• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rockin' Ranger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-54D47882857DA055 - Taken by FLD. 40 entrants total.

t1506145157z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rockin' Ranger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The New Order -- MB-B726EF49E863343F - Taken by alr1ght. 37 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood -- MB-B4C449B4E9DF8E8C - Taken by illusionary. 39 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-B005FEB4DE4E7EB8 - Taken by chadskin. 1 entrants total.
ABZU -- MB-4AF691544498A142 - Taken by MaxiLive. 23 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-E3AE72D8AB95DFA4 - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
Brigador -- MB-48F7AE3A817557CF - Taken by The Dear Leader. 18 entrants total.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-95CDFFF04F50DD7D - Taken by Madventure. 7 entrants total.
Darkest Dungeon -- MB-C4D32ECCA77EB9FA - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 42 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -- MB-567976E329BC4450 - Taken by kionedrik. 42 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-67AAA952869B07E2 - Taken by Orakio Rob. 4 entrants total.
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-CCB97793DDDBCEBD - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Grim Dawn -- MB-C607C584F6DE3C9F - Taken by KainXVIII. 21 entrants total.
Headlander -- MB-8FECA7FE8435D028 - Taken by Cels. 17 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-0A15170406408914 - Taken by MissChief. 17 entrants total.

Life is Strange -- MB-8867957CB65452BF - Taken by Sarcasm. 12 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-17DC908D5871D40A
Party Hard -- MB-67A508B23B01FC01 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Root Double Before Crime * After Days -- MB-3BBAC5ABE01EE49C
SpeedRunners -- MB-642105B20FC84EC4 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-46327FBDB0C5F61D - Taken by oni-link. 2 entrants total.
Submerged -- MB-EB342D41C0184327 - Taken by NingenJanai
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings -- MB-0903A53FA5B4C777 - Taken by laserlaser. 4 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-AC3D40DE7724A699 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-BFDF2FD3C3082817
UnderRail -- MB-C86B78AE32561DF3 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 11 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-8B4D8597E4471D94 - Taken by Mike Bison
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-301D444F09D42BCC - Taken by Accoun. 7 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.02 -- MB-5B6B8C64197BE98B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-810A75934FA452B3 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Ziggurat -- MB-B2C152496115C285 - Taken by kevin1025. 4 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-921E0616B3BEE409 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
fault milestone two side:above -- MB-4271B7F169A7E109 - Taken by Ludens. 8 entrants total.

t1506145341z1.png

This has nothing to do with Steam, but I just came across this Frank Zappa interview from 1983 and thought it was great:

JOYSTIK: Why did you consent to this interview?

FRANK: Because I don't have anything against video games and I do have something against people who keep kids from playing them.

JOYSTIK: Do you ever play them?

FRANK: No, but I love to listen to them. I like rooms full of that sound. It's a very interesting environment. When I was coming back from my European tour I had a layover in New York. I went into the video-game room at the airport and walked around with a tape recorder, recording the whole room going at once. Then I listened to it on earphones on the plane home. It was great. But I'm not interested in "plooking" buttons and blowing things up.

JOYSTIK: Do you think it fritters away quarters that could be better spent elsewhere?

FRANK: No, it's entertainment, and you have to pay for it. You just have to decide if the quarter you spend on a video game is worth the amount of fun you get out of it.

JOYSTIK: How about its effect on poorer families?

FRANK: If you had to choose between spending the afternoon in an unpleasant house with a bunch of other kids, where the family argues all the time, and the air conditioning doesn't work, even if you're poor you're gonna find the quarters to go play video games. If you don't have the quarters, you're gonna go hang out there so you can mooch a game from somebody or at least talk to someone, which will make you feel better.

That's the other thing about a video-game parlor: it's a gathering place, which lends a sociology to it that transcends what the games are. And if you're good at video games, it's okay to be smart. An arcade is one place where it's okay to show some intelligence.
FRANK: I'll tell you the only problem with video games – the mentality of the people who are scared of them. Parents who won't let their kids play them. That's the crux of the biscuit.
FRANK: Listen. I don't like puzzles. I don't do games, don't do sports, don't do chess or checkers, don't do pingpong. I don't jog. But I think everybody should do that stuff if they want to. Same with video games. Any kind of electronic device that a kid can become friends with is good.

As cheap as I am, and as much as I try to wait for bundles, etc., I realize it's important to actually support cool games and good devs once in a while. I decided to do that here with Fight'N Rage - a new beat-em-up on Steam.

My very early impressions (also posted in the OT):

It's a small file (200+ MB) and installed quickly. Needless to say, it runs perfectly on my laptop. It starts off with filters to make the game look more like an old arcade game - I disabled all of them because I'm never going to feel like I'm at an arcade when I'm playing from my couch on a laptop, ya know?

This is definitely the long lost cousin of all those '80s arcade beat-em-ups, and there are branching paths right off the bat, which is cool. You can choose to "escape" at the beginning, which takes you on a completely different path.

Gameplay and controls are rock solid. This is as polished as any arcade beat-em-up from the '80s/'90s. If I had to pin down an art style, I'd say it reminds me of the old TMNT arcade game. One of the characters, Gal (an homage to Final Fight's Guy and possibly a nod to "Wonder Woman" Gal Gadot), has a very silly bouncing boob animation, lol.

If I had to nitpick anything, I don't love the backgrounds...yet. I'm still very early into the game though.

There's no game save, so you can't jump right back into the stage you were on (wouldn't surprise me if there ends up being a code for this though, or a fan patch). There's also no online play - local multiplayer only - but I'm one of the few people who doesn't care about that.

Sound effects are really nice - some cool little details, like the clang clang of a pipe as you hit someone with it.

You can also unlock stuff as you progress (different modes, etc.).

Most games promise the nostalgic retro arcade experience, but Fight'N Rage actually delivers it!

As much as I don't mind spending 60 bucks on a game, Danganronpa is not something I wanna spend that much on. I like the series but I'm gonna wait for the price drop.

Ladekabel

I'm watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look for CSD2 and Dan is playing it with a controller. This looks like a bad way to play the game.

prudislav

More Senran Kagura teased
Speaking of the recently-teased Senran Kagura 7EVEN, Takaki-san also confirmed that the game is going to be for PS4 initially, but he would like to launch it on PC as well, as for now on he’d like to release more game on Steam.

Asked whether we could see Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash on PC, Takaki-san confirmed that he’d like to do it. On the other hand, while he’d like to try porting it on Xbox One as well, but the team isn’t big, so that’s going to be a bit difficult for now.
https://www.dualshockers.com/senran-kagura-xbox-one-pc/

zkylon

zkylewd
Prey story are audio logs and emails. It pushes you to explore and read about the crew and events on Talos. There are some great stories about crew and their life on station and relationships. They even tied treasure hunt to one interesting thing :D Also that way of world building is not something new for Arkane.
yeah i don't think none of this is bad in itself, i'm just a bit tired of it

feels like going through the motions, the moment they set you up into that big lobby and they say ok the world is yours, go explore kind of made me want to go play actual bioshock

Prey is usd 20 over at cdkeys last i checked
that is a pretty neat price. for that much it seems pretty sensible to grab it

Ohh man, I loved the start of the game. I knew I was in for something special when I could just lift and toss most of the incidental items in the apartment. I thought the intro sequence was incredible, definitely a memorable moment for me even though I played through the game early in the year.
idk i thought the tone was so weird, you know what it reminded me of?

like cabin in the woods

like knowing that this all is obviously going to go to shit but they ones making the movie are playing along pretending this is some campy teenager slasher movie shit

i did REALLY like the whole feet thing

that bit was great

I'm not one for audiologs and e-mails and all that, but where I find Prey is effective in this regard is that no one is just a generic NPC. Every single person you come across is named and tracked, so the namedrops and invasions of privacy were more effective. Also the way the game does videologs is so cool.
yeah, i did catch that. i'm not sure if that's good or bad yet, it's kind of neat piecing scenes together without having much information, but on the other hand having a name might not ruin that and open up space to tell other stories, so don't have a sure opinion on it other than it's kinda neat

one thing i want "spoiled" cos it sort of happened and i'm not sure what the hell was going on (game bugged out on me quite a few times so not sure):
at one point during the lobby i overheard like typical system shock/bioshock ghosts talking. i couldn't see them but i followed the sound and what i found was one of those phantom dudes, which saw me and started chasing me and i ran and lost track of the talking ghosts. after a while i was wondering if maybe those phantoms are like walking audiologs you have to sneak behind of to hear their story?
cos if that's the case, that sounds RAD

What's the highest peak for a game? I imagine it's for LoL
probably, concurrent peak for league was 7.5million in 2014

idk how much it has grown since. could be lower too, riot at some point was like ok there's no point to this cos who cares and stopped giving away numbers

Battlechili

Banned
I don't see anything wrong with the price tag. Its a brand new quality video game from a major well established game company.
Danganronpa V3, if the demo was any indication, is well worth the $60. Also I'd be willing to bet that on release, it will be discounted to like $53 or something.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'm not sure what I should do. Blue Reflection and Danganronpa V3 come out on the same day. I'm not sure if I wanna spend $120 all at once, nor am I sure that I have the time to play both games in any significant capacity at the same time.

cyba89

Why is everyone so surprised about Danganronpa price? It releases the same day as on PS4 so of course you pay full price for it. This is not a 3-year late port.

Tizoc

I don't see anything wrong with the price tag. Its a brand new quality video game from a major well established game company.
Danganronpa V3, if the demo was any indication, is well worth the $60. Also I'd be willing to bet that on release, it will be discounted to like $53 or something.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'm not sure what I should do. Blue Reflection and Danganronpa V3 come out on the same day. I'm not sure if I wanna spend $120 all at once, nor am I sure that I have the time to play both games in any significant capacity at the same time.

See if they're on Humblebundle.com and get them off of there. You can make some instore credit at least.

AHA-Lambda

Why is everyone so surprised about Danganronpa price? It releases the same day as on PS4 so of course you pay full price for it. This is not a 3-year late port.

Well, it's particularly worse here for the UK anyway; this puts it even more expensive than AC Origins or CoD WW2, Wolf 2, TEW 2 etc

Cels

so a few weeks ago gamestop was selling pc games physical games super cheap -- a clearance sale for games like song of the deep, battlefield 4, watch dogs, etc, for under a dollar

i placed an order for bf4 and it was in limbo for a few weeks, then it got canceled because they ran out of stock, not a big deal.

but just now i got an email from gamestop asking to me to review battlefield 4, even though they canceled my order. yes, automated system and all that, but they aren't doing themselves any favors here.

Battlechili

Banned
None of the past Danganronpa games were full price titles
None of the past Danganronpa games were released day one on major consoles. All previous releases were either late and/or on handhelds, which historically have a natural lower price point even on big name games (typically $40 if I remember correctly)

so a few weeks ago gamestop was selling pc games physical games super cheap -- a clearance sale for games like song of the deep, battlefield 4, watch dogs, etc, for under a dollar

i placed an order for bf4 and it was in limbo for a few weeks, then it got canceled because they ran out of stock, not a big deal.

but just now i got an email from gamestop asking to me to review battlefield 4, even though they canceled my order. yes, automated system and all that, but they aren't doing themselves any favors here.

Hah, I just got that myself. It asked me to review Watch_Dogs even though that was one of the games they sold out of and I didn't get.

Nabs

$60 is one thing, but the people complaining are talking about $67-72 USD. That's quite a bit of money for any game.

Hektor

None of the past Danganronpa games were released day one on major consoles. All previous releases were either late and/or on handhelds, which historically have a natural lower price point even on big name games (typically $40 if I remember correctly)

But V3 is also a late release and still a handheld game at its core.

Battlechili

Banned
But V3 is also a late release and still a handheld game at its core.
When I say late I mean as in ported at a later date after the Western release had already happened. The PC and PS4 versions of DR1, 2, and UDG came a while after the Vita and PSP releases had already happened.

Knurek

Ucchedavāda;249687678 said:
I can't speak for other regions, but €60 (~$72) is the standard for full-priced games here.

For Steam, unfortunately.
Retail is at about 150-180 PLN, so €35-42.

Hektor

The (presumably) last part of DOS is kinda souring me on the game right now.
Have around 10 quests and cant at all find a way to progress any of them.

When I say late I mean as in ported at a later date after the Western release had already happened. The PC and PS4 versions of DR1, 2, and UDG came a while after the Vita and PSP releases had already happened.

But those releases weren't full price either.

There's just been no precedent for a full priced danganronpa title and i don't see why there just being a console version should make it full priced when the actual production value of the game is still the same.

Zeneric

That feeling when you have too many games in your library and you can't find a game from Steam you want to buy and play (my Steam wallet just sitting there being unused).

For Steam, unfortunately.
Retail is at about 150-180 PLN, so €35-42.

That's a good point. Looking at a large retail chain in this country, Shadow of War is ~ €44 and Fractured But Whole is and ~ €52, compared to €59.95 on Steam. I should be paying closer attention to that in the future.

gngf123

Finally picked up Vampire: The Masquerade. Hopefully I get the chance to play it before the essential RPG thread voting closes.

Zeneric

Looks like I'm buying Darkwood. Reminds me of Dreamweb (from the 90's) which I enjoyed (its' physical "Diary of a Mad(?) Man" journal was awesome too).

Hektor

Thief is still one hell of a shit port. Have had two crashes in 30 minutes and FMVs out of sync with the audio

Who cares about the port if the game's awful to begin with.

Just thinking of traversing that hubworld one more time gives me vietnam flashbacks

Played half of the first Raiders of the Broken Planet Game.

Game reminds me of Army of Two. Matchmaking seems slow. Its quite fun, but cant imagine me replay the campaigns over and over again.

$60 is one thing, but the people complaining are talking about $67-72 USD. That's quite a bit of money for any game.

Look at SteamDB. The game is even expensive in some poorer regions like Malaysia or Thailand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom