• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I won another m&ms card, so with the new community vote coming up....

LA Noire or Sleeping Dogs?

Sleepy dogs.

I have never played Grim Fandango.

When Sony announced a remastering, and GAF erupted in praise, it piqued my interest.

It's not on Steam, where can I find this game?

You can find it legally on eBay. But it's probably just better to wait until the remastered version comes out.

My game of the sale so far has to be Crimsonland. I've never been a huge fan of these types of games but i can't stop playing the endless mode. I should probably finish the campaign to finish unlocking the weapons and perks but I just keep hitting play again over and over again. I guess I should probably look into other games like this before the sale ends.

Mono

HjNMr.gif

Anteater

Guys how is Alice? Price can't be better but wonder how the game is?

It has pretty responsive controls and great art direction, the platforming is a bit oldschool and a nice change of pace from all the modern automated platforming, but it doesn't really do anything too spectacular.

I like playing the game but haven't finished it, I think it's worth playing especially if you like the art, but levels could feel like they drag on because there aren't a lot of ups and downs, rarely any bosses, just long levels without any climax, there are good variety of enemies to fight even though your tools are limited so it's not so bad.

Spinluck

Holy crap, thanks for the responses.

I knew it was a cult classic, but I didn't know it was pretty much a collectors item now.

Thanks -__-

Eusis

I have never played Grim Fandango.

When Sony announced a remastering, and GAF erupted in praise, it piqued my interest.

It's not on Steam, where can I find this game?
Legitimately? Your best option is to wait, which is exactly why people got so excited. You think people would give half as much of a damn if it were just Playstation ports? Or that the fan letter would pretty much go "I wanna play it without being a pirate!" if it were easier to acquire? Even if you did get the game legitimately (going by eBay it's not THAT expensive, $30-ish which means it's still cheaper than at release just not by as much as most games of that vintage are, and new/complete copies are out of the question) it can be a big of a pain to run on newer systems I believe, and hopefully this new version puts in good controls. I think they said something to that effect.

Copons

Oh, GoatSim. If I buy you now, you'd be my second most paid game ever on Steam after I rage bought Witcher 2 a couple of years ago for 15€ or so, and I didn't even had a PC powerful enough to run it at Sajjajja's 640x480.
But if I don't buy you now, will I be able to sleep tonight? Will I be able to look into a mirror? Will I be able to stand the sight of my face?

To my knowledge it's never been reissued and is in the same hell that most non-Star Wars Lucasarts games are in. Best bet is ebay or maybe Amazon marketplace.

In Italy some years ago there was a reissue of Lucas classics on CD (or DVD?). I got Grim Fandango, Sam & Max and some other games I can't remember at the moment, that I had when I was a kid but I lost during the years.
Only problem was the fact that they were the only-Italian version, but those were the times when our translators were totally great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
[Obligatory "Everybody who's played Alice should buy the art book" post.]

INDIGNATION.gif

is...is that a "Seahorse Romulan sporting a PURPLE shirt because JaseC reps for purple in the steam sale" avatar I see?

Zkylon said I wouldn't be able to find a pic of Saoirse sporting purple.

Zkylon was wrong.

Vuze

Didn't know LA Noire was on PC. Is it an OK port?

Locked to 30fps per default, but there is a way to unlock it iirc (facial animations remain 30fps). Apart from that yeah, pretty much.

Whoops, seems I was wrong. PCGamingWiki says unlocked framerate causes physics problems. I can't really remember I experienced any tho?

Chariot

No, I like stealth but just fairly bad at it and don't like too dark environments. I can't pass enemies without getting detected even in Deus Ex *cries*
Well, you CAN just slaughter your way through. I can't remember that many dark places, I am usually a pansy, but Dishonored was ok.

picked up strike vector. Looks really slick, anyone else playing?

Also broke my summer sale cherry for the year on a few other DLCs that i didn't want to pay full price for.

Dishonored Witches
Arkham Origins Season pass
Arkham Origins Blackgate
Saints Row 4 Season pass

For under $5 each that's not too bad. Hoping that Crimzon Clover goes below $5 before the end of the sale.

wilflare

okay one more question
I remember GAF going crazy over Divinity: Dragon Commander
was there a price mistake or some limited time thing?

something to do with the Imperial Edition?

TsuXna

Well, you CAN just slaughter your way through. I can't remember that many dark places, I am usually a pansy, but Dishonored was ok.
But... But the whole point of the stealth game is to stealth TT
I want to try Conviction and see how awful I'm in that game.

pahamrick

okay one more question
I remember GAF going crazy over Divinity: Dragon Commander
was there a price mistake or some limited time thing?

something to do with the Imperial Edition?

Don't know about a price mistake, but I was able to find the regular edition for 2 TF2 keys a few days ago.

Chariot

it is pretty and it seems like the story is pretty good. But I wouldn't know because I got bored. The combat was dull and platforming with double jumps and floating feels wrong.
I know what you mean. Tired to love the game, really liked the artstyle and atmosphere, but the platforming just killed me. Alice just wanted to jump as I wanted her to jump. Brought the Artbook and watched key sequences on YouTube, never finished the game myself. :(
But... But the whole point of the stealth game is to stealth TT
I want to try Conviction and see how awful I'm in that game.
That's the great thing with Dishonored, you can do as you please. There are some repurcations, of course, but you can do it. Play with or without magic, kill nobody, kill everyone. No matter, only thing that matters is that you do your mission.

Kanokare

Demo ne, CS GO is not any good as Insurgency:/

Never heard of it until now lol. CS:GO is just an endless classic for me so my biased opinion is too strong for it. Plus an easy way to make money back during Operations and Twitch events. I'm not too bad at the game at least. I'm like a double AK rank usually which is a mid level. Would be higher if I knew Operation maps better since that's usually when my rank drops lol.

Tell me about it, I see the notification for you starting FF14 all the time. Speaking of, I need to play that some more...

Hahah. I usually play it for like 3 hours a day in the evening. If you see me logging on and off in a small amount of time it's cause the game likes to crash on me. Oh yeah I play on Gilgamesh. Not that hardcore into the game, but I have some close friends I enjoy playing with. We just do random things and our daily roulette for solidery.

TsuXna

Never heard of it until now lol. CS:GO is just an endless classic for me so my biased opinion is too strong for it. Plus an easy way to make money back during Operations and Twitch events. I'm not too bad at the game at least. I'm like a double AK rank usually which is a mid level. Would be higher if I knew Operation maps better since that's usually when my rank drops lol.

Hahah. I usually play it for like 3 hours a day in the evening. If you see me logging on and off in a small amount of time it's cause the game likes to crash on me. Oh yeah I play on Gilgamesh. Not that hardcore into the game, but I have some close friends I enjoy playing with. We just do random things and our daily roulette for solidery.
I see, well if you decide to give Insurgency a try, pm me I'll play with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom