• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

I never even heard of the game until someone posted it in here and i'm generally very up to date with Indies.

Yeah. I was making few threads about it since it was announced and doing my best but they were all dead with only few replies. Not really sure why.

ECHO numbers after 5 days are not good at all. But that's what i was expecting.
Almost no marketing at all before the release. And game looks very unique and interesting. I don't know what Ultra Ultra was thinking. I hope it does better in the future and on PS4.

I've just watched a trailer and it looks cool, but repetitive as hell. Maybe that's the impression most people get from the trailers?

Tizoc

Oh dear.
Figment said:
7D6CE31BC1004537156A6D39A81B7DF6F8996885

Mivey

Someone should send Ys VIII as a recommendation, we have to keep the streak of Falcom inspired STEAM OT titles going. I didn't play it sofar, and just copying the description in the Steam store seems a bit cheap.

JarrodL

Holy shit I just sold my PlayStation 4 + 33 physical games, PS Eye, stand, cover etc. for $400, which means I have no more consoles left. Which also means it's the first time I am a PC owner only. Ever since I was 5 years I've been playing on the Super Famicom, Game Boy, got my first PlayStation at my 10th birthday and ever since I've owned every single console and handheld. This is gonna be an interesting time. I can probably manage with that Steam library but it's gonna be interesting to me.

I'm the opposite. Used to be PC-only and never owned a console except 8-bit NES when I was a little kid. Then within the last 2 years I went crazy and bought:
- PS4
- XB1
- PS3
- Vita
- Vita TV
- NDS
Now I feel like I'm drowning in games I want to play. I still play on PC for the most part, but it's nice to not be restricted by exclusivity walls and just pick and choose what I'm in the mood to try.

I'm the opposite. Used to be PC-only and never owned a console except 8-bit NES when I was a little kid. Then within the last 2 years I went crazy and bought:
- PS4
- XB1
- PS3
- Vita
- Vita TV
- NDS
Now I feel like I'm drowning in games I want to play. I still play on PC for the most part, but it's nice to not be restricted by exclusivity walls and just pick and choose what I'm in the mood to try.

Pretty much in the same situation. Within last two years I got myself:
- PS2
- PS3
- 3DS (US region)
- 3DS (JPN region)
- Switch
Then I got a gaming PC last month. Literally drowning in games right now. I am currently thinking to plan my playtime more carefully because I want to focus on chasing my dreams. I will definitely have time to play more after accomplishing my life goals.

Jimrpg

- PS4
- XB1
- PS3
- Vita
- Vita TV
- NDS

I feel the same way with so many consoles too. That's why I haven't got the Switch yet (or the Xbox One) because there's too much to play on every system.

Once I'm done with the backlog of the Wii U I think I'm going to sell it. I'd sell the original Xbox and 360 too, but it doesn't go for very much at all, so I may as well keep it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-23932E3BBE9CC87D - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 6 entrants total.

t1506263730z1.png

Jawmuncher

No one wanted to buy D4 and from the look of things no one wants to back Swery’s new game either. Dude needs a Nier.A style success from a company that’ll just give him a chance with some money.

Uzzy

No one wanted to buy D4 and from the look of things no one wants to back Swery’s new game either. Dude needs a Nier.A style success from a company that’ll just give him a chance with some money.

So really, he just needs some thicc robot thighs in a game and he'll breakthrough.

Can anyone remind me what are the DLCs that must be bought for DMC4:SE that gives you extra stuff not available by unlock and the ones that can be unlocked through the game and aren't needed?

Mivey

VNs are usually two hand affairs.
One uses one hand to progress text and the other to fap
That sounds inefficient. Couldn't they implement an "auto read" mode that advances the text in customizable way? Should bring it down to 1.

If you live in a country that is about to get new currency support on Steam there's something you should keep in mind... Every developer has to manually set the price for their game in your currency and any game that doesn't have that price set when the new currencies go live will become unavailable in your region.

When regional currency support went live in my country I (very roughly) calculated that about 30% of all games did not get regional pricing and were unavailable for purchase. This even included games from a big publisher like Bethesda. Eventually Bethesda and many other developers did get around to setting prices but there are still some games that never got regional pricing. This could be because they forgot or they licensed a game and needed permissions from someone else or it's abandonware or because they just don't care. The bottom line is that there are still a large number of games that are unavailable because the developers didn't set a regional price.

For example, the Final Hours series of ebooks by Geoff Keighley don't have regional pricing. I even asked him once on Twitter to set prices but it was ignored. So if you ever wanted to get those, now is the time to buy them before they potentially become unavailable. Maybe go through your wishlists and check older games to see if they're available in the other 12 countries that got regional pricing in the last round. If they're not, it's a pretty safe bet they'll become unavailable for you soon too, so you could consider buying them before that happens. Also remember that gifting across regions has become much more painful now than it used to be a while ago.

Knurek

If you live in a country that is about to get new currency support on Steam there's something you should keep in mind... Every developer has to manually set the price for their game in your currency and any game that doesn't have that price set when the new currencies go live will become unavailable in your region.

I have to wonder how this will work in Poland, since we (still) are part of EU.
Any business singling out a single EU country is asking for a lawsuit.

Nzyme32

Speaking of VNs - Looks like I'll be picking up my first one

I didn't realise Ruiner tells a bunch of its story through that kind of medium. Really catering to the Steam audience!

fUf9BXZ.png

Dinjoralo

So I looked at Ruiner, holy shit that looks good. I remember seeing this... I think at PAX? Either way, keeping an eye on it.

Also, Pinball FX3's coming out on tuesday, woooo!

Extra.

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheGreenArrow:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheGreenArrow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Human: Fall Flat -- MB-FD6A809020FA6B21 - Taken by Purkake4

Ascheroth

Just completed another game today, which made me interested in comparing my owned/completed ratio.

I own 564 games and completed 75 games according to my list. This puts my completion rate at 13,3%.
Of course there are some free games in my library and games that don't really have an end and a lot of games I don't even want to complete.

I find it interesting that this number is relatively low as a number, but my gut feeling says I've played and completed a majority of the games that can be completed and that I actually want to complete.
Kind of an interesting contrast.

Tizoc

Just completed another game today, which made me interested in comparing my owned/completed ratio.

I own 564 games and completed 75 games according to my list. This puts my completion rate at 13,3%.
Of course there are some free games in my library and games that don't really have an end and a lot of games I don't even want to complete.

I find it interesting that this number is relatively low as a number, but my gut feeling says I've played and completed a majority of the games that can be completed and that I actually want to complete.
Kind of an interesting contrast.
Lately ive been avoiding buying games even if they are cheap eg prey 2017
Mainly because i am going thru my backlog and if i got thr game i wouldnt start ir right away
Plus it couldget a little cheaper later

Ascheroth

Mainly because i am going thru my backlog and if i got thr game i wouldnt start ir right away
Ya, I only buy games I plan on playing immediately or very soon after the sale.
I can proudly say that I completed all games I bought in the last 2 years*
Except Ys Seven, still working on that one atm.

*This doesn't include bundles.

With bundles my mindset is generally: If I buy a 1$-tier it's fine if I get a couple hours out of the games, I don't really care about finishing anything.
With BTA I'd ideally like to complete at least 1 and put some hours into the others.
If it's 10$ or 15$-tier I want to at least complete a few games, especially in the higher tiers.

Ladekabel

I start the year like this but the longer it goes on, the more games I'm buying. Like yesterday, I bought Rime and Yakuza Zero despite it taking a little bit (in case of the latter two other games in the franchise) before I start them.

Will start Rime in the coming week though so all is good.

Nzyme32

I was trying this until I worked out I am pretty bad at attempting this. So I decided to get the some games that I wanted, look at what I know is coming up and that I'll definitely want on day one. I have money aside for those but apart from that, with all my might, I will attempt to not buy any more games for quite a while as I work through the back log - though I do have a small amount aside for a couple of sales should I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom