• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cels

Soon...

Meanwhile, people are reluctant to envision the game getting a good score.

twSRH9i.png

i'd like to see the game do well, there were a lot of nasty rumors about the game's development, plus what we know for sure is that sony decided not to continue working with TW so there is probably something to those rumors.

Mivey

That thread about Valve wanting to hire Kerbal devs pretty much gives away whatever that new VR game they are working on now.

Its gonna be a physics simulator of some kind and you'll be launching shit into outer space.

RIP Half-Life 3 simulator.
A physically correct hat-making game, where at the end your hats will be sold on the TF2 market with a huge cut for Valve.
Still waiting for dinosaurs ubisoft
The Earth left them behind billions of years ago. You should just move on.

Pixieking

Banned
They barely ever post on twitter anymore. I hope the Swapper did okay for them.

I did find this from a while back:

3goOKPo.png

I do hope he's joking, his level design was amazing.

Damn, it'd suck for us if it's a one-and-done developer, because such a good game. But, to be fair, if you don't enjoy the work, then you can always do something else to pay the bills.

The Swapper soundtrack is followed by The Talos Principle soundtrack on my playlist, and it's amazing how smoothly the music bleeds from one into the other, and how similar the games are.

yuraya

They've said multiple times now they're working on 3 games.

But how many of them will actually get a store page and a release date? I would say 1 at best. At least from now until like 2030. They work at such a snail pace the others will get scrapped in not time.

Knurek

Same here, came back home and can't log in through client. Tried several solutions, like adding -tcp params to steam shortcut, reseting router, deleting userdata folder, but still nothing, it's just stuck. Funny thing that when i log in into offline mode i still can see how new notifications appearing but i still can't use any online features. Don't know what to do

Seems to be exclusive to Poland.

Can confirm the solution posted there worked for me.
Also changing the download region from Poland to anything close seems to help as well, without the need for -tcp parameter.

Seems to be exclusive to Poland.

Can confirm the solution posted there worked for me.
I'm from Belarus, so close enough. Maybe something happened to steam eastern europe server?
Also changing the download region from Poland to anything close seems to help as well, without the need for -tcp parameter.
Oh, right, my download region was Poland too, changed it and Steam finally worked, thanks!

Lain

Spent more time with Dead Cells and I maintain that the game is pretty great, although for one reason or another, despite the Steam counter saying the game kept 60fps all the way through my session, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case because it wasn't fluid at all.

Hektor

Those Far Cry 5 teasers have an interesting tone to them. I might actually be interested in a FC game for the first time since 2.

I'm honestly very disappointed that the game takes place in central america.

Spent more time with Dead Cells and I maintain that the game is pretty great, although for one reason or another, despite the Steam counter saying the game kept 60fps all the way through my session, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case because it wasn't fluid at all.

I really want to like DeadCells because the game just 'feels' awesome, but it ends up being repetitive in a way most other roguelikes don't, because most of the weapons play the exact same way, with the difference only being in the stats and special effects they offer. Hope they change that during EA

http://store.steampowered.com/app/525700/Birthdays_the_Beginning/

I've been playing Birthdays the Beginning lately, and while the port is very bare bare bones with just a few options regarding configs, no way to remap the keyboard bindings and the bonkers controls, I'm having fun with the game. For those who have no idea about it, the game is kind of a god game, where you shape the Cube to meet the needed conditions to birth life. Playing through the "story" mode you are tasked with meeting certain conditions to birth the needed species to advance to the next chapter, once a new species is born you can capture it, where it's information will be added to your compendium. There is free mode but I still haven't tried it.

In the current state of the game I could recommend it only if you want to play it right now, or has tolerance to the problems I mentioned, if not wait for a discount.

lEwACD5.png

If i knew how to gift games anymore I'd probably modbot one away again this year.
Have a good holiday monday, GAF

Me too !

I probably have some game to gift but today I will be out the entire day so I will give something tomorrow =3

Happy birthday!

Anno

WTB: AssCreed Origins teasers.

I've never played an AC game before and I'm interested in Origins as well. Just to see what Ubi's new vision of open world storytelling is in practice. I'm assuming this will be the big thing for the E3 presser though.

I'm honestly very disappointed that the game takes place in central america.

It's the perfect setting if the leaks regarding the story are correct. As someone who largely grew up in the middle of nowhere America I can easily get down with investigating some extremist Christian cult because I'm pretty sure there was one down the road lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never played an AC game before and I'm interested in Origins as well. Just to see what Ubi's new vision of open world storytelling is in practice. I'm assuming this will be the big thing for the E3 presser though.

Yeah, I'm expecting a full-length trailer and possibly a live demo at E3. I'm just impatient and want something to nibble on before then. ;)

Pixieking

Banned
Speaking of The Swapper, it's 60% off until the 29th of May, as part of the Weeklong Deals.

Absolutely worth its full price, so obviously worth it at the deal price. Fantastic creepy/weird puzzle game, with a genuinely unique mechanic.

Speaking of The Swapper, it's 60% off until the 29th of May, as part of the Weeklong Deals.

Absolutely worth the its full price, so obviously worth it at the deal price. Fantastic creepy/weird puzzle game, with a genuinely unique mechanic.

It's probably my favorite game in the puzzle games with a cool story and nice graphics niche. I liked it more than Braid and I haven't played The Witness yet.

Happy bday, Luap and Platy!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Toy Odyssey, cool looking 2d action platformer, is 90% off, 1.49€ which might be cheap enough to land in the "thats so cheap I wont even wait for a bundle" territory for some.

That thread about Valve wanting to hire Kerbal devs pretty much gives away whatever that new VR game they are working on now.

Its gonna be a physics simulator of some kind and you'll be launching shit into outer space.

Naaa they probably just want to pay them to motor around on their desks with wheels and work for 5 years on stuff that will never see the light of day.

Tizoc

Toy Odyssey, cool looking 2d action platformer, is 90% off, 1.49€ which might be cheap enough to land in the "thats so cheap I wont even wait for a bundle" territory for some.

I could've sworn I had this game from a previous bundle. I might pick it up down the week.

Plesiades

Stars of Blood revival.

ezodagrom

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ezodagrom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insurgency -- MB-694F2CCB0D009EBE - Taken by lazerfox. 2 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-9EFCA19A6701CCD0 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Memoria -- MB-B9C98BECCFE430B4 - Taken by Aaron D.. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-BFABD8864CAE6102 - Taken by sadblob. 1 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-3102BC66F0E3BBC8 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
UnEpic -- MB-5D2460EDFF67CCB4 - Taken by TetraxShards. 4 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail -- MB-94DCAA36C6F4029D - Taken by Ludens. 1 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail - House of Horror -- MB-0A4F4FADA21528D4 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.

t1495474831z1.png
Got the indies bundle in bundlestars just for a couple games, so I may as well give away everything else.

quote to see a GOG code for The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

KEY HERE

key should work...I already had the game so didn't need it...expires May 29th

It baffles my mind that Sony doesn't port any of their Housemarque games on to the PC. They won't sell blockbusters however ppl will buy it. Oh well.

Aaron D.

Farcry 2, the worst Farcry. Yeah, lets go do endless respawning enemies and malaria again.

I've listened to offhand FC franchise analysis on various gaming podcasts, and what's striking is that most seem to agree that FC2 and FC3 & 4 are completely different gaming experiences. The former focused on hardcore emergent sandbox gameplay, kind of like the Stalker series. The latter focusing more on guided storytelling in a crafting/collectathon landscape.

What's funny is that I totally agree. They're VERY different experiences in spite of sharing many sandbox-genre conventions. I personally think they both excel at their personal strengths, but I can easily see how FC2 vs. FC3 / FC4 have distinct audiences.

Goes a long way in explaining why I beat FC2 multiple times but have yet to even get past the first few hours into FC3/FC4 after multiple attempts.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Witcher 2 -- MB-979250E6E5C911B6 - Taken by Ventilaator

GOG code ^

So. I thought the Attack on Titan port was "okay". Played it yesterday and the first 3 missions were great 60fps.

Then the 4th mission with Mikasa started and a lot of Titans and NPCs entered the field. It ran at 10-20fps and was almost unplayable.
980TI, 7600k here...

Ladekabel

Since tax refunds are a thing I think about treating me with a Macbook Pro. Is there an easy way to check what games I own support Mac OS? What are some good recommendations also? Thought about the Beamdog remasters or some other RPGs. Sadly, TitS doesn't support Mac OS.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I mean the rarity.

Human effigy seems rare from what I've seen so far. At least they're certainly not as common as the Lifegems.

I'm not planning to play the game online though. I dislike the idea of having my good run ruined by some invaders.
do play it online, you miss out on some fun stuff if u don't

invading doesn't happen often enough to be frustrating

What's funny is that I totally agree. They're VERY different experiences in spite of sharing many sandbox-genre conventions. I personally think they both excel at their personal strengths, but I can easily see how FC2 vs. FC3 / FC4 have distinct audiences.

For me, I was a huge Farcry fan. Beat it multiple times. It was great. When 2 came out, I found it profoundly disappointing. The graphics were improved but the map wasn't better. I was constantly struggling with game mechanics that added nothing to the game. One of the few times i didn't finish a game and actively hated it. Crysis was also disappointing but for different reasons and probably not as much.Been having trouble getting into farcry 3 as well but I like it.

Endruen

Yeah, I mean the rarity.

Human effigy seems rare from what I've seen so far. At least they're certainly not as common as the Lifegems.

I'm not planning to play the game online though. I dislike the idea of having my good run ruined by some invaders.

I've been playing online all the time and I've been invaded by players maybe once or twice, and I'm clocking 35 hours. And if you are like me, you'll end up with 20 unused effigies at the last zone of the game.

FLD

So. I thought the Attack on Titan port was "okay". Played it yesterday and the first 3 missions were great 60fps.

Then the 4th mission with Mikasa started and a lot of Titans and NPCs entered the field. It ran at 10-20fps and was almost unplayable.
980TI, 7600k here...

There might be something else going on here because I don't think it ever got that bad for me on my 960 and 4690k. I don't remember having any performance issues. I played it at launch, though, so it's possible an update fucked it up since. But this being K-T, I'm assuming it never got any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom