• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got RE5 and Evil Within with the 25% off voucher off of GMG.

I see RE5/DR2/OTR as investment pieces right now. Buying them to play next year. I already have DR2, but I am waiting to see a fair price on OTR.

Shit, I would jump on RE5 for $7.50 but i need to add a penny more just to get the 25% off. Bah. Maybe i'll finally cave in and get Remember Me, too.

Edit: well, that didn't work. Bah.

Edit: wait, it tells you it doesn't work but, in fact, it works even on just RE5. Weird.

Just got RE5 and Evil Within with the 25% off voucher off of GMG.

I see RE5/DR2/OTR as investment pieces right now. Buying them to play next year. I already have DR2, but I am waiting to see a fair price on OTR.

Yikes, $10 for RE5? All of my GMG money is saved for Mordor most likely, so RE5 is gonna have to wait for the Halloween sale.
I've never bought anything from GMG... do they give keys? Like Steam, Origin, Uplay keys?
Yes. You copy/paste them, at least for Steam keys. Never bought for the other two.

Dr Dogg

I'm probably 50/50 when it comes to digital/physical for my PS3, and the convenience isn't so much about not wanting to get off my ass. I get really tired of going out to buy a physical copy only to discover the store has no copies. I despise going store to store to look for a recent release.

I often buy physical when I see a good deal on Amazon or I happen to be out at a store and see a good deal there.

I don't know what the retailer and etailer situation is like where you live but I haven't has to set foot in a shop to buy a physical retail release for donkeys year. In fact doing so would be just adding to the cost as etailers are almost always cheaper and have better stocks. I even end up getting physical PC releases quite a lot of the time due to being cheaper than what Steam offers almost every time. Personally I'm not that impatient I can wait a day for something to be delivered and in the cases of Wolfenstein and Dead Rising 3 installing them from discs was quicker than what I would have been able to download them.

Just to chime in on this, but every console failure I have ever had - it's double figures - has been a drive failure. Every single time.

With a digital library, this is a non-issue, and even now I have a PS3 with a failed drive just to use as a PS+ box with my digital games. Drive failure is a real problem for me. The prices of some digital console games are horrendous, and so they don't get purchased until they are cheaper, or second hand. It's certainly not about the time it takes to pop in a disc on my part.

Oh sure I'm not adverse to drive failures, I kept a 360 on life support for 4 years before the console itself kicked the bucket. But I'm not talking about expecting a disc drive to die, I don't think anyone buys a console expecting it to have a drive failure down the line and restrict their purchasing to only digital games because of. I'm more on about the folks who want to only buy digital game from the off set and never touch a physical game in the whole console's life span. From threads here there are a fair few who want to do that regardless of the cost with one of the more common themes being convenience.

Also how do you buy second hand digital games? Hahaha I guess that was in regards to physical copies but that's another issue I was mentioning that a lot of folks didn't want to give the used market up but that as of yet doesn't exist in the digital realm so I'm just a little curious to the supporters of the #NoDRM movement are also advocates of a digital only future. I mean I get the principals and everything and I'm staunchly against DRM myself but one of the good things about the console space is that there is still a good second hand market for the more transient titles out there. Where as we have all seen title lost to the digital ether due to licenses expiring, publisher or devs going bust or services being shut down.

I've never bought anything from GMG... do they give keys? Like Steam, Origin, Uplay keys?

Yes...if you pre-order a game though you won't get the key until launch day (or just before it depending on pre-loading)...This week I bought Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and won't get the key until it comes out but when I bought Remember Me they gave me the key right away.

Braag

Yes...if you pre-order a game though you won't get the key until launch day (or just before it depending on pre-loading)...This week I bought Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and won't get the key until it comes out but when I bought Remember Me they gave me the key right away.

Okay thanks. I mainly asked cause Remember Me was only 5.99 there.
I later noticed the "Third party DRM: Steam"... I'm blind sometimes.

Grief.exe

Yikes, $10 for RE5? All of my GMG money is saved for Mordor most likely, so RE5 is gonna have to wait for the Halloween sale.

$7.50 after coupon, which is a couple bucks over where it should be. Capcom seems to be artificially inflating the price due to the impending GFWL removal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If it helps, here's a positive comment from me. I've never had any issues whatsoever with Enhanced Steam, quite the opposite. In using it I've had nothing but a seamlessly integrated extension which has been massively helpful to me, and with every update the experience is improved. I recommend it to everyone I know who uses Steam, and I appreciate all the work you put into it, as I'm sure most of GAF does.

I know you're not fishing for compliments, but I doubt people are as eager to email you when Enhanced Steam "just works" so I thought I'd try and balance things out!

Thanks everyone. <3 GAF is the best group of people I've run across in recent years, everyone is nice and friendly and if someone has an issue (be it with Enhanced Steam or anything else) you guys usually ask very nicely and are receptive to answers. For the most part I've stopped answering emails like I posted earlier, simply because that's not the case with people like that.

Interesting, did they stop Presto uploads very recently? As I know a dev who updated an older addon about two months ago, hopefully this doesn't affect them.

I've never had any issues that I can remember using ES, all-around worthwhile addon and support, being a GAFer is the cherry on top ;)

When I sign in to my developer portal on the Opera addons site I get this:

mBjCRvD.png

It only lists the "chrome based" extension, shows that that version only has 8,841 downloads, and shows that it's been "Rejected" because each version I've submitted since 5.3.2 has been turned down because they no longer allow extensions which have javascript that runs outside of their sandbox.

I used to have a second entry here that was the OEX-based extension (v1.3 I belive) that was written specifically for older Opera browsers, but I seem to have lost the ability to delete it, see how many downloads it has, or update it. I guess I assumed that was because those older extensions were being phased out. Maybe it's just a bug though? Either way, I don't have the time and resources to update the old Opera version or the Standalone version (which are very similar) but maybe some day I'll be less busy and have some time to put into it.

I suppose if that ever happens and I still can't update the Opera version, I can still publish the OEX file directly on my website and direct people there.

$7.50 after coupon, which is a couple bucks over where it should be. Capcom seems to be artificially inflating the price due to the impending GFWL removal.

Got it with Remember Me and it ended up being $6 per game. I'm fine with that, and i've been itching to get Remember Me for a while.

My backlog will never end.

Also, why can't i redeem codes through the web? This is so backwards compared to Microsoft and Sony. The closest we get is being able to redeem a game through Humble, but c'mon Valve get with it.

Monooboe

Damn, sometimes life is just so cozy, it's cold and raining outside, one of my cats is sleeping beside me, I have coffee and applepie and I'm playing Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Arthea

I'm not buying into hype, not this time, I'm not buying Shadow of Mordor, until I'm sure it's a good game or
a bad cheap game
, really, I stand by my decision this time
that's what I keep telling myself all day today, barely but it's working (><)

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Could anyone here help me to get the uncut version of the Orange Box?

pls PM

thx guys :)

kiyomi

I'm not buying into hype, not this time, I'm not buying Shadow of Mordor, until I'm sure it's a good game or
a bad cheap game
, really, I stand by my decision this time
that's what I keep telling myself all day today, barely but it's working (><)

Yeah, it's super tempting. And Ethan Carter as well..

ugh..

Jawmuncher

I'm really surprised the amount of reactions mordor gathered after all the positive reviews.
I guess its because I have other releases this week and next that it's barely on my radar . Well that and even if its not AssCreed it still has a familiarity to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
#CoffeeAndGaming

For you, Monk.

Also, I'm so fucking TEMPTED at Ethan Carter right now. I gotta save for Q4, DAMMIT!

Dude I have that exact same mug! I had some chocolate milk in it this morning.
(but I don't drink coffee)

Saty

Will you launch the game on Steam?

David Braben: No. We've got to support the game with our own back end anyway, so I don't see the benefit of it.

Well, I would suggest the benefit is 100m users, which is a huge potential audience.

David Braben: Yes, that's true. It's something we would look at, but it would have to then interface with what we're doing, and the two would potentially conflict. We have to provide the back end.
Elite: Dangerous.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Get back on fucking topic.

Steam thread is about tea. It's right there in the middle of the damn word.

Arthea

Get back on fucking topic.

Steam thread is about tea. It's right there in the middle of the damn word.

nononono, steam is all about coffee, there is barely any steam in tea anyway, and only if you make it in a wrong way and too strong.

That tune will be changing relatively quick I bet. Can't see them being better off without steam than with.

some people prefer things lukewarm or even cold, not that I understand them

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
That tune will be changing relatively quick I bet. Can't see them being better off without steam than with.

I bought the Mercenary Edition the other day, the first game I paid full price this year, and that for a non Steam game :p

I really hope they change they mind and release it on Steam too, the game would sale much better and it looks like this game deserves lots of sales.

From talk I've noticed in passing, these codes don't combine with credit, correct?

Correct

Thanks. Got this and Remember Me from my Playfire credits :)

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Parsnip

Welp, after seeing all the Mordor reviews, I couldn't help myself.
It will carry me to AC Unity I hope.
I kind of only half know what type of game it even is.
And I should be done with Deadly Premonition by the time it comes out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom