• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm noticing in GAF lately that if you talk rationally rather than being part of an angry mob you're seen as a fanboy.

I'm noticing in GAF lately that if you talk rationally rather than being part of an angry mob you're seen as a fanboy.

That is something a fanboy would say...
giphy.gif

Lain

That's the only way it works, no? Unless there is a "complete edition" or something like that.

Well you have separate keys so I dont know how it would be possible with modbot to do it all together.

You can put more than a single key into a single giveaway. You can put at least 3, each key separated by a space. I have no idea if you can do more.

I guess it's something new and just something neglected out of the ModBot tutorial.

Never heard of doing it that way.

It's actually old, I've been using the multiple keys in a line when giving away games+dlcs for a while. I was sure it was in the tutorial but I couldn't find it at a glance so I guess it's just that Stump mentioned the thing in one of the old threads and never put it in the tutorial.

Tizoc

I guess it's something new and just something neglected out of the ModBot tutorial.

Never heard of doing it that way.

Butt next manth's Hamble Manthly!!

Oh yeah that. Well it's around USD 11 actually on CDKeys. Gotta see what if it is cheaper in GBP or EUR...

This reminds me of a panel from Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts where Osborn tells Radioactive Man that people don't want to understand anything.

Tizoc

Yo hold up EUR 7.39 for Doom 2016 is too good a price for me to pass up.

So seriously, is Ken coming to PC or is it still only announced as a console only release?

I was always singing along with this

Sadly the chances of a PC release are pretty slim but hey if Yakuza Zero and Shenmue 1+2 release in coming months on Steam, you people better be gifting that shit just to show to SEGA there is a market for Nagoshi's greatness on Steam.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
New NVIDIA update out

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta.

Game Ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta.

Deques

I have no idea what you mean? If you don't have the DLC try and win it. If you want the DLC and the main game go for both.

All you have to do to include multiple keys in modbot is:

Outrun 2006 (Plus Blur DLC) - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX YYYY-YYYY-YYYY

This, and also your giveaway is not free for all, meaning you can't enter multiple entries. It also disqualifies you from the giveaway entirely

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Arminsc

Well, I picked up Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn in spite of having nabbed Original Sin 2 earlier in the week. I imagine I'll finally get to it some time next year, LOL.

But cripes that OST for Synthetic Dawn. I really wish the music composed for DLC were folded into base-game Soundtrack owners.

One of the latest tracks is INSANE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGXDYWCyoY

That break around the 2:30 mark is beast.

Fuck, you just made me buy it, even when I just started DOS2 last weekend and probably won't be able to touch stellaris till christmas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
apparently im not the only one that hasnt been following Evil Within 2 at all lol.

And I dont even mean that as a jab at the game, I actually loved the first and Im kinda interested in the second.

Tizoc

Well seeing as someone's gonna bring it up eventually anyways.
The chubby ol' British bloke started a new Youtube series.

Hektor

That's weird. What about Paradox owning the World of Darkness IP? Does this mean that Obsidian won't be doing anything with that?

I'd think this publishing deal doesn't mean they can't continue their partnership with Paradox on other projects, but it's implying that Obsidian would rather not if they can avoid it.
Guess we'll see

I've barely been tracking the game and new this. Though it's not like Grand Theft Auto or anything. It's more a decent sized middle hub. That you can explore if you want (mainly for more items).

I haven't been tracking the game at all outside the reveal trailer. It really lessened my interest, even if it's just a hub. I'm just tired of absolutely every game needing exploration and sidequets. I wanted TEW2 to be another linear action-horror romp like the first one.

Okay now I am interested.

yOu aRe tHe rEASoN VIDeOgAmeS arE BaD

Thanks for the clarifications. It still sounds like PoE might be more my thing if it has a bigger story focus but I'll probably still grab D:OS eventually. I would've probably been a little disappointed by it if I had gone in expecting a great, epic RPG story. So it's better that I know ahead of time not to expect one. I've looked at some videos and the combat system does look pretty great, though.

FWIW, I think D:OS1's story/writing is a bit underrated. The story itself is actually quite epic. The stakes are pretty huge, concerning the actual gods of the world and all of that.

And the moment to moment writing is quite good. The dialogue is always clever and witty. But that's the double edged sword- it's *always* clever and witty, even in the moments where things should be to the point and blunt. The voice acting they added in the EE is really good and gives the dialogue a lot of flair when you hear it being spoken.

The game also does a good job at linking quite a few of the tons and tons of sidequests into what's happening in the main story which is always a plus in my book. There is a constant feeling of discovery as you put the various threads together on what is happening in each large area and start to see the big picture.

OS1 also does something pretty unique with the party that I've never seen before. You are actually creating two PCs at the start instead of one and, if you so choose, you can role play each individually. It's a lot of fun to play them at opposite ends of the spectrum. It even includes a silly rock paper scissors mechanic (which can be skipped if you want) to resolve disputes when the two PCs don't agree.

In short, OS1 is truly notable for its incredible combat system and environmental interactions but there is still some meat to the story and characters to the point where i don't think the game should be ignored on that merit.

Sarcasm

Are there story connections to Heist at all? I haven't played it yet, but did play through Dig semi recently.

If there is any connection, its probably to SW Dig the first one.

I need to beat both. I beat the first one on the VITA or 3DS don't remember which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom