• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite is actually my fav Bioshock too. 1 falls off a cliff for me after a certain event. 2 was mechanically better but felt like a carbon copy of the gameflow of 1. MD was a smaller version of 2.

Infinite at least had Elizabeth giving me side-eye every time I executed some poor sucker. And the levels felt different. And it had CCR.

Tonton

Magic was definitely useful in TitS and I'd say your mages are better than your main physical attackers

In CS magic is kinda bad and crafts are OP but it gets better in CS2, Emma is a good nuker
Hopefully they don't change much of the system for CS3 so they can refine it further
except make dual crafts

After that it's just sort of an extended epilogue. Just a few extra chapters, nothing that will take long.
Besides, HM is a great game and better than its sequel. Don't get me wrong though, HM2 also has an amazing soundtrack, it's incredibly atmospheric and the narrative will probably stick with you even if nothing groundbreaking (but certainly original).

Thanks to you, I've now finished the first game lol 'twas worth it!

Sioul

Is there a way to check if a key is still valid? I got 3 keys for the Fable Fortune beta and I had problems redeeming it so I tried the 3 keys, after updating the client the game was on my library but now I don't know which key I used :B

Where's all the Strafe hype in this thread?

(Or on Steam itself for that matter - the prepurchase isn't anywhere to be seen on the Top Sellers)

Where's all the Strafe hype in this thread?

(Or on Steam itself for that matter - the prepurchase isn't anywhere to be seen on the Top Sellers)

Oh wow. I had no idea a date was announced for it, let alone that it was coming out so soon. Just assumed it was another 20XX game.

My guess is lack of advertising.

Anno

Yep. Prey is pretty good.

Time to make "Totally Not Vampire: The Masquerade", Bethesda.

Obsidian has an unannounced AAA project helmed by Leonard Boyarsky, and obviously they have a good partnership with Paradox. So it might happen!

Vamphuntr

Obsidian has an unannounced AAA project helmed by Leonard Boyarsky, and obviously they have a good partnership with Paradox. So it might happen!

Excited for a Vampire the Masquerade game from Obsidian but AAA and Obsidian don't really go well together :/

Mivey

That's just the obligatory super-promising-Obsidian-game-to-be-cancelled, every few years. I guess they are just getting it out early so they can focus more on PoE II.

Ruruja

Spare keys, I added them as 1 then 2 so they may be the wrong way round.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-88C9836EE48EA409 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-1B46400B761834CE - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1494200525z1.png

Vamphuntr

Was reading the thread and decided to buy the original Prey (Steam) on play-asia since it was so cheap. And the code they've sent me is already used but has another extra digit to it. I guess they think you can add more number to it to make it different lol. They keep bugging me for a review. They will have one for sure.

Anno

Excited for a Vampire the Masquerade game from Obsidian but AAA and Obsidian don't really go well together :/

I think current Obsidian will produce something much more technically competent then in the past. Especially if they don't have a publisher looking to fuck them over.

Platy

What is the best way to see humble store prices outside of your region ?
Some kind of enhanced steam maybe ?

Aparently isthereadeal don't even have the humble store on it's non bundle tags =P

The only way I am thinking it is VPN ... but there must be an easier way, right ?

Teeth

I wonder of Obsidian internally considered Tyrrany a AAA game.

Because I have a feeling that if they are actually doing a new Vampire game, it's going to be top down. I hope it's not...but I just don't think Paradox could fund a full AAA immersive sim.

Anno

I wonder of Obsidian internally considered Tyrrany a AAA game.

Because I have a feeling that if they are actually doing a new Vampire game, it's going to be top down. I hope it's not...but I just don't think Paradox could fund a full AAA immersive sim.

According to an SEC filing the game is in partnership with "a major publisher," so who knows how much they have to self-fund. If it is top down in the Pillars engine I would personally love that, but I know most probably wouldn't.

tales from the borderlands is really great so far, only finished 2 eps but i gotta say, if the game at the very least remains at this pace it'll probably end up being my favorite telltale game so far. (I've played like about 4 of em including this one)

It most definitely will happen.

yes, when jesus christ is finally resurrected.

Teeth

According to an SEC filing the game is in partnership with "a major publisher," so who knows how much they have to self-fund. If it is top down in the Pillars engine I would personally love that, but I know most probably wouldn't.

Paradox would likely be classified as a major publisher. I just don't think they have the bankroll for a AAA game in the way that most people would want a full 3D immersive sim like Bloodlines was. But I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

I also don't know what publisher would work with Paradox to get the license while fully funding the project.
EA, Activision, and Ubisoft don't work with independent developers.
I really doubt MS or Sony would pay for a Vampire game.
Bethesda might, but they are so hawkish that they wouldn't work with a license they couldn't own.
Who knows what 2K would do, but I don't think they work with external developers anymore.
Squeenix wouldn't fund this because they would just use an Eidos team now. They wouldn't anyway because they got burned so bad on Deus Ex MD.

So that leaves....Nintendo...?

tales from the borderlands is really great so far, only finished 2 eps but i gotta say, if the game at the very least remains at this pace it'll probably end up being my favorite telltale game so far. (I've played like about 4 of em including this one)

It keeps getting better as you go along. Easily Telltale's best game in many years. It had some really nice touches like the title card for every episode, and some really great music throughout.

Plesiades

Paradox would likely be classified as a major publisher. I just don't think they have the bankroll for a AAA game in the way that most people would want a full 3D immersive sim like Bloodlines was. But I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

SEGA.

Alpha Protocol.

i still don't even own Vampire: The Masquerade, I've been wanting to get to it for ages, it seems like a game I'd really be into but i always just start playing other stuff/on my "don't purchase any new games cause i still got a bunch of unplayed ones" mode. there is too little time in a day :(

ezodagrom

Trails 3rd is so good, seriously much better than those numbers imply.

Owners: 5,852 ± 2,288
Now at 6,275 ± 2,319, but, comparing to another recently released game, in the same period of time since release, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 number of owners was at 5k, 3 days later those numbers doubled, went up to 10k (which then stabillized for a few days and started going up a bit more again, to 12~13k).

It's possible that until the end of the week Trails 3rd numbers could stabilize at around the 10~15k range, though of course it's also possible that it'll just stay where it is now, it's just too early to tell really.

It's possible that until the end of the week Trails 3rd numbers could stabilize at around the 10~15k range, though of course it's also possible that it'll just stay where it is now, it's just too early to tell really.

I reckon it'll stabilize just after the pre-order discount ends. Anyone who wanted to buy it early will probably have bought it by then. Still think it'll stay below 10k.

Teeth

SEGA.

Alpha Protocol.

I never thought of them. I guess it's possible. They've done weird co-licensing crap with Nintendo and Microsoft before (Bayonetta 2 and Halo Wars 2). But I see them only doing that with companies larger than them rather than smaller (as Paradox would be....probably. I guess I don't really know the comparative health of either company these days).

But they are possibly crazy enough to do so.

I know Prey is not Alien Isolation, no xenomorph is going to jump down from an air vent and put its tongue through my skull, yet I was still very nervous. Those fucking mimics man!

I think I added most of the people who posted, might have missed one or two! Always fun thinking you don't have someone on your friends list but they've been on there for ages under a different name. Looking at you Lurkerprime!

My Profile for clicking

Blizzard

Banned
Between "PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS" (which also looks like a placeholder or bug), "GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-", "Total War: WARHAMMER", and "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn", I feel like my Steam friends list is yelling at me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom