• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

I've actually never even finished a JRPG since Chrono Trigger, not for lack of trying though.
Well I usually can't finish JRPGs but I love Trails

I think the only Square one I beat was Final Fantasy IV on the DS

^The only WRPG I played is Skyrim tbh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nezzhil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-0EB02DD7FFAF260C - Taken by Ladekabel. 3 entrants total.
Poncho -- MB-12057274AC2D4789 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 17 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-82D0300A4C54D336 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1495313265z1.png

Endruen

I've been looking around the Razer store and I'm between the DeathAdder Elite or the Naga Hex V2. They look pretty nice.

Nabs

Don't check their twitter feed. I warned you.

If you're on a Sega wave, maybe Alpha Protocol would be a good game to try. I'm going to install it right after Prey. Or after Vanquish.

Unicorn

Yo this Devolver Digital sale keeps throwing me off with the Kart Racing banner.

I keep getting reminded of Super Indie Karts, which is in my wishlist forever, and go to see if there's an update with some new IPs added, but nothing. Why aren't they teaming up? And why isn't Super Indie Karts on sale?

Also, Runbow Road is a genius implementation of crossover and reference to source material.

Ascheroth

Some game updates:

Finished it at 50 hours on the save file. Steam says a bit above 40 though, bless speedhacks <3

What can I say, the game was fucking amazing and served both as an epilogue to the events of SC and as setup for future games. As such the stories it tells are of much more personal nature, with Kevin and Ries' story as the main focus but also a ton of stories about your favorite sidecharacter.
The game also has 16 playable characters, all of which are familiar faces but not all of them were playable previously :) (or only for brief moments).
Best soundtrack from the trilogy as well. Cradle Where Feelings Rest is wrecking me every single time, then there's Overdosing Heavenly Bliss andCry for me, cry for you is an awesome Opening song. And the list goes on.

The game is an emotional rollercoaster. At times you can't just help but grin at the antics of those characters you've already spent 100+ hours with, at other times it punches you so hard in the gut that you crash through the wall outside into the rain so that you can pretend that those aren't your tears welling up in your eyes. Fuck.

It also features Trails in the Chest, an original side story from the localization team that is spread across chest phrases (for those who don't know, those are the phrases you get when trying to open an already open treasure chest, which was a generic "It's empty" in the japanese version, but the localization team managed to insert unique phrases for every single chest through some dark sorcery). There's another shorter side story there too and also lots of cool development/localization insights hidden there. Mostly it's just puns though <3.

Finished the game on normal. Although 'finished' is relative considering I don't even have all of the weapons, upgrades, accessoirs and most of my ranks are Stone, lol.
Combat is ridiculously deep, but also really difficult. And so satisfying if you manage to pull of some slick shit.
Story is whatever, I was getting annoyed at the constant cutscenes after a while. Minigames are mostly shit too.
I'll most likely get back to this sometime, but I don't currently have the patience or time to master a character action game.

From ze Humble:

Magic FPS roguelike. You shoot shit with magic and unlock new possible weapons and level up boni with each run.
The game is mostly about skill (and it's pretty difficult), with the roguelike unlocks being more of the variety variety.
Personally not that much of a fan of this approach since I don't really like FPS', but it's definitely fun for a round now and then.

This is really fun. Turnbased Stragety RPG with manual aiming where you control your Steambot crew and fight, get loot, get crew, upgrade, level, buy new guns and stuff, etc.
Soundtrack rules as well.
I kinda want to check out Steamworld Dig now.

----
And totally unrelated but for good measure: Go watch the Blame! movie on Netflix nao!

dex3108

Ah Wanderlust.

I recently reinstalled Witcher 2 to give it a fair shake after beating 3 and...I hate it. Controlling Geralt is such a pain.

It took me 37 hours to finish W1 and same for W2. I liked them both. There is movement mod for W2 you can try that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I actually hated Black Desert when I played it months ago.

Also, Crashlands is awesome.

This is really fun. Turnbased Stragety RPG with manual aiming where you control your Steambot crew and fight, get loot, get crew, upgrade, level, buy new guns and stuff, etc.
Soundtrack rules as well.
I kinda want to check out Steamworld Dig now.

If you enjoyed the game because of the gameplay then SteamWorld Dig does not follow that. It does, however, contain a lot of the same style and humour from Heist.
I loved Heist but personally Dig did little for me as it was the gameplay I liked more than the setting. The setting isn't bad by any means just wasn't what kept me playing Heist.

I uninstalled Syndicate. I was chapter 8 or 12 or something. Just soulless. Was never going to finish it.

EDIT - These missions in Shadowrun HK keep getting longer. Like uncomfortably long.

Wok

I don't know if you guys quote the pics of this twitter discussion for the discussion itself, or for the content of the avatar pictures. &#129299;

Ascheroth

If you enjoyed the game because of the gameplay then SteamWorld Dig does not follow that. It does, however, contain a lot of the same style and humour from Heist.
I loved Heist but personally Dig did little for me as it was the gameplay I liked more than the setting. The setting isn't bad by any means just wasn't what kept me playing Heist.
Oh, I'm aware. Mining/Platforming/Metroidvania sounds intersting though.

Sch1sm

I don't know if you guys quote the pics of this twitter discussion for the discussion itself, or for the content of the avatar pictures. &#129299;

They're not that perverted, I like to think.

---

Got through Mini Metro's new content.

Achievements didn't pop for 2 of them. The definition of feelsbadman.jpg right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
the surge looks kinda neat but i really dislike not being able to create my own character

also i didn't care for lords of the fallen at all so i'm looking at it with a lot of reservations

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bobnowhere, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-65D019147FAF9B36 - Taken by Orgen. 10 entrants total.
Divide By Sheep -- MB-C51044E78713DDB7 - Taken by rainking187. 11 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-7FE678B7F5EA11F7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 9 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-921F622797787E58 - Taken by NeoRaider. 39 entrants total.
Kromaia -- MB-5F03584B5BFE9DEF - Taken by Cels. 7 entrants total.
Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner -- MB-1552FAAF313F500D - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-9CCFB6EB6C6F5A2B - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 1 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-C605295F4DF8925C - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-77758C0695B2BEE9 - Taken by claytonlee101. 3 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-D12C45D705744D80 - Taken by purseowner. 2 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-9BDFC26100BB05F7 - Taken by White Wolf. 19 entrants total.
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-4BBB4E9F82FD255D - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
The Adventures Of Fatman -- MB-6DCB30B10151B7D6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-65ABA986FF3900C2 - Taken by Jalal. 13 entrants total.
The Land of Eyas -- MB-2A9292C2BCE9E136 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-9FD3AA6EE6EBF90D - Taken by Servizio. 10 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-46B9D35336E712FA - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Turbo Pug -- MB-B17437A6975A0B11 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
UnderRail -- MB-4BFF43F2AACC4E55 - Taken by Monooboe. 12 entrants total.
Vitatio 2 -- MB-B5F8406950BC72E3 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-1954D0347EFE666C - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.

t1495327625z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom