• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Really good. Really really good.

You mean
8kqrtQiz9YqnS.gif

Ludens

Banned
I can't use my debit card binded to Paypal to buy the Humble Bundle. The fact is, I always used this card to buy bundles, what's wrong with it now?
EDIT: Solved it. Apparently the only way I can use my card now is to pay a fee to Paypal for the conversion, otherwise my card is not accepted anymore :l

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Both Amnesia games got achievements and Saints Row IV got Workshop support

I love when old games get new features.
Speaking of, how does Steam deal with upgrades like the Bioshock Remasters when the Specs rise?
I would be pretty pissed when my games suddenly dont run anymore

Grief.exe

Ah, thats cool. I always thought the old games get replaced.
Pretty cool.

That's a quick way to piss off your fan base.

Also, they could potentially run into EU digital property violations. Though, you are going to have to confirm that with someone with more than a tertiary knowledgeable of that system.

gngf123

Both are great games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volume -- MB-648451A0ACFE2E3B - Taken by Jadax. 10 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-2AA656DC211659EB - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.

t1479846948z1.png

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-B3761C23F14EFBF0 - Taken by Vlad. 7 entrants total.

t1479847180z1.png

Sch1sm

I'm finding that the more recent Telltale games have been slower to discount than they used to be... unless I'm doing sales wrong :(

Humble End of Summer Sale '15 was the winner for Telltale games. Think I bought Blands + TWD S1 + TWD S2 + TWAU + GoT 2015 at like $5 a piece and then all I did was play a whole lot of Telltale games and hate myself.

I just wait for the episodes to all drop, then the first major sale following.

Ventara

Wow! That is a really good bundle. Legend of Grimrock 2 for $1? That is almost criminally cheap.Everyone who doesn't have that game should be getting at least the $1 tier.

Anyways, I did BTA for Dungeons 2. Looks like a fun game. Will probably remain in my backlog forever. Also, weird that Humble cant detect I own Infinifactory, even though it can for Grimrock 2.

kevin1025

Banned
Humble End of Summer Sale '15 was the winner for Telltale games. Think I bought Blands + TWD S1 + TWD S2 + TWAU + GoT 2015 at like $5 a piece and then all I did was play a whole lot of Telltale games and hate myself.

I just wait for the episodes to all drop, then the first major sale following.

That's a good way of doing things. I grabbed the Michonne one from a Humble sale not too long back, but apart from that I've been waiting a while on the other couple I'm missing.

(I'm sorry you had to play the Game of Thrones one, by the way, haha)

Wow! That is a really good bundle. Legend of Grimrock 2 for $1? That is almost criminally cheap.Everyone who doesn't have that game should be getting at least the $1 tier.

Anyways, I did BTA for Dungeons 2. Looks like a fun game. Will probably remain in my backlog forever. Also, weird that Humble cant detect I own Infinifactory, even though it can for Grimrock 2.

I asked in the bundle thread but I'll ask here, too... Should I jump right into Grimrock 2? I played an hour or two of the first game and got super lost. Is it worth going back to it a couple of months removed or am I better off going into the second game?

If Dungeons 2 is anything like Dungeons 1, its fatal flaw is that it isn't a Dungeon Keeper game, but this weird fusion of tower defense and real time strategy.

Pre-order is up.

Not playing as Clementine? Why even bother, Telltale.

Though, from the cover, I imagine it will have three playable characters overall. I'm bracing for a Game of Thrones-esque disaster right now.

Also, I thought Valve didn't allow concept art (or renders) for the store page anymore. I really doubt it will look anything near that smooth.

Sch1sm

That's a good way of doing things. I grabbed the Michonne one from a Humble sale not too long back, but apart from that I've been waiting a while on the other couple I'm missing.

(I'm sorry you had to play the Game of Thrones one, by the way, haha)

I asked in the bundle thread but I'll ask here, too... Should I jump right into Grimrock 2? I played an hour or two of the first game and got super lost. Is it worth going back to it a couple of months removed or am I better off going into the second game?

Yeah, I'm sorry, too. The worst part is, my episode 6 achievements didn't unlock. I must have been offline when I played and not noticed, but there's no way I'm going back, haha. Was a really slow drag as is, and the episode was too long even compared to the others.

How was Michonne? Didn't pick it up even though I'd seen it cheap during this last Humble End of Summer Sale. Saw a lot of complaints about the length at its retail price.

If Dungeons 2 is anything like Dungeons 1, its fatal flaw is that it isn't a Dungeon Keeper game, but this weird fusion of tower defense and real time strategy.

Not playing as Clementine? Why even bother, Telltale.

Though, from the cover, I imagine it will have three playable characters overall. I'm bracing for a Game of Thrones-esque disaster right now.

Also, I thought Valve didn't allow concept art (or renders) for the store page anymore. I really doubt it will look anything near that smooth.

Most likely a downsampled screenshot, I'm sure that's going to be the norm from now, technically a screenshot but much nicer than it will look for most people.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, I'm sorry, too. The worst part is, my episode 6 achievements didn't unlock. I must have been offline when I played and not noticed, but there's no way I'm going back, haha. Was a really slow drag as is, and the episode was too long even compared to the others.

How was Michonne? Didn't pick it up even though I'd seen it cheap during this last Humble End of Summer Sale. Saw a lot of complaints about the length at its retail price.

I actually still haven't played Michonne! I have it installed, so I got that far, haha. I got a new video card and have been sucked into Titanfall 2 and Witcher 3 ever since.

The achievement thing happened to me on the last episode of the second Walking Dead, as well. I think I played it right when it went live and the achievements hadn't been activated yet or something like that. But yeah, Game of Thrones was a tough one to put up with, even playing them as they released. Playing it as a whole must have been insane!

AHA-Lambda

Been out all day, coming home expecting to play new episode of Batman.

Still not available?

Has there been a TT episodic release lately that hasn't been late? >_>

Ventara

I had the same dilemma (except I played about halfway) and I decided to just play Grimrock 2. I don't remember much from what I played of the first, but there seems to be no connections and I enjoyed the 2nd one more, I feel.

Not sure how it'd feel going back to the first afterwards, but I don't think you really need to worry about that. I recall there being mods for Grimrock 2. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one that's the whole first Grimrock game, lol.

Jawmuncher

Got to the tree in Xanadu and got my ass beat.
I keep feeling like i'm underleveled, but the enemies in the area don't give as much XP as I would think. It almost isn't worth even bothering to kill 1XP mobs.

Michonne is a skeleton of a good game in that it's a good idea, but it feels way too brief for what they were trying to do. It would have made way more sense as a regular five-episode adventure comparable to the original TWD in length.

I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you somehow can appreciate it more if you've seen the TWD comic or show. (I haven't.)
^
Both Javier and Clementine are playable.
I guess it just depends if it's the GoT or TFTB team working on this.
Most likely a downsampled screenshot, I'm sure that's going to be the norm from now, technically a screenshot but much nicer than it will look for most people.

Seems ridiculous that Valve would disallow concept art but allow this.

It'd be so nice to just be able to trust screenshots again.

kevin1025

Banned
I had the same dilemma (except I played about halfway) and I decided to just play Grimrock 2. I don't remember much from what I played of the first, but there seems to be no connections and I enjoyed the 2nd one more, I feel.

Not sure how it'd feel going back to the first afterwards, but I don't think you really need to worry about that. I recall there being mods for Grimrock 2. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one that's the whole first Grimrock game, lol.

Awesome, thanks! One day when I finally finish Witcher 3 I want to play it, I've been meaning to for quite a while now.

Ascheroth

Got to the tree in Xanadu and got my ass beat.
I keep feeling like i'm underleveled, but the enemies in the area don't give as much XP as I would think. It almost isn't worth even bothering to kill 1XP mobs.

Do you have the best equipment that's available? If leveling feels like a grind, that usually means you should be at an appropiate level.
The rest comes down to learning the boss patterns and reacting accordingly.

Teeth

Seems ridiculous that Valve would disallow concept art but allow this.

It'd be so nice to just be able to trust screenshots again.

Concept art isn't the game. This is the game at its achievable best.

Supersampling isn't anything magic or untoward. That doesn't look much cleaner than a 4k downsampled shot would, which is a projected norm these days.

Things that Ubisoft would have done with this shot:
1) Hand Photoshopped in SSAO like effects and colour grading
2) DoF on the background elements
3) Fixed the textures on the background environmental elements
4) Fixed the hair layering and added additional hair highlights to match the scene lighting

madjoki

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

JiPS -- MB-35C3150512D18C18 - Taken by fuzzy123
JiPS #2 -- MB-D5A06CE795FD0F05 - Taken by Wok
JiPS #4 -- MB-0BB3DADCA3AD29DC - Taken by Eila
JiPS #3 -- MB-34FA6A9188E7FFDE - Taken by longlivegaming

Should work.

Apparently, Batman Episode 4 should have been released by TellTale today.

People are not happy.

Maybe it's a Frog Fractions-esque ARG where people need to figure out where the episode is before they can play it.

Do the detective work. Solve the riddle.
Be the Batman.

I have a pretty healthy Steam backlog... buuuuuuut I just made a new Dark Souls 3 character so time to play through the entire game again for the ~6th time.

Burt

So yeah, technically the wrong thread, but the other one doesn't seem to be getting many eyes, so:

Dragon Age: Inquisition worth it for $5?

I'll probably hold off at least a few days to see how far The Witcher 3 dips for the rest of the Black Friday sales, but $5 is gonna be hard to argue against regardless, unless DA:I really is an incredible piece of trash.

Anno

Ehhhhh...I got it as a gift and still almost feel robbed. I wouldn't pay $5 if it suddenly disappeared from origin.

So yeah, technically the wrong thread, but the other one doesn't seem to be getting many eyes, so:

I'll probably hold off at least a few days to see how far The Witcher 3 dips for the rest of the Black Friday sales, but $5 is gonna be hard to argue against regardless, unless DA:I really is an incredible piece of trash.

DAI is a lot of busywork disguised as a Bioware RPG. It is the antithesis of the Witcher 3 and the absolute bottom barrel of open world design. There was an RPG in the Steam weekly that I'd suggest instead, but with the new storefront I can't find a weekly sale link....

SWTOR is the better way to waste time.

It's absolutely worth $5.

Some people hated for what felt like a lot of padding. Some of the quests were fairly meaningful, to me. There were a few skills that broke the game a bit but, thankfully, this came late. But it also meant the last boss was trivial and hunting dragons, usually such a menacing endeavor, was nothing for me.

Needless to say, if it's between this and Witcher 3... hands down, #Witcher #Geralt #istillneedtofinishsomequests

StrykerV

Neo Member
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrykerV, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Volume -- MB-E45E3D0F679D81C9 - Taken by Zeeman

Burt

Ehhhhh...I got it as a gift and still almost feel robbed. I wouldn't pay $5 if it suddenly disappeared from origin.

DAI is a lot of busywork disguised as a Bioware RPG. It is the antithesis of the Witcher 3 and the absolute bottom barrel of open world design. There was an RPG in the Steam weekly that I'd suggest instead, but with the new storefront I can't find a weekly sale link....

SWTOR is the better way to waste time.

It's absolutely worth $5.

Some people hated for what felt like a lot of padding. Some of the quests were fairly meaningful, to me. There were a few skills that broke the game a bit but, thankfully, this came late. But it also meant the last boss was trivial and hunting dragons, usually such a menacing endeavor, was nothing for me.

Needless to say, if it's between this and Witcher 3... hands down, #Witcher #Geralt #istillneedtofinishsomequests

Thanks - guess I'm waiting to see what TW3 and DLC come out as. I used to be one of those people that had to 100% every RPG he played, but nowadays I'm pretty good at skirting optional fluff that clearly won't be worth it. If DA:I has a lot of non-option fluff though, ehhhhh......

Corpekata

Banned
I've felt the backlash to Dragon Age Inquisition was overblown.

It does have some issues, namely that it starts far stronger than it ends, and it can fee like the pacing of the story content is off due to the way things are setup. And the party AI is pretty dumb. But I really liked it and it's one of the few non-Souls games to totally dominate my life for a week or two.

Only others since then have been Dragon's Dogma, Overwatch, XCOM 2, FO4 and Witcher 3. The only one of those I'd say left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth is FO4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

yes its awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom