• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I'll grab Lego City whenever CDKeys has a 10% code up. For now I'll see if it goes a little cheaper during Summer Sale.

Deques

Why would I want to get it for $10 along with 2 other LEGO games I don't want :S

Not sure if you are ironic
I don't know why you would want LEGO City Undercover along with two other LEGO games that you don't want for $10. Maybe you already got most of the LEGO games...

But you maybe would want three LEGO games for less than $12

Last day of May giveaway.
giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beholder -- MB-706AD74AFC47E402 - Taken by Jadax. 12 entrants total.
Crashlands -- MB-9A2B307800F44EC6 - Taken by Vlad. 14 entrants total.
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-C013F62CACAB26C2 - Taken by Madventure. 15 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-F03E669AC82C38A2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-1B3F205AEE8DF13A - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 2 entrants total.
Party Hard -- MB-EF79000CBF02DF46 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Small Radios Big Televisions -- MB-B9C2FE81849CF42E - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-6F8296BAF3BEEC95 - Taken by Danielsan. 1 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-59B2358D8F084DEA - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-9B724210CD4AF09C - Taken by Ventilaator. 6 entrants total.

t1496241474z1.png

Tizoc

Lock's Quest confirmed more 'real' game than Vanquish; not a day had apssed since release and already it's giving out cards.

Not sure if you are ironic
I don't know why you would want LEGO City Undercover along with two other LEGO games that you don't want for $10. Maybe you already got most of the LEGO games...

But you maybe would want three LEGO games for less than $12

Yeah I already own the LEGO games that I'd want (LEGO Mahvel and Lego Batman 2).

TheTrain

From the Activity Feed:

KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

Hello everyone,

We have very exciting news to share with the KSP community today: Take-Two Interactive has purchased Kerbal Space Program. The important thing to know is that this big news doesn't change much for the KSP community. Squad and the current development team is still here and we're hard at work on KSP and its future updates, but now we are fortunate enough to do so with the help of an experienced publisher like Take-Two, and we couldn't be more excited and happy to see where our conjoint collaboration will take KSP forward.

Right now, we're still focused on the Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion and we'll continue to keep you updated on our progress. And yes, we're keeping our promise of free DLC for everyone who purchased KSP through April 2013! We're continuing to work closely with Blitworks on the updated version of KSP for consoles, which will be available on the Xbox and PSN digital stores when it is complete. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns KSP on Xbox or PS4. We can't wait for you to play what we've been working on in the coming months!

This is a very exciting time for KSP and the Community, and we hope you're as thrilled as we are. The team at Take-Two are big fans of KSP, who have been persistently knocking on our door trying to work with us for a long time. They share your passion for the game and we're really eager to see what Squad and Take-Two can do together for Kerbal Space Program moving forward!

Happy launchings!

-The KSP Development Team

http://steamcommunity.com/games/220200/announcements/detail/1273803439105519131

This isn't Valve!
Kudos to them, keep up with the good work

fantomena

I don't know man, but Tizoc is doing like 25 game write-ups for the June thread.

I'm looking forward to Dirt and Micro Machines, myself.

Lucky you. There's nothing interesting for me in june or july. :( Mico Machines looks boring and my experience with Dirt 3 crushed my interest for another Dirt game, even Dirt Rally.

Ascheroth

I'm hoping the Summer Sale pushes some of my wish-listed games into buy-territory.
But June has the Secret World relaunch and if July has Cold Steel, then I'm going to be more than busy anyway.

Ascheroth

Same here but every year this seems to happen:

eSzgCph.gif

Wait, we are suppose to play what we buy?

So whats going on with the Secret World relaunch?
Lol yeah, I know that too well.

Last I heard was June 26th for the relaunch. The entire story is supposed to be available for free. Also reworked combat.
I know that weapon types have to be unlocked once with premium currency now (as in, you can select 2 at the start, the others you need to buy), except if you have a bought version of the game, then you get all weapons from the beginning. Apparently premium currency can also be acquired ingame and traded with players, but I'm not too sure in what way capacity and what the other buyable things will be.
Though I'm only in for the story anyway, so *shrug*.

PantsuJo

I've reduced my wishlist to 28 games only (mainly shmups, Fighters and visual novel) so I would be able to buy something discounted in the next Summer Sale.

Also, I've engaged battle with my backlog and it seems I'm winning (lol) because I already finished 70% circa of my (small) library (135 games).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beholder -- MB-706AD74AFC47E402 - Taken by Jadax. 12 entrants total.
Crashlands -- MB-9A2B307800F44EC6 - Taken by Vlad. 14 entrants total.
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-C013F62CACAB26C2 - Taken by Madventure. 15 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-F03E669AC82C38A2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-1B3F205AEE8DF13A - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 2 entrants total.
Party Hard -- MB-EF79000CBF02DF46 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Small Radios Big Televisions -- MB-B9C2FE81849CF42E - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-6F8296BAF3BEEC95 - Taken by Danielsan. 1 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-59B2358D8F084DEA - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-9B724210CD4AF09C - Taken by Ventilaator. 6 entrants total.

t1496241474z1.png

Same here but every year this seems to happen:

eSzgCph.gif

1st things 1st, thats a great gif, i love the detail with gabe's face for a split second

secondly, maybe i'm just the pinnacle of human evolution (scratch the maybe, i know i am), but i never understood the "buy errrthingg with steep sales" rhetoric. if i'm interested in a game but don't intend to start it within the next 48 hours, i just hold off.

it's really that simple guys, plz

4F252E21C8B3DDBA79E6AE82FB0BD6A697B1D0E8

This is from Ed's story mode in Street Fighter V, and the gorilla looks like he matches the big S2 silhouette, so I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of the new playable characters.

Ugh, super smarts gorillas are the most boring played out type of characters.

Jawmuncher

The all new characters Season Pass for SFV was a mistake. Dount anyone from it lives on. Even SF4 only really managed one big stand out (Juri) and a few smaller likes (Able and C. Viper)

Xeroblade

Cross Code just showed up on my feed and it's the first time I've run into it. It looks pretty good. Anyone have thoughts on this game?

If you are into the classic SNES era of jrpgs, pick it up. It plays like a faux mmo, you have a bunch of little quests to earn xp, money, and items. The battle system is great, it's basically secret of mana style gameplay but with more control and action. The sprite work is great too, for $14 I'd say pick it up.

Pachimari

Is there any software that can tell me what takes up all of this space on my SSD? I got a 250gb SSD with room for 232gb, and my Steam games take up 48.4gb, so all of the rest of my stuff takes up 183,6gb and I have no idea what it is. I need 60gb for that sweet Tekken 7 install tomorrow.

iosefe

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there any software that can tell me what takes up all of this space on my SSD? I got a 250gb SSD with room for 232gb, and my Steam games take up 48.4gb, so all of the rest of my stuff takes up 183,6gb and I have no idea what it is. I need 60gb for that sweet Tekken 7 install tomorrow.

I'm personally a fan of Space Sniffer which builds a treemap of your filesystem so it's easy to see what is taking up the most space.

EDIT: well...

tuxfool

Banned

I recommend WinDirStat it is completely free and generates a nice visualization:

q2pOPux.jpg

e: I guess it is called a TreeMap.

e2: newer and faster fork

https://github.com/ariccio/altWinDirStat/releases

If you are into the classic SNES era of jrpgs, pick it up. It plays like a faux mmo, you have a bunch of little quests to earn xp, money, and items. The battle system is great, it's basically secret of mana style gameplay but with more control and action. The sprite work is great too, for $14 I'd say pick it up.

That's what I wanted to hear without mentioning it.

I should have asked this originally. How long is this game?

MaxiLive

The problem with this one, at least when I used it a long time ago, is that the scan was super slow.

Probably because your hard drive is slow :p With an SSD it should be pretty quick.

If you never hibernate your machine you can easily save a couple of Gb as well running this command in an admin command window "powercfg -h off".

tuxfool

Banned
The problem with this one, at least when I used it a long time ago, is that the scan was super slow.

WizTree is the fastest, I think.

jVeHkQN.png

I posted a faster fork, in my original comment. It also doesn't have the TreeMap, which is invaluable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom