• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

That's about the only way really.

You get xp for games you buy, but once youre close to 1000 it drops to 1xp per game.

You can do the steam community badge if you haven't done it yet, for a one time 500

How you do that? I'm not sure if I did this.

Hektor

How you do that? I'm not sure if I did this.

Go to your steamcommunity profile, click on badges and have a look. There should be one with the word "Community" in its name, if you click on that it should show you a bunch of tasks to fullfill, like uploading screenshots, writing reviews etc.

Kssio_Aug

Go to your steamcommunity profile, click on badges and have a look. There should be one with the word "Community" in its name, if you click on that it should show you a bunch of tasks to fullfill, like uploading screenshots, writing reviews etc.

Yup, I haven't completed it yet. Will try to make it! Thanks! =)

I highly doubt any mmorpg would ever allow you to max a newly released class on day 1. WoW lets you pay extra to bump up heroes to a certain level (other than the freebie you get when buying the expansion).

And in non-steam news....the new twin peaks is weirdly awesome.

Hells yeah it is! I haven't watched episodes 3 & 4 yet, but I loved 1 & 2

gabbo

lEwACD5.png

If i knew how to gift games anymore I'd probably modbot one away again this year.
Have a good holiday monday, GAF

Fromsoft game set in the Blame! universe. Featuring the most vertical of vertical level designs.

That'd be a boring game with only one enemy type.

I watched the movie this weekend and I thought it was pretty good. It somehow reminded me of Axiom Verge and Underrail with their huge, oppressive and mechanical/subterranean (with multiple layers) worlds.

Ascheroth

Personally it will probably be my 'play some bundle games and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles'-week.
That'd be a boring game with only one enemy type.

I watched the movie this weekend and I thought it was pretty good. It somehow reminded me of Axiom Verge and Underrail with their huge, oppressive and mechanical/subterranean (with multiple layers) worlds.
Yeah, that also disappointed me in the movie. The manga however has tons of weird-ass awesome things.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought my fps was acting up in Deadly Tower of Monsters but then the commentator says the dinosaurs are stop motion...

...ok Deadly Tower of Monsters, you seem alright :3

Ascheroth

Thanks, I just need 2 now. One of them is to upload a video.

By the way... I have a GTX 570 so I can't record videos with those Nvidia or Xbox tools. Saw on Twitch they recommend OBS-Studio to make streams, and if I'm not mistaken Twitch allows us to download our stremead content later. I was wondering, is this OBS Studio the best tool to do that?
You can record a video with OBS without streaming it on Twitch.
It works pretty well.

Tizoc

I thought my fps was acting up in Deadly Tower of Monsters but then the commentator says the dinosaurs are stop motion...

...ok Deadly Tower of Monsters, you seem alright :3

The commentary gets in the way of the gameplay buuuut you kinda get used to it. I quite enjoyed the commentary from the director.

gabbo

Personally it will probably be my 'play some bundle games and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles'-week.

Yeah, that also disappointed me in the movie. The manga however has tons of weird-ass awesome things.

Whatever that Manga is, looks amazing. I assume it's something called 'Blame' based on the post you replied to

Ascheroth

Whatever that Manga is, looks amazing. I assume it's something called 'Blame' based on the post you replied to

Yeah, it's called Blame! (with the exclamation mark :p) and is long completed (and very recommended).
There's a movie on Netlfix that came out on the weekend, which is also a pretty good watch. Totally nails the atmosphere and world, but is a bit too long-winded in the middle stretch. (I've posted a couple screenshots in here ;) ).

Platy

lEwACD5.png

If i knew how to gift games anymore I'd probably modbot one away again this year.
Have a good holiday monday, GAF

Me too !

I probably have some game to gift but today I will be out the entire day so I will give something tomorrow =3

Sarcasm

Thanks, I just need 2 now. One of them is to upload a video.

By the way... I have a GTX 570 so I can't record videos with those Nvidia or Xbox tools. Saw on Twitch they recommend OBS-Studio to make streams, and if I'm not mistaken Twitch allows us to download our stremead content later. I was wondering, is this OBS Studio the best tool to do that?

You can record with OBS. No need to stream.

Scroll down to open broadcast software

https://www.howtogeek.com/183231/how-to-record-your-desktop-and-create-a-screencast-on-windows/

Tizoc

Yeah, it's called Blame! (with the exclamation mark :p) and is long completed (and very recommended).
There's a movie on Netlfix that came out on the weekend, which is also a pretty good watch. Totally nails the atmosphere and world, but is a bit too long-winded in the middle stretch. (I've posted a couple screenshots in here ;) ).

Wasn't blame in a recent book bundle?

UltraJay

Could be. Humble definitely had a Nihei bundle but I don't remember what was in it.
There are also new physical omnibus volumes that released recently.

5BOycdA.png

+ the rest of Sidonia and Noise. Pretty good bundle. Also that is all of Blame as I believe that is a recollected (remastered?) edition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Impact Winter is the new games from the Flame in the flood guys right?

Injustice 2 is too much fun. Lots of varied single player content in a fighting game? What a novel concept. Supergirl is bae.

Hope it comes to PC sooner rather than later, I'll set up a SteamGAF guild for it.

Kind of want to make a Superman/Batman GIF of the clash quote but:
"I'm sorry, Steam."
"I'm not dead yet!"

The long wait goes on. I ended up watching the story on YouTube. SAD!

Rocket League sponsoring WWE PPVs is so bizarre. And them saying "available now for PS4, XBOX One and Steam" is even weirder.

I dont know why its weird btw, it just is.

I would be down for a WWE World Championship flag and such.

Final Fantasy 14 a few months ago also (for nxt Takeover / Wrestlemania?)

They did. I found it really funny, it was like "You're already spending your Sunday watching this, you have nothing better to do!"

The New Day cosplayed as Red Mages as well.

yuraya

That thread about Valve wanting to hire Kerbal devs pretty much gives away whatever that new VR game they are working on now.

Its gonna be a physics simulator of some kind and you'll be launching shit into outer space.

RIP Half-Life 3 simulator.

Arulan

That thread about Valve wanting to hire Kerbal devs pretty much gives away whatever that new VR game they are working on now.

Its gonna be a physics simulator of some kind and you'll be launching shit into outer space.

1581542444_185e90c7fb.jpg

Ganyc

Kind of want to make a Superman/Batman GIF of the clash quote but:
"I'm sorry, Steam."
"I'm not dead yet!"

The long wait goes on. I ended up watching the story on YouTube. SAD!

the marketing team from wb should create a steam user with the name "Martha", show a superman/batman clash trailer with a "wants to play" message from this steam user and blend out with "now on steam"

Nabs

Speaking of "What are the devs of good games up to next," does anyone know what the developers of The Swapper are up to?

They barely ever post on twitter anymore. I hope the Swapper did okay for them.

I did find this from a while back:

3goOKPo.png

I do hope he's joking, his level design was amazing.

Steam down for anyone else, or is it just me?
My client gets stuck at the Connecting Steam account page...
Same here, came back home and can't log in through client. Tried several solutions, like adding -tcp params to steam shortcut, reseting router, deleting userdata folder, but still nothing, it's just stuck. Funny thing that when i log in into offline mode i still can see how new notifications appearing but i still can't use any online features. Don't know what to do

Anno

Those Far Cry 5 teasers have an interesting tone to them. I might actually be interested in a FC game for the first time since 2.

jediyoshi

They've said multiple times now they're working on 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom