• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkham Knight is great now, do it.

The worst thing about it is how many damn Steam achievements it has. I'm at 81/113 and I felt like I did everything aside from the riddles (too many)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rime was excellent. Went in with moderate expectations and it totally blew them away. I'm glad it's multi-plat like Edith Finch. The more people playing games like these, the better.

Arkham Knight is great now, do it.

The worst thing about it is how many damn Steam achievements it has. I'm at 81/113 and I felt like I did everything aside from the riddles (too many)

I was getting close (101) and they added a couple more for the last free dlc with challenge room related stuff. I do plan to go back eventually.

Nzyme32

Some Steam related news:

Neill Blomkamps new "Oats Studio" is doing experimental films with the hope of developing them over time into full films - Steam is a part of that process and will get all kinds of concept art, discussion, ideas and assets. Almost an early access but for movies in a weird way

- The Original (mini) Teaser for those that missed it

- The Actual Trailer just released

I also got some little known news on this via some folks:

Lorne Balfe will be doing the score for this one that is being teased, and it is one of the ones that will be a bit more fully featured on Steam (not clear on how many experiments are currently in the works)

VKB3YhY.jpg

Kyougar

Some Steam related news:

Neill Blomkamps new "Oats Studio" is doing experimental films with the hope of developing them over time into full films - Steam is a part of that process and will get all kinds of concept art, discussion, ideas and assets. Almost an early access but for movies in a weird way

- The Original (mini) Teaser for those that missed it

- The Actual Trailer just released

I also got some little known news on this via some folks:

Lorne Balfe will be doing the score for this one that is being teased, and it is one of the ones that will be a bit more fully featured on Steam (not clear on how many experiments are currently in the works)

VKB3YhY.jpg

so, where those different films in progress in the trailer or was this all about those lizard aliens? Because the trailer said something about several concepts.

Some Steam related news:

The colour of infinity inside an empty glass
I'm squinting my eye and turning off and on and on and off the light

Anyway, venturing into film is going to renew the calls that Steam doesn't make games anymore. So that'll be quite lively.

Nzyme32

so, where those different films in progress in the trailer or was this all about those lizard aliens? Because the trailer said something about several concepts.

It's all the same thing / concept. Though this is the first volume of that. Ultimately where this heads is still to be determined

Plesiades

Some Steam related news:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some ideas from his Aliens pitch in there.

Edit: Also, they have a huge Steam banner in their studio(?)

My thoughts on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward's twist:

It begins like this:

"Listen:
Sigma and Phi have become unstuck in time."

It ends like this:

"Poo-tee-weet?"

I noticed my backlog contained a hidden object game I hadn't played yet. So I installed it, then discovered it was made by the same people who made Black Swan.

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping for a game-breaking bug or not.

Momentary

Banned
Tekken cards look pretty darn good (art by jbstyle). Hopefully the backgrounds aren't generic 3D models.

GXC7R6a.jpg

Edit: Kazuya looks like Demitri.

Kssio_Aug

With Sega releasing Bayonetta and Vanquish to PC, what is the chance of Bayonetta 2 happen one day? Does Nintendo holds an exclusivity deal for it?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I checked the wikipedia page and it seems the game was published by Nintendo.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ukdp8Ld.png

ok got all the good stuff from the main game but the final boss done. i guess i still have
izalith
but that area is bad anyways.

nameless king is a really fun fight still, terrible camera and everything, and the ancient wyvern is probably the only acceptable gimmick fight in the series lol. achdragon peak is kind of a bad level but it's not that bad, and i like how it looks completely unlike everything else in the game.

probably gonna try the dlc next. i only found the first dlc so i wonder if the second is like a direct sequel or something. i peeked into it a bit when i found it for the first time and got swarmed with dogs so figured it wasn't gonna be a fun time but maybe now it'll be easier since i'm packing like really heavy armor

i kinda want to spec into pyromancy or something soon, i never use magic in these games and i feel like magic might be fun in this game since there's like a magic bar and everything?

idk if i'll respec for ng+ or just start a new playthrough. i heard the ng+ content in dks3 is kind of lacking compared to 2?

With Sega releasing Bayonetta and Vanquish to PC, what is the chance of Bayonetta 2 happen one day? Does Nintendo holds an exclusivity deal for it?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I checked the wikipedia page and it seems the game was published by Nintendo.
i think it's unlikely but weird things happen sometimes

bayonetta being on pc was crazy in the first place and somehow it's happened, so who knows

considering how quickly the wii u emulation is going, i think one way or another we're gonna be able to play it on pc

The ladies will be in the backgrounds. And ladies in backgrounds sell for like $12 sometimes. But you gotta get lucky on the uncommon and rare ones.

It's crazy how with Nier, the B2 common profile is the most pricey one. Still going for 2 bucks on the market.

Looks like another little gem has left EA so I can finally recommend it:

This is a neat classic styled blobber RPG, like Ultima or Might and Magic, but in a sci-fi setting instead of a fantasy one. Definitely worth your attention.
Man, makes me feel young when I have to look up wtf a "blobber RPG" is (Case in point, I never heard of a "trash mob" till this month)

"Blobber" is one of the most ridiculous game terminology I ever seen

Tomasety

I guess I could use some recommendations.

I've been doing some backlog clearing and started playing Valhalla Hills. The game itself felt like a let down possibly because the whole economic and supply chain simulation is a mess. It has some neat systems but none of them feels cohesive and completely implemented, it feels like an ensemble of half-baked ideas. However it's clear what the developers were trying to do, emulate The Settlers, or at least that's what I kept thinking about while playing that game.
So, is the any Settlers clones worth playing (besides Anno 1404 and, to some extent, Stronghold) or am I doomed to keep replaying The Settlers II till the end of time?

Check Northgard
Not a clone but it's the most similar game I can think of

Arulan

Man, makes me feel young when I have to look up wtf a "blobber RPG" is (Case in point, I never heard of a "trash mob" till this month)

"Blobber" is one of the most ridiculous game terminology I ever seen

It's a fairly common term for dungeon-crawler RPGs of that style (first-person, party, etc.), but I suppose they're an uncommon sub-genre today outside of RPG enthusiasts.

I've put in ~30 hours so far and have enjoyed it.

It's a fairly common term form dungeon-crawler RPGs of that style (first-person, party, etc.), but I suppose they're a fairly uncommon sub-genre today outside of RPG enthusiasts.

I've put in ~30 hours so far and have enjoyed it.
I always just knew them as "classic RPGs". Blobber just sounds weird; I get the rationale, since I've played Grimrock, but still

How good/bad is the procedural generation?

Arulan

I always just knew them as "classic RPGs". Blobber just sounds weird; I get the rationale, since I've played Grimrock, but still

How good/bad is the procedural generation?

It's constructing side-missions by taking designed tiles and sections to create the procedural levels. There are different tile sets too. It's nothing spectacular, but it works fine enough. I've had some interesting "events" occur on some of these missions, which goes a long way to enrich them.

The main missions have been pretty good though, and those are all designed.

Uzzy

Wonder Woman is good, fam.

I was on the bus with my little niece on Saturday, and she was going nuts over every sign and poster she saw for the film. Was pretty sweet.

I'm frustrated that Injustice 2 isn't on PC atm, as that's a fantastic game. People complain about SFV lacking an arcade mode, but Injustice 2 is on a completely different level when it comes to a wealth of single player content. Then we've got Tekken and Rev 2 coming out soon, it's a really good time for fighting games.

Ludens

Banned
I'm frustrated that Injustice 2 isn't on PC atm, as that's a fantastic game. People complain about SFV lacking an arcade mode, but Injustice 2 is on a completely different level when it comes to a wealth of single player content. Then we've got Tekken and Rev 2 coming out soon, it's a really good time for fighting games.

I honestly hope we'll get it later when all dlcs released, like for the first title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom