• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just noticed that when I finally got Castle Crashers I could have got Battleblock Theater as well. -_____-

Steam sneaky sales are so annoying.

iosefe

Hello new thread, I shall call you home and love you like a friend. Until we discard you for a future updated version with slightly better graphics.

Mechanically and combat wise it has it's issues, but overall as an action RPG it offers just a lot to do and plenty to take away from the story that it's easily worth it. Why, you don't even have to play the other games, you can play it and still get a nice Summer Action Sci-Fi feel out of the tale that is complete enough on it's own.

it was almost perfect on the first try i think. had they had the gameplay improvments of ME2 in there, and kept all the RPG elements and exploration intact, it would have been tops.

MikeDown

Banned
What was the prize for day 1 winner?
Freddi Fish, and a little something extra, though you'll have to ask Vulcano's assistant about that last part. ;)

EDIT: Also thankyou Salsa for updating the OP, your the bestest!
FxdjttB.jpg

Once more:

Crazy-as-shit top-down voxel-graphics action CRPG with Pro Rally-like car racing and combat + open-world mechanics + non-static environments and choices with consequences. Get it for 75% off the Steam price ($1.74 till the 30th)!

Paertan

Bah "How to Survive" on sale again. Bought it some time ago and of course I haven't played it yet but I will. Someday!
But no sale on the DLC!? What the hell.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I have selected a winner. It ripped out my heart because I couldn't afford to do 3 or 4 winners to this contest. You were all good.

Ultimately though, I looked through the responses for a few key components.

I wanted to see whether you thought through not only each step of the project, but also what your students would be doing.

So many teachers think about the design of their lessons at the expense of student interaction.

On this front, several of you shined.

maneil99's red scare simulation was perhaps the most creative thing, along with Ventara's bridge builder. I loved both of these because they're relevant to student interests, they're engaging, and they're very sound from a design standpoint.

Several of you talked about history including BinaryPork, Gravelord Nito, legacybyzero, Abundantchoice, and others. Games like Civilization do have a place in the classroom, and I thank you for your responses.

nbtthedude and Junko were thinking along the lines of critiquing literature, as were several others, and I was very impressed by your responses. Indeed, games can be broken into genres and judged like other types of media.

Kevman had a marketing project that was similar in purpose to something I did in one of my lab classes.

I apologize PROFUSELY if I forget your name, but I did read everyone's response.

Ultimately, it all came down to two choices. It broke my heart to choose between them. Those were MrTeachwell and DrEvil's response.

While I'm sure MrTeachwell's media project would be very effective in incorporating games into the classroom, I chose

DrEvil

I thought his response in particular correctly recognized the building process of projects, the social interaction, and the ways in which games can be more than just things we play. I don't know if he's a teacher, but I think he understands teaching.

DrEvil, if you're not already on my friends list, add me.

You'll get $25 worth of games of your choice.

Man, hoping for Battleblock Theater to go on sale again. Noticed that a friend of mine doesn't have it while looking to him for co-op, bugged him about being a TERRIBLE PERSON. Now we have to see if it ever comes up as community or flash or something because he dropped the ball hardcore.

firen

Does anyone with experience have a clue how these games would run on an early 2011 macbook pro 2011 (radeon 6750m, 8gb RAM) :

• Arkham Origins
  • Dark Souls 1
  • Far Cry 3

DrEvil

not a medical professional
It won't matter, new payment type causes the lock.

Transfer cards to google wallet if you have that attached to your steam. Or make new steam acct. add card as primary payment. buy three Mann co keys. Trade them to your main and sell for cash.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Damn, thread's moving fast.

Team Red on track for victory. Castle Wolfenstein will be mine, one way or another.

Bah "How to Survive" on sale again. Bought it some time ago and of course I haven't played it yet but I will. Someday!
But no sale on the DLC!? What the hell.

I was just bitching about this to Rhaknar-senpai.

Especially since the tile says Check out the DLCs and the S looks like a $.

Me and Turfster agree: SiN Episodes: Emergence needs to get a 75% off discount sometime! It's a good deal for the base price already (comes with a free, somewhat-patched copy of the original SiN), but a new sale would really get people back into this game and the rest of Ritual's back catalog.

Okay, I have selected a winner. It ripped out my heart because I couldn't afford to do 3 or 4 winners to this contest. You were all good.

I wanted to see whether you thought through not only each step of the project, but also what your students would be doing.

So many teachers think about the design of their lessons at the expense of student interaction.

maneil99's red scare simulation was perhaps the most creative thing, along with Ventara's bridge builder. I loved both of these because they're relevant to student interests, they're engaging, and they're very sound from a design standpoint.

Several of you talked about history including BinaryPork, Gravelord Nito, legacybyzero, Abundantchoice, and others. Games like Civilization do have a place in the classroom, and I thank you for your responses.

nbtthedude and Junko were thinking along the lines of critiquing literature, as were several others, and I was very impressed by your responses. Indeed, games can be broken into genres and judged like other types of media.

Kevman had a marketing project that was similar in purpose to something I did in one of my lab classes.

I apologize PROFUSELY if I forget your name, but I did read everyone's response.

Ultimately, it all came down to two choices. It broke my heart to choose between them. Those were MrTeachwell and DrEvil's response.

While I'm sure MrTeachwell's media project would be very effective in incorporating games into the classroom, I chose

DrEvil

I thought his response in particular correctly recognized the building process of projects, the social interaction, and the ways in which games can be more than just things we play. I don't know if he's a teacher, but I think he understands teaching.

Noooo so close. But congratulations to DrEvil... what devilish plan does he have for the our children. Thanks to Speevy for the fun contest, got my brain juices flowing and thanks also for the critique of my teaching plan.

Wow these threads move fast, well to ask my question again at the very end of the last ot, I have Rayman legends in my inventory and am thinking about trading it for broforce, should I do it or keep the Rayman?

Turfster

Me and Turfster agree: SiN Episodes: Emergence needs to get a 75% off discount sometime! It's a good deal for the base price already (comes with a free, somewhat-patched copy of the original SiN), but a new sale would really get people back into this game and the rest of Ritual's back catalog.

Oh... duh. Now I know why it's probably not getting a discount.
They probably don't want to cut down on potential future SiN Gold sales if and when it makes the jump from GOG to Steam.
But yes, it needs to happen.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
shout out to Shadownet for trading me dragon age ultimate for the mass effect collection, yes it worked even tough DA:U is not on my region.

man this is my first steam sale. this shit is exciting. Ive bought quite a bit so far and i swear these games will last me the rest of the year.

Transistor
Trine 1 and 2
Metro 2033
Metro LL
The Witcher 2
Shadowrun Returns
Torchlight 2
Batman AC
Batman AO
Red Alert 3

DrEvil

Congrats to DrEvil. That was a fun giveaway idea. Thanks for putting that up Speevy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom