• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baschta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-088FAAE6EDF4B264 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-04F95E0EA2647A3F - Taken by Easton Dark. 2 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-7A0E2498401B7812 - Taken by Shalashaska. 18 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-BE87C7FAB8697ACD - Taken by Hanzou. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-5EADC1C30DEB9E58 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.

t1414523580z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crashed after the first boss for me. Of course, I'm really pushing it with 4GB of RAM and a GPU w/ 1GB RAM.

The game is real pretty and fun though.

im not pushing anything and it still crashes :) both times after he loses 1 slot of life and breaks a little armor too

Make it Rain.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Risk of Rain -- MB-F94FDFF64F52AFD0 - Taken by Anteater
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-FD24813A517400FE - Taken by eyeless
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-730E0CA5A32FD4C6 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-A2ACCE055436C63F - Taken by Hemi-PoweredDrone

Nabs

OlliOlli is a great way to kill some time:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

OlliOlli -- MB-6E698480257CFC47 - Taken by derExperte
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-500D7E743911DE53 - Taken by anastef

agniswarm

Banned
You sure about that? I haven't redeemed the code yet, but the page clearly states that it's for the Halloween DLC.

Yes I was excited as it was Halloween DLC...I play the game sometimes so wanted to check out the DLC but found it was Hero of Stormhold Pack DLC..well that's the name it showed when I activated the key

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Vita means life. My most played platform this year without contest.

The only way my brain can interpret this post is that you're using your vita as a stage to hold noncompetitive sports matches.

Now I'm just wondering how your vita isn't broken from being trambled on. Not like being able to turn it on is really necessary.

Lomax

If you keep them as keys I don't think they will expire as the risk of rain are keys so keys cant expire..links can..or may be they can!

They could disable any unredeemed keys at that point if they wanted to, no telling if they will or not, but I'd assume they will.

Yeah, maybe. I've come to the realization that people are going to yell at me about stuff like this regardless of what it's labeled as though. It's just a matter of finding the right wording to make the most people happy.

Fair enough, though in this case I could see it being a more legitimate concern since someone unscrupulous could actually use a function similar to that to steal stuff from someone's inventory.

MUnited83

For you.
speaking of life, how far-fetched is the idea of a Senran Kagura game coming to Steam?

Not very likely at the moment I assume. I would pay highly to see how the community hub for that would look like. And the prices the cards would go for. And the backgrounds, oh, the backgrounds.

But I think we will get a Hatsane Miku game before we get Senran Kagura.

didamangi

im not pushing anything and it still crashes :) both times after he loses 1 slot of life and breaks a little armor too

That's discouraging. I put my settings on High though, not very high. I doubt it helps since it seems like the game is at fault. Too bad.

Not very likely at the moment I assume. I would pay highly to see how the community hub for that would look like. And the prices the cards would go for. And the backgrounds, oh, the backgrounds.

But I think we will get a Hatsane Miku game before we get Senran Kagura.

I really wonder what the market for games like Senran Kagura are. I played the 3ds one and it felt like a shovelware game, right next to Neptunia...

Yes I was excited as it was Halloween DLC...I play the game sometimes so wanted to check out the DLC but found it was Hero of Stormhold Pack DLC..well that's the name it showed when I activated the key

You're right - I just tried to redeem it now. Oh well, one more for the GAF giveaway pile.

MUnited83

For you.
The only way my brain can interpret this post is that you're using your vita as a stage to hold noncompetitive sports matches.

Now I'm just wondering how your vita isn't broken from being trambled on. Not like being able to turn it on is really necessary.

Not really hard to understand. A huge quantity of games, coupled with the fact I have a 3/4 hour commute everyday... Vita is freaking awesome.

I really wonder what the market for games like Senran Kagura are. I played the 3ds one and it felt like a shovelware game, right next to Neptunia...

The 3DS one was meh in my opinion. I liked the Vita one a lot though. Neptunia isn't so bad either. The first Neptunia was terrible but they improved on later titles.

sensoft04

Banned

I thought it was Halloween...wanted to redeem it..how the heck do they post wrong keys..!!!!

Zeeman

Man, none of the $1 games interest me at all.

Also, this GOG-Lucasarts thing reminds me that I own Fate of Atlantis on Steam but never quite beat it. Also, I never managed to figure out the fighting controls (aside from "0" for a knock out). Anyone have any insight?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's discouraging. I put my settings on High though, not very high. I doubt it helps since it seems like the game is at fault. Too bad.

yeah lots of crashes in the OT :)

oh well, hopefully theres a patch soon. it sucks but Im not going to start sending death threats

for now

agniswarm

Banned
They could disable any unredeemed keys at that point if they wanted to, no telling if they will or not, but I'd assume they will.

Yes they have the right and liberty to do so at anytime. May the developers want the game to spread out rather than a person holding a lot of keys.

kaskade

Might not be the right place to ask but steam support hasn't gotten back to me yet. So I got a charge on my Amex for .99 cents from steam. Now this is weird because I don't even think my amex is linked to my steam account, my visa was listed. I may have used the card to buy something through steam before but nothing recently. I don't want to do a chargeback or anything because I hear that can lock your account or something.

Has anyone had anything similar happen. I'm just hoping it wasn't a test charge and I'm going to have like 400 dollars worth of games pop up.

yeah that too

doesn't help that est and pst and pcp and whatever have all different names depending on who you're talking with

it's stressful

That's why I have so many time zones in the clock on my phone. EST, PST, GMT, CET, and a shit ton of others I can't think of the acronym for.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might not be the right place to ask but steam support hasn't gotten back to me yet. So I got a charge on my Amex for .99 cents from steam. Now this is weird because I don't even think my amex is linked to my steam account, my visa was listed. I may have used the card to buy something through steam before but nothing recently. I don't want to do a chargeback or anything because I hear that can lock your account or something.

Has anyone had anything similar happen. I'm just hoping it wasn't a test charge and I'm going to have like 400 dollars worth of games pop up.

Is that Amex card listed on your account page?

Tellaerin

Ack, what happened? The last time I played was right after they added the artifacts that change aspects of your run (all enemies explode, all enemies are specials, etc).

With the last patch they switched over to a new engine, which apparently introduced a metric shitton of bugs, some of them pretty bad. Of course, whether or not you'll be affected by said bugs seems to be the luck of the draw. Some people were getting crashes on startup, there were controller issues, problems with climbing ropes and jumping, some folks reported severe slowdown where there was none before (despite the engine upgrade supposedly improving performance, which it apparently did - for some people), etc. So it was kind of a mess. (That patch also broke XP compatibility, for those unfortunate enough to be stuck on an older OS.) As of this afternoon, it looks like the devs are trying to address the worst of the problems that cropped up, which is reassuring, at least.

didamangi

yeah lots of crashes in the OT :)

oh well, hopefully theres a patch soon. it sucks but Im not going to start sending death threats

for now

Yeah, read that. Too bad 'cause I like what I've played so far with the Rogue. Roll dodge + 3 hit combos = rekt enemies. And backstabbing deaf mutants too. Fun stuff.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And then there's the state of Arizona that doesn't observe it at all. Good on them, but it further confuses people that have to do cross-state business there.

We need to just ditch this whole daylight savings time thing, globally.

Living in AZ I love that we don't have to fuck around with clocks like the rest of you.

The only downside is because we don't shift - the entire tv broadcasting schedule shifts an hour for us.

Tampinha

Found a few keys in my Humble Account:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tampinha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-343429177FD27F5A - Taken by Shadownet. 4 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-FE3E64A1E825054B - Taken by tuseday. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-D93D2CF26896B679 - Taken by Spiegel. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-9741CF751639AC41 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-BDA3CD2004D4B003 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-04DBD98F6C23B88F

t1414534620z1.png

beta update

Steam Client
  • Added support for playback of full screen HTML5 videos in the Web Browser
  • Fixed a race condition that could lead to a crash in rare cases on Steam startup
  • Screenshot manager dialog layout improved to account for longer localized strings
  • Music background mask updated to improve foreground content legibility
  • Fixed missing "repeat once" UI string in the desktop Music player
  • Desktop client graphics updated (Big Picture controller icon, Background images)
  • Fix performance problem with large numbers of concurrent p2p connections.

Big Picture
  • Store and Library improvements have been made to help users identify locally playable content. For more information, visit http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bigpicture#announcements.
  • Locally playable content featured by default, as OS or input device warrants
  • Store settings added to enable advanced users to view all Steam content, regardless of local playability
  • Optional dropdown added to Store, to enable advanced users to quickly switch between viewing locally playable and all Steam content
  • Search results display locally playable content first
  • Notes, icons, and cart warning added to store views to indicate additional input and in-home streaming requirements, as applicable
  • Library default view set to display locally playable games, as appropriate
  • Improved playback of videos in the Web Browser
  • Fixed youtube videos reloading when switching tabs in the Web Browser

Windows
  • Improved in-game overlay compatibility with some newer d3d11 games that utilize IDXGIFactory2 (Audiosurf 2)

Mac OS X
  • Fixed the TAB key not working correctly in Web forms
  • Retina display graphics improved (Checkboxes and radio buttons)

In-Home Streaming
Fixed flickering on NVIDIA SLI host configurations

I can't even wrap my head around the sheer number of movies Marvel is able to pump out. Good god. I'm so behind.

Just remember, we're living in a time where we'll be getting a Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans movie, as well as a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones TV series. Let that sink in for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom