• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Well, I don't consider MGSV and Mass Effect tps at all, and I was talking about Vanquish PS3, when it was given with Plus. On PC is a new thing and there's a lack of tps at the moment, but in example on console there were Uncharted titles, Gears of War games on One etc, I honestly prefer a GOW to Vanquish, or an Uncharted. They are less deep and fast, but at least there's a story, cinematics with a proper plot etc.

No offense bro
But I don't think UC nor Gears play like how Vanquish approach TP Shooters.

Maybe it's the minority opinion but I couldn't care less if a game has a story in it at all. I'm always gameplay first unless the plot is extremely good. Really excited to try out Vanquish because I didn't play it when it originally came out. UC has a great story but it plays like ass. I loved UC4 but not for it's gameplay.

Aaron D.

Any hype in here for Emily is Away Too tomorrow?

I quite enjoyed the original, so I've got my eye on Too.

My only trepidation is that I felt like the first game was a complete package that told its story and ended in a satisfactory manner.

It leaves me wondering why there was a second chapter even made. I worry that it will be like taking a second bite off the same apple.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.

JakeD

Maybe it's the minority opinion but I couldn't care less if a game has a story in it at all. I'm always gameplay first unless the plot is extremely good.

same. especially in action games. the surge had about 3 minutes of intro/story and even with that i was saying "uggh, cmon!"

Durante

Black Desert is the first game I've ever encountered which requires UAC to be on to run.

Anyway, it's interesting to play an MMO with this level of graphical fidelity. I might try to get some friends to play it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good Rime reviews, went to check the store... its not 20 like I thought it was :/

Hopefully there will be a lenght consensus before the pre order discount is up.

edit: apparently its around 6-8 horus or so. Welp thats a wit for Humble for me then.

Phinor

Good Rime reviews, went to check the store... its not 20 like I thought it was :/

Hopefully there will be a lenght consensus before the pre order discount is up.

Still hoping to hear more about PC performance. A single report of GTX 1070 struggling at 1080p is not a promising start.

When playing Vanquish at 60fps/1440p...
1495728251-homer12.png

Black Desert Online has me curious, though I'm not really sure if my machine would run it well enough. I have an Alienware R1 (i7, 8 GB RAM). I imagine it could at least run on low settings?

Tomasety

Oh ... that's certainly disappointing. I really can't stand open world PvP anymore. I mean I exclusively played on PvP enabled servers in WoW but prior to battlegrounds the occasional zerg at the Hillsbrad Foothils was all the game had to offer in terms of PvP and I'm glad I didn't miss out on that. After battlegrounds however that feature was almost exclusively utilized by people actively trying to be assholes and I assume that this is still true today.

Yep, I agree with you. I also played on WoW PVP servers and I can't stand open pvp anymore.

I got a confirmation that the PVP quest is unavoidable on Black Desert which you can take it at level 45.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
might buy Black Desert cheapo pack (5.99 or something?) just to own it on steam for when I get in one of my "I could play a mmo for the next 20 or 30 hours right now" moods. I didnt particulrly care for it when I tried the beta or 7 day trial or whatever it was months ago.

Ludens

Banned
Fallout 4 free download doesn't work for me, it just reloads the steam page.

I tried to execute steam://run/377160 with no luck too, same result.

Sarcasm

Black Desert is the first game I've ever encountered which requires UAC to be on to run.

Anyway, it's interesting to play an MMO with this level of graphical fidelity. I might try to get some friends to play it.

So turns out I didn't need to turn mine on....it launches fine with UAC off.

Finished the first campaign (elf). Fun stuff! The Treant units are crazy good; my main strategy was basically to form a wall or two in front of a Treant and set up its attack ASAP. It never failed me. The Deer units were my other favorites, since they jump over walls and hit hard. A single undefended Treant + Deer attack outright won me a couple battles.

Now I'm on the human campaign. This game has excellent pacing. The first campaign was just long enough to let you totally figure things out, and then you get to play as someone else. It keeps the game feeling fresh.

Tonton

Do square enix games usually go on sale? Been wanting to pick Nier Automata and wondering if I should wait a bit.
They do, although Final Fantasy games never get better than 50% off
I think Nier got 20 or 30% recently on PSN so we should probably expect that on Summer Sale in about a month

Their non-FF games tend to get deep discounts pretty quickly
Pretty curious if Nier will follow the Eidos games or Final Fantasy with discounts
Do we have any non Final Fantasy Japanese game from them to compare with Nier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom