• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh Enemy Unknown is taking forever to drop in price, I was expecting to be around 5-ish by now.
I expect that we'll be able to get xcom complete for $10 by year's end. I played the original campaign on the ps3 and have been wanting to replay it with enemy within so im hanging there with you.

Rebellion ain't fucking around with this Sniper Elite 3 DLC, 10 DLC packs of all sorts of stuff, guns, mission, Hitler killing,, kind of a little scummy that there are like 4 sniper rifles in the game but about dozen in all the DLC packs they're selling.

Vlad

As I understand it, it's actually completely free, the devs are no longer trying to make money off it at all.

People should give it a shot, it's a fun little game.

Indeed it is. Even after having spent 70 hours in the game, I find myself still having that itch to go back every so often.

Arthea

It's been a month since those 2K sales are going.

I was sure you'll like it (><)

If by apple you mean that at first it was a really sour granny smith, then yes. Then it definitely got ripe becoming a pretty tasteful experience, and finally it rotted becoming uncontrollably full of unwanted "guests". As for the future, yeah... I guess sadness is spot on.
it's a bit deeper than that, but includes your theory too.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like I've found the perfect play vs. buy balance on Steam. I've been stuck on a 32 % avg. game completion rate since forever

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's open-world?

I'm not sure how it's structured. Judging from the description the game is set entirely within "the Tower of Akenash", but it could be interconnected a la, say, Castlevania or Metroid rather than split between individual levels. It's definitely not a sprawling world like AssCreed proper or Mordor, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rebellion ain't fucking around with this Sniper Elite 3 DLC, 10 DLC packs of all sorts of stuff, guns, mission, Hitler killing,, kind of a little scummy that there are like 4 sniper rifles in the game but about dozen in all the DLC packs they're selling.

The sniper rifles barely feel any different so I wouldn't worry about it.

FloatOn

I'm so excited that I get to play video games tomorrow. All of you that don't have school + work + getting divorced stuff going on... never lose appreciation for how glorious video game time is.

I expect that we'll be able to get xcom complete for $10 by year's end. I played the original campaign on the ps3 and have been wanting to replay it with enemy within so in hanging there with you.

IIRC EU, EW, and the Bureau were on sale as a three pack for about $10 during one of the summer daily flashes, so you should be able to pick it up during the winter sale for the same price or lower. I put 70 hours into EW, it really adds a ton to the experience

Chariot

I just finished the Banner Saga after 6 hours. Apparently I was stuck at the bossfight. This is much shorter than I anticipated. Maybe I was lucky and got a really short route, I'll see how my second playthrough looks. There is something that happened and is still bothering me. The game didn't give me any answer on that. I guess other decisions will give me one eventually.

In any case I look forward to the sequel, amazing game in every aspect. Literally, the only thing that bothered me was that the map was loading so long. Even longer than starting the game or any other loading screen.

Haunted

Did I dream about seeing a Hellgate game on Steam Greenlight?

Styx: Master of Shadow seems pretty neat (thanks to ReaperXL7 for the heads up). I'd say it's basically AssCreed with a stronger emphasis on stealth as opposed to general action.

Edit: Didn't realise it already has a store page.
Heads up that this is from the same studio that made the Game of Thrones RPG and of Orcs and Men, so given their history, you can expect solid graphics with hokey voice-acting and janky-ass mechanics that aren't too ambitious.

I just finished the Banner Saga after 6 hours. Apparently I was stuck at the bossfight. This is much shorter than I anticipated. Maybe I was lucky and got a really short route, I'll see how my second playthrough looks. There is something that happened and is still bothering me. The game didn't give me any answer on that. I guess other decisions will give me one eventually.

In any case I look forward to the sequel, amazing game in every aspect. Literally, the only thing that bothered me was that the map was loading so long. Even longer than starting the game or any other loading screen.
Considering the budget, size of the dev team and the plan to make it a trilogy from the start, it actually turned out to be a lot longer than I had anticipated.

But yeah, what they've delivered is a grand experience and I'm excited to see where the story goes from there.

derExperte

It seems like I've found the perfect play vs. buy balance on Steam. I've been stuck on a 32 % avg. game completion rate since forever

41% now, new goal 45. It's a meaningless number and I won't keep playing games I don't enjoy (or boost it via SAM) but I can't deny the satisfaction of seeing the number rise after finishing games I haven't touch in ages.

Deques

41% now, new goal 45. It's a meaningless number and I won't keep playing games I don't enjoy (or boost it via SAM) but I can't deny the satisfaction of seeing the number rise after finishing games I haven't touch in ages.

Also at 41% now. I want to increase it, but to do that I must not start new games and only unlock 1 or 2 achievements. It will only decrease my completion rate

You are too fast,
or I'm too slow
I'm 6 hours in and just started chapter 4.

Any european folk here got Naruto UNS 3 and wanna play ? I just picked up the game but I don't know what the hell I am doing.

At least in Tekken I could mash the buttons and still rek people.

Chariot

Considering the budget, size of the dev team and the plan to make it a trilogy from the start, it actually turned out to be a lot longer than I had anticipated.

But yeah, what they've delivered is a grand experience and I'm excited to see where the story goes from there.
I googled after the average playtime and the first result spoke about 12+. Maybe some people just read very slowly.

I am curious about how they handle the different decisions, wether they will take the old decisions or if there is a canon route. I hope the former of course.
You are too fast,
or I'm too slow
I'm 6 hours in and just started chapter 4.
Lightspeed \o\

Any european folk here got Naruto UNS 3 and wanna play ? I just picked up the game but I don't know what the hell I am doing.

At least in Tekken I could mash the buttons and still rek people.

UNS3 isnt really a balanced game. The ultimate Naruto is OP and the character roster is totally unbalanced.

So dont worry if you dont have a clue what you are doing. I would suggest playing the storymode for a bit first.

Haunted

I googled after the average playtime and the first result spoke about 12+. Maybe some people just read very slowly.

I am curious about how they handle the different decisions, wether they will take the old decisions or if there is a canon route. I hope the former of course.Lightspeed \o\
Your team makeup can vary so wildly, it can't be reduced to a handful of options like Mass Effect or Walking Dead.

Either they just straight-up use your save from Episode 1 or have a timeskip with various new characters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Disclaimer: I don't know if this will work, hence the garbage rule. When Valve removed Talisman: Digital Edition from my account, I was told that I can "use the key how I wish", which suggests that it can be registered to a different account; however, in an effort to confirm this, I did the "I remember the product code I used" trick and still received an e-mail. My gut feeling is that Steam will still say it's a dupe, but it's entirely possible that, despite the decoupling, my account history at Valve's end still shows that I registered the key, hence it triggering the e-mail. I apologise in advance if it's used, but at least claiming it won't impose a throttle period.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-DFAB92BE00013402 - Taken by derExperte

Deques

Disclaimer: I don't know if this will work, hence the garbage rule. When Valve removed Talisman: Digital Edition from my account, I was told that I can "use the key how I wish", which suggests that it can be registered to a different account; however, in an effort to confirm this, I did the "I remember the product code I used" trick and still received an e-mail. My gut feeling is that Steam will still say it's a dupe, but it's entirely possible that, despite the decoupling, my account history at Valve's end still shows that I registered the key, hence it triggering the e-mail. I apologise in advanced if it's used, but at least claiming it won't impose a throttle period.

Why no Gold Edition :)

derExperte

Disclaimer: I don't know if this will work, hence the garbage rule. When Valve removed Talisman: Digital Edition from my account, I was told that I can "use the key how I wish", which suggests that it can be registered to a different account; however, in an effort to confirm this, I did the "I remember the product code I used" trick and still received an e-mail. My gut feeling is that Steam will still say it's a dupe, but it's entirely possible that, despite the decoupling, my account history at Valve's end still shows that I registered the key, hence it triggering the e-mail. I apologise in advanced if it's used, but at least claiming it won't impose a throttle period.

Your gut feeling has betrayed you, the key totally did work, thanks. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
TOMORROW
image.php
image.php

WATCH AS STEAM-GAF LEGENDS GUNSTARHEROES AKA THE HUNIEPOP HARBINGER TAKES ON THE ELUSIVE AND MYSTERIOUS CHEDDAHZ IN THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING CHALLENGE THIS SIDE OF DARK SOULS
tumblr_inline_n9j5eeqzCU1r0208w.png

THE FIRST ANNUAL HATOFUL BOYFRIEND COLD TURKEY SPEEDRUN!
WHICH ONE OF US TRULY KNOWS THE CALL OF THE PIDGEON? FIND OUT AT 4PM EST TOMORROW
57_large.jpg

CHEDDAHZ'S TWITCH STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito
GUNSTARHEROES'S TWITCH STREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/gunstarheroes7

THE COUNTDOWN:
t1409860800z1.png
this is going to be so hype

Chariot

Your team makeup can vary so wildly, it can't be reduced to a handful of options like Mass Effect or Walking Dead.

Either they just straight-up use your save from Episode 1 or have a timeskip with various new characters.
Well, the most important thing would be
Alette or Rook. The others have to tend to their own duties or easily just declared all alive or all dead. In fact, that could be an interesting grade of difficulty: the more difficult, the more people are dead - or you have your own difficulty with your save state.

Was meant to be a 3 hour thing but only an hour left now. Saw the modbot pm late.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-A5F6C0CD38F7A493 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 30 entrants total.

t1409837275z1.png

rickyson1

hopefully this works,got error messages saying the keys are used in previous giveaways but not taken because I got 5 pms when modbot came back up from trying so many times to make it work

it's the most recent pm though so it should be fine hopefully

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Time Gentlemen Please! & Ben There, Dan That! -- MB-90C07DD366EDB276 - Taken by jfredsilva
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-B9E76E4B4C4F2EFF - Taken by Patison
Ys Origin -- MB-8830B79F75A18ABB - Taken by default two
8BitBoy -- MB-208493E3D7C562CF - Taken by xBladeM6x
Syberia II -- MB-B744EC9272207292 - Taken by WisK
Syberia -- MB-4FAAB7836CBDDF49 - Taken by nja
Cubetractor -- MB-4AFC6DC850757593 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Abyss - The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-0415989B5D271E8F - Taken by darkchewie
One Way Heroics -- MB-AAD55D663F305837 - Taken by wetflame

I can almost guarantee you that Skyrim will be on sale on christmas, Legendary probably too.
At this point I'm pretty sure I can guess 95% of all daily deals during the christmas sale

Wait. Wait wait wait. Hellgate? THAT Hellgate`?

Yeah its been running for a few years. I still have an account somehow but the last time I tried it it was still unplayable on any Windows above XP. The game runs in compatibility mode and you can log in but the timing is just messed up.

Arthea

Also at 41% now. I want to increase it, but to do that I must not start new games and only unlock 1 or 2 achievements. It will only decrease my completion rate

How do you even manage that?
I was stuck on 25% for more than a year, now I'm up to 28%, but 41 seems totally unattainable for me

Deques

How do you even manage that?
I was stuck on 25% for more than a year, now I'm up to 28%, but 41 seems totally unattainable for me

Never start to play new games. One achievement unlocked will decrease the completion rate. Go back to the games you already have started and start unlocking the achievements. Start with the game that you have the lowest achievement unlock rate.

I will assure you that you will increase your completion rate in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom