?

Freezard

Is there any way to see wishlisted games on Humble Store? I mean since you can have your Steam account connected there (I think).

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot you can hover over your wishlisted games with Enhanced Steam and it will tell you the cheapest price.

Nabs

Is there a mod called Kerbal Space Station by a team from Mexico? I didn't find any. Asking because a former Valve dev said in an interview how Valve wanted to hire the whole team behind that but not the IP, and if there is I don't want to wrongly make a thread how Valve wanted to hire the Kerbal Space Program devs Squad.

It's at 20:00

He calls it KSS and a mod, but it should be them.

A bunch of devs got fucked by whoever was running the company. I hope this is true.

Hektor

How did I miss this article about game collectors?

Also, who could have imagined an Humble Origin Bundle would have shown the right path to a pirate, who is now a game colector?

I have the feeling that quote is a lie, because a pirate should know that pieces of pc gaming history aren't actually at the risk of disappearing, thanks due to... piracy

FoneBone

It's probably worth the sale price if you're a fan of Platinum or the show. I was enjoying it until I got stuck midway through on a boss fight with a massive difficulty spike (and irritatingly, you can't lower the difficulty level without losing your progress).

Endruen

I have the Logitech G402 myself. It's slightly meretricious in the typical "GAMER STUFF!" way, but functionally fine.
I got the Steelseries Rival 100 a while back for around 35€ and its pretty confortable, I'm really happy with it so far. Has the 2 side buttons and an RGB light which you can customize.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll take them into account.
Is the price difference for the Razer's mice justified in terms of quality? Or I'd only be paying for the brand?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played a bit of Skylar & Plux, aka not-Ratchet and Clank. Its actually more akin to a Wildstar, both in look and feel. Its certainly budget, but its neat enough, probably a good bundle game.

And then I died and lost all my collectibles in the checkpoint and I turned it off >_>

Grief.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom