• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I don't get why metroidvania and e-sport and next to each other though.

True. This is intriguing.

Either games tagged with either tag share other tags in common, and there is a kind of patter which the algorithm detects, but it is hard for us to see... or the proximity between the two tags on the map is not meaningful, I don't know (yet).

I have printed the list of all the games with each of these two tags: Metroidvania and e-sports. No game is tagged with both.

Edit: These are all the tags shared by at least one game tagged Metroidvania or and at least one game tagged e-sports:
1980s ; 1990's ; 2.5d ; 2d ; 3d vision ; action ; action rpg ; action-adventure ; adventure ; anime ; arcade ; atmospheric ; beat 'em up ; bullet hell ; casual ; classic ; co-op ; comedy ; competitive ; controller ; cult classic ; cute ; difficult ; early access ; fantasy ; fast-paced ; female protagonist ; fighting ; first-person ; fps ; free to play ; funny ; futuristic ; gore ; great soundtrack ; hack and slash ; indie ; level editor ; local co-op ; local multiplayer ; massively multiplayer ; mature ; medieval ; memes ; multiplayer ; mythology ; ninja ; nudity ; online co-op ; open world ; parody ; replay value ; retro ; rpg ; sandbox ; sci-fi ; shoot 'em up ; shooter ; singleplayer ; space ; steampunk ; story rich ; strategy ; survival ; third person ; top-down ; top-down shooter ; turn-based ; turn-based strategy ; violent ; vr ; western

Lain

One of you simply copy/paste one of Orange's OPs and slap a stupid title on top of it and you got the new steam thread. You don't need a specific person to make the thread. I'm too lazy to do it or I would.

AhFX8iW.gif

God it's hot as fuck in my apartment

Oscar

Haul:

- Rocket League GOTY
- Starbound (for gf)

I also got PUBG, but that wasn't on sale so it doesn't really count.

I've been mostly a PC gamer since 2011 and yeah, purchases have been going downhill for me as the years go by. I miss the flash/daily sales, I bet I'm missing out on some gems.

Mivey

oh we're still here
Steam GAF is too important to be hidden away in the Community Tab. It's staying on Gaming side now, for good.
We just have to fool the Anime people into thinking that the OT is over there, then we sane ones can have the thread for ourselves.

Wok

I don't get why metroidvania and e-sport and next to each other though.

True. This is intriguing.

I have printed the list of all the games with each of these two tags: Metroidvania and e-sports. No game is tagged with both.

So, I have compiled a list of all the tags used by at least one game tagged Metroidvania AND at least one game tagged e-sports. Then I have sorted the list of tags by the number of times they are used in conjunction of the tags of interest (Metroidvania, e-sports). Finally, I have printed below the number percentages, e.g. 91% of the Metroidvania games are tagged with "action", and 78% of the e-sports games too.

Metroidvania
[('action', 91), ('indie', 88), ('adventure', 86), ('2d', 75), ('singleplayer', 63), ('great soundtrack', 45), ('difficult', 31), ('retro', 27), ('rpg', 27), ('female protagonist', 27), ('atmospheric', 25), ('sci-fi', 21), ('controller', 20), ('fantasy', 19), ('cute', 17), ('anime', 16), ('action-adventure', 15), ('open world', 14), ('story rich', 14), ('casual', 12), ("beat 'em up", 11), ('funny', 11), ('co-op', 10), ('hack and slash', 10), ('action rpg', 8), ('gore', 8), ('local co-op', 8), ('2.5d', 8), ('classic', 8), ('comedy', 7), ('multiplayer', 7), ('shooter', 6), ('third person', 6), ('arcade', 5), ("shoot 'em up", 5), ('space', 5), ('fighting', 5), ('nudity', 5), ('replay value', 5), ('violent', 5), ('early access', 4), ('memes', 4), ('fast-paced', 3), ('3d vision', 3), ('bullet hell', 3), ('cult classic', 3), ('first-person', 3), ('free to play', 3), ('local multiplayer', 3), ('mature', 3), ('medieval', 3), ('online co-op', 3), ('sandbox', 3), ('survival', 3), ("1990's", 2), ('level editor', 2), ('steampunk', 2), ('strategy', 2), ('top-down', 2), ('1980s', 1), ('competitive', 1), ('fps', 1), ('futuristic', 1), ('massively multiplayer', 1), ('mythology', 1), ('ninja', 1), ('parody ', 1), ('top-down shooter', 1), ('turn-based', 1), ('turn-based strategy', 1), ('vr', 1), ('western', 1)]

e-sports
[('action', 78), ('multiplayer', 67), ('competitive', 57), ('difficult', 44), ('singleplayer', 44), ('local multiplayer', 38), ('fighting', 36), ('indie', 36), ('controller', 34), ('anime', 32), ('great soundtrack', 32), ('strategy', 32), ('arcade', 30), ('free to play', 25), ('fps', 23), ('early access', 21), ('casual', 19), ('co-op', 19), ('shooter', 19), ('2d', 17), ('cute', 17), ('rpg', 17), ('classic', 15), ('fast-paced', 15), ('first-person', 15), ('nudity', 13), ('online co-op', 13), ('story rich', 13), ('2.5d', 11), ('adventure', 11), ('atmospheric', 11), ('sci-fi', 11), ('survival', 11), ("beat 'em up", 9), ('fantasy', 9), ('funny', 9), ('massively multiplayer', 9), ('vr', 9), ('action rpg', 7), ('local co-op', 7), ('memes', 7), ('replay value', 7), ('sandbox', 7), ('third person', 7), ("1990's", 5), ('comedy', 5), ('female protagonist', 5), ('hack and slash', 5), ('level editor', 5), ('mature', 5), ('1980s', 3), ('3d vision', 3), ('action-adventure', 3), ('bullet hell', 3), ('cult classic', 3), ('futuristic', 3), ('gore', 3), ('medieval', 3), ('mythology', 3), ('ninja', 3), ('open world', 3), ('parody ', 3), ('retro', 3), ("shoot 'em up", 3), ('space', 3), ('steampunk', 3), ('top-down', 3), ('top-down shooter', 3), ('turn-based', 3), ('turn-based strategy', 3), ('violent', 3), ('western', 3)]

So, what they share in common the most:
for metroidvania
  • ('action', 91)
  • ('indie', 88)
  • ('2d', 75)
  • ('singleplayer', 63)
  • ('great soundtrack', 45)
  • ('difficult', 31)
  • ('rpg', 27)
  • ('controller', 20)
  • ('cute', 17)
  • ('anime', 16)
vs. for e-sports
  • ('action', 78)
  • ('difficult', 44)
  • ('singleplayer', 44)
  • ('indie', 36)
  • ('controller', 34)
  • ('anime', 32)
  • ('great soundtrack', 32)
  • ('2d', 17)
  • ('cute', 17)
  • ('rpg', 17)

and these tags are more specific to Metroidvania:
  • ('adventure', 86)
  • ('retro', 27)
  • ('female protagonist', 27)
  • ('atmospheric', 25)
  • ('sci-fi', 21)
  • ('fantasy', 19)
  • ('action-adventure', 15)

and these tags are more specific to e-sports:
  • ('multiplayer', 67)
  • ('competitive', 57)
  • ('local multiplayer', 38)
  • ('fighting', 36)
  • ('strategy', 32)
  • ('arcade', 30)
  • ('free to play', 25)
  • ('fps', 23)
  • ('early access', 21)
  • ('casual', 19)
  • ('co-op', 19)
  • ('shooter', 19)
  • ('classic', 15)
  • ('fast-paced', 15)
  • ('first-person', 15)

Might as well make up potential SteamGAF title threads.

STEAM | July 2017 - A Series Once Coldstone Is Now Trails of Cold Steel

Get it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom