• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a spreadsheet now and going back through my list of Steam games and remembering which ones I've played (and which I've idled). For the games with achievements, I'm looking at the achievement pages and looking for the "You beat the game" achievement and putting the date in the spreadsheet. For the other games I've beat on Steam that don't have achievements, I'm looking in the client under "date last played" and going by that.

I won't be able to track number of hours played completing the game for this year, but next year I'll add that column to my spreadsheet.

I think it's a pretty neat idea, this spreadsheet is turning into a bit of a "gaming journal" for me, and it's fun to look back over the games I've beat this year and remember them fondly.

The spreadsheet is probably enough for you but backloggery.com is a really good site for keeping track of games you've played/beaten. That and howlongtobeat.com are both good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, question.

If I released an MP component of my game as F2P, then made the campaign DLC you could buy in the future, approximating shareware within Steam's systems...

how well do you think that would work out?

History isn't on your side here, unfortunately. Unturned is the only F2P indie game that comes to mind as having done well for itself.

So, question.

If I released an MP component of my game as F2P, then made the campaign DLC you could buy in the future, approximating shareware within Steam's systems...

how well do you think that would work out?

Word of caution: Tom Bissell is writing it.
Tom Bissel? I'm not that good with devs names. Any exemples of thingd he has written?

EDIT: oh fuck, he co-writen The Room D:
EDIT2: my mistake. he wrote a book about the movie, not the movie itself. sorry :p

Patison

I hope someone wants it :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Patison:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Patison, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -- MB-960E34448AA29366 - Taken by DocSeuss. 1 entrants total.

t1409675920z1.png

Monooboe

Oh I'm so happy! I got an HDMI over cat5 extender so now I can have my computer hooked up to the TV in a whole another room. Also Steam Big Picture mode has this awesome setting where you can say which screen it should start in and the games start in it also, so you can still have the monitor as the primary screen for everything else.

fantomena

Playing that Star Citizen free weekend arena thing now. Game runs suprisingly smooth on very high. I say suprisingly because I know the game is far from done and was worried about lots of lagg and stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The spreadsheet is probably enough for you but backloggery.com is a really good site for keeping track of games you've played/beaten. That and howlongtobeat.com are both good.

I've looked into backloggery but for now I think I'll stick with a simple spreadsheet. From now on when I record the times in my spreadsheet, I'll probably also submit them to HowLongToBeat.

I'm also not sure if I should count things like Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 and Episode 2 on the "games I beat this year" list. I mean, I did finish the DLC but I also just beat Bioshock Infinite this year in April. So I'm torn.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've looked into backloggery but for now I think I'll stick with a simple spreadsheet. From now on when I record the times in my spreadsheet, I'll probably also submit them to HowLongToBeat.

I'm also not sure if I should count things like Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 and Episode 2 on the "games I beat this year" list. I mean, I did finish the DLC but I also just beat Bioshock Infinite this year in April. So I'm torn.
They are both longer than full games, they count.

Porcupine

Enjoy these great adventure games =)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Porcupine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syberia 2 -- MB-E3D2B8A539B20249 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Still Life 2 -- MB-0E3FE7D0985E0016 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Still Life -- MB-9264C4F4E0D3A939 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-8FEC0B11499D3972 - Taken by wagamer. 4 entrants total.

t1409686240z1.png

Articalys

Just hit the 200 unboxing mark.

75 in tf2
75 in dota2
50 in cs:go

Not a single unusual or knife.

I hate you valve.
Speaking as someone who opened dozens of Pokemon TGC booster packs back in the day hoping for rare cards, I understand your frustration and you have my sympathy.

Ezalc

Speaking as someone who opened dozens of Pokemon TGC booster packs back in the day hoping for rare cards, I understand your frustration and you have my sympathy.

As somebody who saw a friend once open a Pokemon TCG booster pack to find two EX pokemon, while I've never gotten any. I understand the rage going on here.

Arthea

oh, opening booster packs (especially for card games) is my favourite pastime, as I yet to get any rare card, true story
well almost true, some have rare cards in them by design choice, although even then I manage to get useless ones.

Hopefully that makes you, my unlucky brethren, feel better

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They are both longer than full games, they count.

Awesome. I finished them back to back though which I think was about 6 hours total, so I'm just going to count it as 1 game towards the 52. :)

I think I have my Steam games all listed out now, I'm at 33 completed so far on Steam this year. I still need to list out the Android, 3DS, and Wii U games I've beat so far this year but if I had to guess I'm probably at about 45 total at this point. I think I can easily finish 52 by December.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh, opening booster packs (especially for card games) is my favourite pastime, as I yet to get any rare card, true story
well almost true, some have rare cards in them by design choice, although even then I manage to get useless ones.

Hopefully that makes you, my unlucky brethren, feel better

I'd say I've opened at least two dozen boosters, in which case I'm sitting at 1:24+ (foil drops:booster unpacks).

Arthea

I'd say I've opened at least two dozen boosters, in which case I'm sitting at 1:24+ (foil drops:booster unpacks).

In my eyes, you are one of luckiest persons I know, maybe that's why.
I got 0 foils from booster packs still, ya, all time

xBladeM6x

Serious question. Is Banner Saga honestly that good? The art style always caught my attention but I don't think I want to drop the cash on it just yet. x_x

Arthea

Serious question. Is Banner Saga honestly that good? The art style always caught my attention but I don't think I want to drop the cash on it just yet. x_x

IDK, I managed to be disappointed by it, but then again I expected too much, perhaps, just to throw in some different perspective, as in general steamgaf seems to like it.
I find it slow and story not captivating enough to continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom