• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

Stunning

Wow she looks completely different there.

Mugen08

My first call to Modbot so I hope I did this correct, and that some of you delightful Steam-gaffers will enjoy these games! :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mugen08, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-C583685DA4D36390 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-AB5CF5105967B62F - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-19E3C03FD29A468E - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-6C456552B059B3A1 - Taken by Madventure. 1 entrants total.

t1496258058z1.png

Fuuuck. My phone died today and I was planning on buying Black Desert Online before the sale is over.

Steam won't allow me to do anything without Steam Guard until Steam Support is done reviewing my case. The sale is over in ~2 hours, I'm SOL right?

Get someone to gift it to you?

Sadly, no luck :(

Whyyyyyyyyyy Steam, why you doing this to me

It should be the same discount on the summer sale though, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yup still dont like Black Desert... welp thats 6€ wasted. Or I guess I could refund it I guess.

Sure is pretty tho.

Anno

Lol the Dota 2 team so embodies Valve's crazy nature. New update out of nowhere randomly bans nearly a quarter of the possible heroes from any given ranked all pick game. Just for "a few days".

Lain

This Early Access game looks interesting

Witch It is a multiplayer hide & seek game. Team up with your friends or other players to play hunters vs. witches. As a witch you mimic props and hide yourself to survive the round.
As a fearless farmer you go prop hunting to hunt down all the suspicious props for the sake of a peaceful town.
Be part of this mystical but also humorous world, where you'll find charming, peaceful towns of hardworking villagers, mysterious forests and magical witch houses.

yup still dont like Black Desert... welp thats 6€ wasted. Or I guess I could refund it I guess.

Sure is pretty tho.

Sucks to hear.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Phantom Dust, and so far my expectations were inverted. I was expecting a sort of decent story and meh gameplay, and instead got a meh story and pretty decent gameplay. Maybe the story'll get better but I doubt it so far

Ruruja

Sure is pretty tho.

At least you didn't pay 30 euros when it first came out, like I did.

Although to be fair I didn't mind the game, just felt no reason to keep playing it after a couple of weeks.

illusionary

If you are into the classic SNES era of jrpgs, pick it up. It plays like a faux mmo, you have a bunch of little quests to earn xp, money, and items. The battle system is great, it's basically secret of mana style gameplay but with more control and action. The sprite work is great too, for $14 I'd say pick it up.

What's the current development status of CrossCode? It's still in Early Access on Steam - how complete is the game as it currently exists? I've had it wishlisted for a little while now and recently had it brought back to mind by seeing a trailer (probably an old one) showing up on my YouTube subscription feed.

prudislav

What's the current development status of CrossCode? It's still in Early Access on Steam - how complete is the game as it currently exists? I've had it wishlisted for a little while now and recently had it brought back to mind by seeing a trailer (probably an old one) showing up on my YouTube subscription feed.

From yesterday's update on steam http://steamcommunity.com/games/368340/announcements/detail/1271551010185546031
When is CrossCode finally finished?
Back in 2016 we posted our release schedule[www.radicalfishgames.com] and at that time, we estimated the final release for June-September 2017. We're now very close at this date and unfortunately see that there is still too much left to do. Yes, most major locations and dungeons have been finished and you can already gather all 4 elements. The only major thing that is now missing is the story. And story is difficult. It's important to us that the plot will leave enough space for character development, will be able to surprise you and most important of all: will have a satisfying conclusion. All of this unfortunately takes time, more than we estimated.

The only way we could release on time would be by cutting content, making the game shorter than intended. This will of course leave the final product lacking and we really want to avoid this.

The good news is: financially we can afford to develop the game until it reaches the intended conclusion. That of course means we have to postpone the release. We fully understand that some of you might be angry about that. But we also believe that, in the end, nobody wins when we release an incomplete game on time. We owe it to you to give this game a satisfying conclusion and we believe this is what most of you want us to do as well.

With all that being said, we now target a release of CrossCode in Early 2018. Yes, this is big step, but this should give us enough time to finish the story and make sure it reaches a satisfying conclusion. It will hopefully be the last time we have to postpone the release to such an extend.

Since it will be another half a year, we plan to add a few more releases in-between with more content to play.​
New Release Schedule
CrossCode 0.9.5
Release Date: June 2017

This update will finally extend the story! By quite a bit as well. It will slightly expand locations around Maroon Valley, Rookie Harbor and Autumn's Fall, include several smaller boss battles and plenty of interesting plot developments. It may also be leaving you wanting more story, so be warned.
Includes:
More Story
More Quests​

CrossCode 0.9.7
Release Date: Autumn 2017
This release will add the new area Sapphire Ridge with new enemies and puzzles included. You may recognize the area from another part of the game you've already played.
We'll also finally work on all those backer perks we promised back during our Indiegogo campaign.
Includes:
New Area: Sapphire Ridge
More Quests
First Backer Food / NPCs / Quests / Enemies

CrossCode 0.9.9
Release Date: End of 2017
This release will implement the new level 3 combat arts so you can try those out and give us feedback for balancing!
You will also, for the first time, be able to enter Rhombus Square. You might only be able to enter certain parts of the city in the beginning, but we intend to expand the place over time, even beyond the 1.0 release.
Includes:
Level 3 Combat Arts
New City: Rhombus Square
More Quests
More Backer Food / NPCs / Quest / Enemies
CrossCode 1.0
Release Date: Early 2018
This will be the big release of the full version! It will include a (hopefully) satisfying conclusion to the story.
Includes:
Full Story
Complete Skill Tree
Indiegogo Backer Food / NPCs / Quest / Enemies (maybe not complete)
More Quests​
Note that versions 0.9.7 and 0.9.9 will have less content compared to previous releases. That's because a lot of content for the final version will be developed in parallel to those versions but only released with the full game.

Post Release Content

Of course we still plan to develop the game beyond it's final release adding more post-game content and remaining backer perks we didn't manage to implement on time.
This includes:
New Game+
All remaining Indiegogo Backer Content
A Battle Arena in Rhombus Square with a lot of different challenges
More Quests
And this is our new schedule! Again we're very sorry we have to postpone the release once again, but we really hope that all the wait will be worth it in the end!

Ruruja

30 games completed this year so far... I should be good to go wrt 52 games/year thread.
Unless both Dies Irae and Muv-Luv Alternative are 60+ hour affairs

Damn, you're relentless. :p

I actually managed to beat 52+ last year, although I wasn't doing the challenge it just kind of happened.

This year I'm on 2 so far, lol.

Apparently Toukiden 2 is going F2P?
Is this happening on steam too?

Isnt that just more like some sort of demo they call F2P?

Edit:

Seems the Single Player Story cant be fully experienced, but the Multiplayer stuff, if you wanna wait. Sounds like some Gacha kind of system:

To put it simply the F2P demo is like an massively expanded Demo

The Single Player content of the F2P version is exactly like the Toukiden 2 Carryover Demo ending after unlocking the Pool of Purity when you defeat Bruteclaw and unlocking the Unity Gauge and Total Destruction. So that means you won't be able to free roam past Peace (not counting the Warp glitch exploit but that could be patched) or experience the game's story

The full Multiplayer experience from the Portal Stone is available to play in this version, all 12 Phases and the Ruins. (You'll still need to complete the Red missions to unlock the later Phases and Ruin modes of course)
However Playing anything past the demo point costs Stamina. A New Heart icon in the village will indicate how much Stamina you have (and so other players, including those with the full version, can tell)
Phase 2 and beyond missions costs 1 Stamina and Ruin Runs cost 3.
You can recover Stamina by waiting or Microtransactions

I did the 52 games thing last year, just because I started logging the games I was playing and figured to try for that too. Big mistake, turns out I just don't like video games enough to try to get through that many, was gettin' pretty burned out.

ezodagrom

I did the 52 games thing last year, just because I started logging the games I was playing and figured to try for that too. Big mistake, turns out I just don't like video games enough to try to get through that many, was gettin' pretty burned out.
The whole thing is kinda like turning games into work in a way, it's better to play games at your own pace, instead of trying to play an arbitrary amount of them during a certain period of time.

The whole thing is kinda like turning games into work in a way, it's better to play games at your own pace, instead of trying to play an arbitrary amount of them during a certain period of time.
Yeah, I was definitely starting to get that mindset, thinking about what to check off next on the list and trying to get it all going in a row.

Tizoc

I'm the opposite. Doing this challenge allowed me to start clearing my backlog+experiencing the games I've owned over the years. I had a blast playing some of the games like Dust. There were some lame ones, but overall I am glad I decided to do this challenge.

tuxfool

Banned

Seemingly a lot of people approach games as a chore that they have to complete. I just don't understand it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stump what happened to creepy ass Zeliard? I havent seen him in ages :/

edit: oh fuck that Elder Scrolls game is on steam? Its from the Eternal guys right? Eternal is amazing.

Vlad

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-97EADE08518A5B84 - Taken by claytonlee101. 4 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-457325307E7609A5 - Taken by Eila. 11 entrants total.

t1496281664z1.png

Nzyme32

Small but notable part of the Steam beta client:

Steam Input
  • All Controllers types now can assign Guide Chord actions when opted out of further controller support. Similar to the existing Guide + Trigger for screenshot, additional actions can be bound or reassigned to Guide + Button via the Controller Settings. Additional options include quick mouse support, changing volume and other media keys, turning off the controller (on supported hardware), on-screen keyboard, and so forth.
  • Fixed configurations not being saved properly in offline mode.
  • Fixed controllers not registering in offline mode if the account didn’t match its existing registration.
  • Removed online-only configuration browser categories when loading or saving configurations when in offline mode.
  • Fixed a case where X-Input slots could be incorrect while using generic controllers.
  • Fixed a case where controller configurations could be edited while saving to the cloud was still in-progress.

Steam Input is a good name that isn't so confusing when discussing everything. Makes me wonder if they will take it further / open it up to going beyond Steam etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom