• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Here's some extras for everyone:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Risk of Rain -- MB-A214A32C3A3DCD43 - Taken by freshVeggie
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-C11B9E356AF9C763 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-9A3B12BA8BD3CC58 - Taken by gurm3n
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-1B9BF58DF1BAB141 - Taken by Abomination

Ronik

Just remember, we're living in a time where we'll be getting a Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans movie, as well as a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones TV series. Let that sink in for a second.

What a great time to live in. Now I only need my She-Hulk TV series.

Saty

At first i thought the new update is about Steam letting you know how well you will be able to play the games according to the system requirements.

Just remember, we're living in a time where we'll be getting a Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans movie, as well as a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones TV series. Let that sink in for a second.

11 Movies between now at 2019. I'm still stuck at the beginning of Phase Two. I can't hold all these movies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No only my Visa is. But I did look through my statements and I did buy with my Amex but never saved the info to my profile. Last thing my account purchased was Splinter Cell in june. I got the free version of Payday on oct 17th but that was free.

Hmmm then sorry, only Steam support can help you with that issue. You're right for not doing a chargeback.

I'd suggest calling Amex customer support and asking them to block all future purchases on Steam or (barring that) tell them that you think your card number may have been stolen and request a new one. This would prevent whoever made that charge from making another one.

Good luck!

I didn't get a cheapo Alien so I guess I can use that 9 bucks to give you some $$$_FREE GAMES_$$$

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-98EA7AC67D451749 - Taken by pupo
Risk Of Rain -- MB-F7810F8DCF692B0E - Taken by Ronik
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-E7467BE1DB4E5E41 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Risk Of Rain 2: Electric Boogaloo -- MB-F5E0C3F01F5E0E53 - Taken by ichtyander

Divius

Mine is working just fine. Try verifying the cache?

Also im surprise that this game has Playstation prompts.
I did and also deleted and re-installed it. Also disabled steam overlay.

Seems like I need to reboot my pc in order to get it to work. *sigh* haven't rebooted my PC in weeks.

Bought Bayonetta 2 and Sunset Overdrive, hopefully I will actually find time to play them ;-;

Tempted to get Lords of the Fallen too via GMG but given how little time I have working 6 days a week it seems inadvisable.

MRORANGE

Bumping if anyone is interested on doing recommendations for the other games:

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for November (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in November Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th October

Games / Gaffers:
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - BinaryPork2737
Football Manager 2015 - Uzzy
Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault - Uzzy
Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dr Dogg
Rebirth - Grief.exe

===============================================================================================================

Some Games that you can still write recommendations for if you want:

Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare
ss_7799b999135b241703db64ac5308613f678a9814.600x338.jpg

Depth
ss_f2adf96fc2cd8e873b258f097a0f18a6a2f56c30.600x338.jpg

Heroes of Issachar
ss_2f2ed0e87a8d0caa3e179f4e1afe046f5e6782c3.600x338.jpg

The Talos Principle
ss_851093aa8777f6ce7e96d4d3b4334cfa5eccd1ca.600x338.jpg

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
ss_19ef624e8d97136ba6f928d389b85f7b8130c37a.600x338.jpg

Defenders of Time
ss_0d7a4502c21b6d85307d5be0f96b6ff5e303a44e.600x338.jpg

Project Nimbus
ss_0367f8dc5d0bd0325639a261ef45e5b52cf38550.600x338.jpg

Lumino City
ss_0717a54eec7d2ff2b37c4b3f10ab2692a607dbdd.600x338.jpg

Polarity
ss_a8ded03dbca83604c48cc6bc144cc9d941176963.600x338.jpg

Disorder
ss_7ed419282069af2c39f9c039c5f342c6e1ba6823.600x338.jpg

European Ship Simulator
ss_cc2226a6c5e71c9f875f2e9bda4e35f8dfb8ea65.600x338.jpg

Crowntakers
ss_a8869d9ce4308858a79c3acbdacd7c4aede68290.600x338.jpg

Gold Rush! Anniversary
ss_1bbf5490e03d8f9c8ee415c9c7c244a52897b386.600x338.jpg

Dragon
ss_c4b50a04ba6c1094c82a1f051e96b66fa5431b8e.600x338.jpg

QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
ss_2a7035705f18b118a2f2baaef0e1e13ee9544537.600x338.jpg

The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
ss_9e180c5f3981ac62755b3c1fb969224e3c57e46a.600x338.jpg

Toybox Turbos
ss_bfb29c6fcce97b57755aa473101dff703cab7b3e.600x338.jpg

The Sun and Moon
ss_3ec97701ec43ffbc139fcd2fad06f16d3f7abab8.600x338.jpg

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
ss_a20017547a1e1651f278ce2483c54d2befbc7f99.600x338.jpg

This War of Mine
ss_c4d977570392165f66f25e7298a31e5af35eb6da.600x338.jpg

Escape Dead Island
ss_11a09d4cbf9bcfb1545b73e887772b292d2b7b86.600x338.jpg

Construction Simulator 2015
ss_163f89ce10f593acc71da766f0fcde84b2075082.600x338.jpg

Death Skid Marks
ss_ffc9c22f3f2aa1b446838e9a40f229c8a171eda8.600x338.jpg

Eternal Winter
ss_b9a387ad93192027f695b8c564f6710ee99fae23.600x338.jpg

Haunted House: Cryptic Graves
ss_6999ea635b397745c58d3df0febebeadb1905c28.600x338.jpg

Raven's Cry
ss_bf1be0ccac08f6c68671d1f45dd23871bf2fe185.600x338.jpg

Wings of Vi
ss_a2395e11c246b9130a4b1c704311b67ad9270636.600x338.jpg

Emergency 5 - Deluxe Edition
ss_52c74f41da0bc4a0bf97f99804e574593523998e.600x338.jpg

Magical Battle Festa
ss_6be9689c0ff55bf35998d98663cc494858413fec.600x338.jpg

As always follow the rules listed above, try and get it to me before this Friday 2200 GMT

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Same here.

Unsurprisingly, this image is causing a bit of controversy (remember what I said just a little bit ago about how you word things)

SteamMachineGames.png

It's not testing the system requirements, it's only showing games that work with SteamOS / BPM and have controller support.

Jadax

Watching some casters run through Lords of the Fallen...and I'm getting a super strong urge to get it! It looks awesome!

zkylon

zkylewd
Not unsurprisingly, this image is causing a bit of controversy (remember what I said just a little bit ago about how you word things)

SteamMachineGames.png

It's not testing the system requirements, it's only showing games that work with SteamOS / BPM and have controller support.

as in not saying "installed games"?

Unsurprisingly, this image is causing a bit of controversy (remember what I said just a little bit ago about how you word things)

SteamMachineGames.png

BPM means they can only show 3 games at once in a 42" screen?

Right Valve, you are masters of UI/UX :(

zkylon

zkylewd
That's a really low barrier for something to be cool.
i'm easy to be lured in

hard to keep interested tho

but generally if it's anime or has a cool artstyle or atmosphere i'm game

Yeah this bothers the hell out of me. I don't understand why that is the case, and it has to be obvious to them that that is suboptimal
it's valve

don't expect much common sense out of them

Spyware

Wanna give away most of the keys from the latest Humble Bundle (just wanted Jazzpunk) but also wanna take the opportunity to throw away the older (mostly meh) spare keys I have. So not with the same rules... my question is then: does ModBot work well with posting two giveaways in the same post or should I just ignore the shame and post the bad one separately? :p

I was thinking the nice giveaway will make the garbage dump look better :D

Jørdan

2iDtNED.gif

Aaaand I'm throttled. Thanks for the generosity guys.

SteamMachineGames.png

Ok, that is just mean. That's exactly how I understood it before reading your explanation of what they actually mean by that. With a second look the icons do give pause for thought but it is too magical a possibility to think clearly, would make it so much easier and they certainly have the capability of implementing it.

Shadownet

Banned
Today is a good day.

Alien Isolation price glitch, an awesome Humble Bundle AND Transformers games are on sale.

Scratch that. Today is a great day.

jshackles

Jørdan;136316797 said:
Ok, that is just mean. That's exactly how I understood it before reading your explanation of what they actually mean by that. With a second look the icons do give pause for thought but it is too magical a possibility to think clearly, would make it so much easier and they certainly have the capability of implementing it.

I hate to say this (now that I've moved and my job hours have stabilized so I'm no longer "looking for work") but I really feel like I could implement a system like that if I worked at Valve. Among other things.

Jørdan;136316797 said:

I hate to say this (now that I've moved and my job hours have stabilized so I'm no longer "looking for work") but I really feel like I could implement a system like that if I worked at Valve. Among other things.

Valve did say they're working on implementing something like that, but you know...

...Valve Time

ViviOggi

Cheers
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ViviOggi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tower of Guns -- MB-A2D02B6897C2AD73 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 6 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-564CCB272B6058F8 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.

t1414527000z1.png

jshackles

Valve did say they're working on implementing something like that, but you know...

...Valve Time

Did they? From what I've seen / heard it turned out to be just a software analysis tool to check that you have the right version of DirectX etc installed.

Wow, crazy good bundle the humble one. Thanks to nice gaffers I got some great games.
Plus Alien Isolation as a gift for a very dear buddy.

It is a good day.

fernandes

That would be a great feature IF the system requirements were accurate. Most of the time they are not. I lost count of the games I played just fine with with a pc that shouldn't be running them according the the minimum requirements.

Did they? From what I've seen / heard it turned out to be just a software analysis tool to check that you have the right version of DirectX etc installed.

just searched it

When I ask whether Steam Machines will have a dedicated hardware specification, the team reveals that they're working on something a little more elegant: a system built into Steam that shows you which games your hardware configuration can actually run, and conversely, what hardware you'd need to buy to play a given game well — based on the real-world data about computer configurations that Valve already collects with its Steam Hardware Survey.

"It's one of these places where Steam is particularly and perhaps uniquely positioned to be able to actually help customers… we're sitting at the nexus of these hardware specs, so we can harvest data about what's going on, and repeat it back in a digestible form to every Steam user who cares," Coomer explains. Valve says it hasn't hammered out all the details yet, but it plans to launch such a feature next year.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/4/5...chine-valves-video-game-console-of-the-future

jshackles

That would be a great feature IF the system requirements were accurate. Most of the time they are not. I lost count of the games I played just fine with with a pc that shouldn't be running them according the the minimum requirements.

Read that feature announcement again. The only thing different is that it'll show you games that are compatible with your operating system (Windows / OSX / Linux / SteamOS) and will show you games with controller support if you are browsing with a controller.

Thanks I must have missed that. Last year. *sigh*

i'm easy to be lured in

hard to keep interested tho

but generally if it's anime or has a cool artstyle or atmosphere i'm game

Basically this. If it has the animus, I'm gonna at least try it. That's why I blindly bought Sakura Spirt when it was 50% off. I regret that one. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but it feels silly when the whole story is used just to segue from one picture of boobs to another.

You gotta play hard to get, and send Gaben an email detailing the reasons why his company stinks, and that you wouldn't be caught dead working there.

** Just don't use the word dead.

50ppp top of page announcement: Get hyped for DRAGON THE GAME!

Read that feature announcement again. The only thing different is that it'll show you games that are compatible with your operating system (Windows / OSX / Linux / SteamOS) and will show you games with controller support if you are browsing with a controller.

So, a feature designed almost entirely for Steamboxes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't think I even want to know who cheap Alien Isolation was. I hate all of you. I don't even want the game. Not like I really want it or anything like that. Your all dumb if you got it cheap. Bah.

I'm always too late for dumb glitches :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Basically this. If it has the animus, I'm gonna at least try it. That's why I blindly bought Sakura Spirt when it was 50% off. I regret that one. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but it feels silly when the whole story is used just to segue from one picture of boobs to another.

yea i mean i do have a bit of dignity tho

fernandes

Yes I know that. I was talking about if it really was a system requirement check to which games your computer could run. I'm just saying it would help some people but it would still be very inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom