• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the $6.50 tier is by far the best value, even if I have those mid tier games. hopefully something i dont have will pop on the bonuses next week

also, I saw this in the Lords of the fallen thread:

Boarderless windowed messes up SLI scaling. I would not do that.

if this is for all games, it might explain my less than stellar mordor performance and other weird stuff with other games because ive been running everything borderless for streaming easiness >_>

Lords is running great now at fullscreen with tripple buffering (borderless was messing up on mroe than just frame rate), except...you know...for when it crashed on the boss >_>

rtcn63

hmm, i AM in need of a new suit...

Aren't we all?

MonkeyDance.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, what a day.
LA coming to GoG, VC coming to PC, I won Transformers and an pretty awesome Humble Bundle.
Thanks god, you did good today.

koma

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for November (New releases on Steam)

So many interesting games... it's a "shame" to be an adult with a full-time job in this age of gaming abundance at low prices (compared to what i had to pay in the '90 for a console game), i would have been the happiest kid ever if i had so many interesting games to choose from when i had the time to play them...

Yakkue

Leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-4ED668C4ADD21408 - Taken by Scipius
Tower of Guns -- MB-57E1EF4E1B4BCB70 - Taken by The Reloader
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-6930FCF5B8580B4C - Taken by Rand6

Milamber

European Ship Simulator
ss_cc2226a6c5e71c9f875f2e9bda4e35f8dfb8ea65.600x338.jpg

Holy Ship! How have I never heard of this? And it's shipping this November? I hope my company doesn't dock my pay so I can afford this. I could feel myself cruising through this game. We should advertise this more. I feel this game could be making waves.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for kudoboi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-5AD3B10B3EFD0209 - Taken by Vlad
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-99F1A02EE2CAF207 - Taken by GaussTek

forgot to add risk of rain in. ehh ill do that in a future giveaway

Nabs

Someone needs to make the Humble thread, but make sure you highlight that it's fucking crazy.

Free Teleglitch. OlliOlli in the $1 tier. Jazzpunk, 4xRisk of Rain and the new Amnesia for 6. That's just crazy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tower of Guns -- MB-3D2FEA45386A6543 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-45C2082153A9E6DF - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-D12429E5509F7748 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-1A6C30EE6344D91D - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-689A3C52587873D5 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 13 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-F504453F71A02200 - Taken by cardinalmind. 3 entrants total.

t1414520939z1.png

So I just got my new computer up and running and my new card can drive 3 monitors which my old one couldn't do. Is there an easy way to switch between which one steam/steam games come up on? I used to have an autohotkey script that just changed everything over, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way now that all three can be up all the time.

Edit: The idea is that sometimes I want to play on my TV (third monitor) and sometimes I want to play on my regular monitor, and I'd like to quickly switch between them if possible.

I know this was a while ago (this thread moves fast), but as an update, there is a setting for BPM that allows you to select which monitor you want which does exactly what I was looking for.

Toki767

Have fun whoever. Game is really enjoyable.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Risk of Rain -- MB-21BD6B12E6E11B7C - Taken by RyanPierre
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-12A165CE5E94F8E8 - Taken by Kirosia
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-6DD5E4B60F8653F3 - Taken by Kifimbo

Lomax

Just in case anyone is on the fence for the second tier of the humble bundle, when you "purchase" the free copy of Teleglitch, it gives you a locked in buy point for the 2nd tier at that moment, so you can reserve the low price now (or whenever it bottoms out) and make your decision next week without even having to buy the $1 tier. Or even buy it in a few weeks if you don't have the money for it now.

Khronico

Ehhh... Only two games I want in that bundle are tower of guns and risk of rain. I'll pass over this one unless next weeks bonus games are really good.

Shadownet

Banned
Ehhh... Only two games I want in that bundle are tower of guns and risk of rain. I'll pass over this one unless next week's bonus games are really good.

Enter the giveaway man! there are like 7 copies of Risk of Rain being raffled right above you!

Man this is probably THE best bundle I've seen in a while.

Arthea

Only the Risk of Rain shareable copies I think.

nope, all of them! At least that's what I got by gifting them, small text
This key must be redeemed by November 25 at 11am PDT

what if person I gifted it won't redeem in time?! not that I got control over it and I don't like to nag people for no good reason.

r3n4ud

I'm never buying an indie game from Steam again...

everything is bundled

I used to say the same...but the wait it tough

For example, I pick up Fist of Jesus the other day and really enjoying it. Sure, it'll get bundled eventually, but glad I picked it up now though.

koma

Humble inDIE 13 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • OlliOlli
  • INsanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • Tower of Guns
TIER 2: BTA
  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Jazzpunk
  • 4x Risk of Rain
  • ?
TIER 3: 12$
  • Shadowrun Returns
TIER 4: 65$
  • Box o Treats

wow, this is an awesome bundle, i already finished Tower of Guns and Jazzpunk, i have played a bit Risk of Rain, they are really great games! I might buy this as a gift for some friends, really some quality titles :O

Lomax

Expiring keys was the next logical step for Indie Bundles, I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened sooner. I wonder if Valve has done anything that makes it easier now for devs to generate expiring keys or if it still has to be handled manually.

Nabs

Risk of Rain has such an amazing soundtrack. Make sure you download that if you don't plan on playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom