• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caramba
MvC Inf plays nice and I like Jedah in it, need to practice with him more though
But geez the UI and music are terrible.
The graphics I can deal with esp. coming from KoF14 but it doesn't have the same pazzaz that UMvC3 had.

It really is terrible. I love the gameplay alot and the story is ok so far but everything around the gameplay feels like an independent game made by devoted MVC fans who got capcom and marvels permission. It just feels so amateurish at times.

Though looking at Monster Hunter World, I wonder how much of a budget MVC:I even got in the first place.

Annubis

Back in Windows XP where you could run an HTML document as your wallpaper, I used to have the ZoE2 intro running has a background flash video looping infinitely.

Good times.

I seriously miss active desktop.

Tizoc

Does Steam Cleaner crash for anyone else? It's been crashing on me at startup for months now and I can't use it :s

I forgot to buy the Humble SteamGAF Bundle. Bad news is the lost of money I could've made selling the cards. Good news of course is that my Library is almost lewd-free.

BTA tier would be a must if I didn't already have SoM and Oxenfree. Oh well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon Souls -- MB-5C7017B0A64D375F - Taken by Ludens. 16 entrants total.

t1505855149z1.png

Eila

Back in Windows XP where you could run an HTML document as your wallpaper, I used to have the ZoE2 intro running has a background flash video looping infinitely.

Good times.

I seriously miss active desktop.

I remember having a bunch of kof sprites in the background.

Monooboe

Ah I am happy the rumour turned out to be true, going in for 10 dollar tier, I've had Death Road to Canada and Beat Cop in my Wishlist awhile now. Also wanted to try out Neon Chrome, heard it was quite good?

MaxiLive

More keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Citizens of Earth -- MB-BC710ACFD5CD69D5 - Taken by Large Professor
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-B4FE886B8C1BDC4D - Taken by TheGreenArrow

Ladekabel

I can unlock the 80$ content if I add only 70$!

Will probably go for the 10$ tier. It has the only games I'm interested in.

Also considering buying me one of those Steam Controllers. Can any fellow Germans tell me how much it is on Steam if it is on sale? I tried to buy it once but was put off by the high shipping price. And is it plug & play on a Macbook?

Monooboe

I can unlock the 80$ content if I add only 70$!

Will probably go for the 10$ tier. It has the only games I'm interested in.

Also considering buying me one of those Steam Controllers. Can any fellow Germans tell me how much it is on Steam if it is on sale? I tried to buy it once but was put off by the high shipping price. And is it plug & play on a Macbook?

I'm in Finland and I just recently bought it during the sale, the shipping should be around the same right? It cost me 54€. And I only use it on a MacBook Pro, it actually works quite good, I had some problems the first day but seems to be gone now, there have been some steam patches and firmware updates. Only "problem" I have with it is that it seems I have to start a game in steam big picture mode to use it.

Nabs

I'm in Finland and I just recently bought it during the sale, the shipping should be around the same right? It cost me 54€. And I only use it on a MacBook Pro, it actually works quite good, I had some problems the first day but seems to be gone now, there have been some steam patches and firmware updates. Only "problem" I have with it is that it seems I have to start a game in steam big picture mode to use it.

If you go into Settings > In-Game, you can disable the BPM overlay when you launch a game from the desktop. You can edit the controller config by right clicking the game in your library.

Monooboe

If you go into Settings > In-Game, you can disable the BPM overlay when you launch a game from the desktop. You can edit the controller config by right clicking the game in your library.

Ah it seems to work better now! Not sure why it refused to work before. But it feels little different still now, like in Slime Rancher the trackpad to look around it "mouse" like and quite nice, but now that I tried it felt more like a trackball but the setting still say mouse, weird.o_O

Madn

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Neon Chrome -- MB-9F2C57734E429901 - Taken by voodooray

Nabs

Ah it seems to work better now! Not sure why it refused to work before. But it feels little different still now, like in Slime Rancher the trackpad to look around it "mouse" like and quite nice, but now that I tried it felt more like a trackball but the setting still say mouse, weird.o_O

Maybe the config got reset? The default one by the developers has some weird trackpad settings. I recommend increasing the sensitivity and inverting the vertical axis (both options are right there when you click on the trackpad). Adding Jump and Sprint to the paddles is also nice.

Tonton

"survival action shooter" doesn`t interest me too much but Left Alive seems to have mechas so maybe I should keep my eyes on it
Zone of the Enders 2 coming steam is great news i thought it was just some vr thing for ps4 at first

When`s Gundam tho

Installing Back to Bed now, thanks for the heads up! Getting into a bit of a puzzle-platform fix at the mo, finally making my way through Limbo, and am eyeing up Little Nightmares on the GoG sale too..

Xater

"survival action shooter" doesn`t interest me too much but Left Alive seems to have mechas so maybe I should keep my eyes on it
Zone of the Enders 2 coming steam is great news i thought it was just some vr thing for ps4 at first

When`s Gundam tho

What was that Gundam VS like game that Bamco brought to PC? It was not as good and no one played it so they shut it down. They should just bring Gundam VS to PC. I'd pick it up.

Ladekabel

Wait, the Oddworld game that everyone is giving away is not the remake? Little bummer.

Thanks for the input!

Monooboe

Hmh Diablo 3 seems to be quite playable with the Steam controller, still might not fully reliable for higher difficulties but maybe I can get into Diablo 3 again... send help!

Maybe the config got reset? The default one by the developers has some weird trackpad settings. I recommend increasing the sensitivity and inverting the vertical axis (both options are right there when you click on the trackpad). Adding Jump and Sprint to the paddles is also nice.

I tried to start the game multiple ways and the difference was clear, not sure why, maybe it has something to do with how the controller works in desktop mode?

Thanks for the input!

No problem! It might not be as plug and play and fully compatible in games like regular controller but I really do like, also to be able to play games like Civ and cRPGs is huge!

Xater

Watched some City if Brass footage. It looks quite promising. The last time I really enjoyed a first person roguelike was Eldritch, but this one is giving me the itch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-D071889485381E53 - Taken by Demon Lizardman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom