• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

MisterAnderson said:
Um, did anyone else's tickets and redemptions disappear?

I had 29 tickets...if I go to the main store screen it says I have 0 tickets and everything I redeemed is back to being un-redeemed on that screen. WTF. Did I just get fucked over or something? All of the achievements I unlocked are also greyed out...

you logged off

Yaska

zazrx said:
I have my tickets.

Now about that JC2 dlc.
The jet is pretty fun, but none are required imo. You can find jets everywhere anyway ( and you can steal the jets for free, whereas the dlc jet costs 100k!!). If you want some new weapons think about the black market packs. More ways to blow stuff up in the end.

oipic

Last minute help, please GAF?

Frozen Synapse. It's good, yeah?

I'm kind of bummed I didn't grab this during the sale, so if anyone still has their second copy, or would like to go halves in a new purchase, please shout out. Thanks guys.

EDIT: jediyoshi - a sincere thank you, good Sir. A most welcome addition to my friends list. :)

My C drive is almost full and it has steam installed on it.If I were to instal a second hdd, how would I go about putting steam onto it, if it's already on my c drive.By that I mean, I want to continue to use steam on my second hdd.Would I just have to instal steam onto the second hdd and have two steams?.

Salsa

ibHFjG.PNG

aaaaaaaand with that, i am officially done with these sales.

Thanks again for the compliments on the thread, had fun making it! now back to normal life until Christmas!

Thoraxes

flipswitch said:
My C drive is almost full and it has steam installed on it.If I were to instal a second hdd, how would I go about putting steam onto it, if it's already on my c drive.By that I mean, I want to continue to use steam on my second hdd.Would I just have to instal steam onto the second hdd and have two steams?.
This man/program is your new best friend: http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/

Card Boy

Banned
Holy crap Wings of Prey is awesome, the only thing that kills it is the crappy Yu.exe application it runs everytime you play the game.

wilflare

Atom Zombie Smasher
Who's that Flying?!
Nation Red 4-Pack
Tiny Bang Story
AaaaaAAaaaAAA!!! + The Wonderful End of the World
Greed Corp 4-Pack
Multiwinia + Darwinia
Jamestown
Best of the Underground
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
NyxQuest
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
The Polynomial
DogFighter - Four Pack
Cogs
Everyday Shooter
Garry's Mod
Plain Sight - Four Pack
The Mawesome Pack
Portal 2 - The Final Hours
Windosill
Super Laser Racer
Puzzle Bots
RUSH

any takes on the above?
wanted to double-dip on Toki, Flight Control HD and Zen Bound 2 (got them on iOS but thought I should save the money)

MRORANGE

wilflare said:
Atom Zombie Smasher
Who's that Flying?!
Nation Red 4-Pack
Tiny Bang Story
AaaaaAAaaaAAA!!! + The Wonderful End of the World
Greed Corp 4-Pack
Multiwinia + Darwinia
Jamestown
Best of the Underground
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
NyxQuest
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
The Polynomial
DogFighter - Four Pack
Cogs
Everyday Shooter
Garry's Mod
Plain Sight - Four Pack
The Mawesome Pack
Portal 2 - The Final Hours
Windosill
Super Laser Racer
Puzzle Bots
RUSH

any takes on the above?
wanted to double-dip on Toki, Flight Control HD and Zen Bound 2 (got them on iOS but thought I should save the money)

Rush?

oh and:
52h5t.png

it's the 12th most popular gaming thread, wooh! PC/STEAM GAF!!!
pc gaming is still dead

Dead Man

Gez said:
Holy crap Wings of Prey is awesome, the only thing that kills it is the crappy Yu.exe application it runs everytime you play the game.
Good to hear, I've been playing with X so far but once my flightstick gets here it will be WW2 for me.

Thoraxes

Man my internal struggle to resist buying any more games is killing me.
Just gotta keep reminding myself I bought Catherine too, and it'll be in my mailbox on day 1.
I don't need more games, I don't need more games, I don't need more games, I don't need more games..... BUT THEY'RE SO CHEAP AHHH.

Thoraxes

Darklord said:
How does Assassin's Creed 2 play with a M/KB? Also, does it need an internet connection to steam EVERYTIME you play it?
It's fine. In most cases I prefer the M/KB controls, and the camera control is superior on PC, I think anyways.

Definitely playable, and no hassle at all.

Mikeside

Darklord said:
How does Assassin's Creed 2 play with a M/KB? Also, does it need an internet connection to steam EVERYTIME you play it?

I moved to mouse/keyboard coming from playing it on xbox 360 and while it took a little getting used to, I hugely prefer it now

Caerith said:
I've heard that The Longest Journey is rather popular, but what about Syberia? Impressions or recommendations, GAF?

Both Syberia games are very good. If you like adventure games you should absolutely play them

Lime

Caerith said:
I've heard that The Longest Journey is rather popular, but what about Syberia? Impressions or recommendations, GAF?

It's good. It's not as good as TLJ, but it has interesting art style and a serviceable story. However you may need to get Syberia 2 if you want to full story.

mxgt

Banned
Merovin said:
I need your help Gaf, stop me from buying The Sims 3 pack. I don't even know why I want it, I just, I can't help myself.

You know you'll get bored of it quickly and never play it again.

MNC

xXJonoXx said:
Anybody got a copy of Puzzle Agent 1 they wanna sell? Looking to pay $2.50 for it.
It's like SalsaShark paid you to make that post ;)

Sims 3 is overpriced POS. Don't buy it.

wilflare said:
Atom Zombie Smasher very good
Nation Red 4-Pack good
AaaaaAAaaaAAA!!! + The Wonderful End of the World avoid
Jamestown excellent
The Polynomial avoid
Cogs good
The Mawesome Pack good
RUSH good

any takes on the above?
My take on your list, from what I've played. I hate those 2 dejobaan games for the unpolished pieces of shit they are but some people love them. The polynomial looks great but is barely playable.
I've bought some other games on that list but haven't played them yet.

flipswitch said:
This won't help if you were wanting to split Steam games between the drives, but you could simply move all the Steam stuff to the new hard drive and continue it from there. When I replaced computers last year I copied almost all of the old computer's drive into a directory on the new computer. That broke surprisingly few things, and I don't recall Steam ever minding that it was suddenly located in C:\Mitchell\C\Program Files\Steam.

LogicStep

Yaska said:
The jet is pretty fun, but none are required imo. You can find jets everywhere anyway ( and you can steal the jets for free, whereas the dlc jet costs 100k!!). If you want some new weapons think about the black market packs. More ways to blow stuff up in the end.
I guess 50 cents for the boom pack won't hurt.

mrgone

Just want to throw in that Super Laser Racer is fucking great. It's like a sweet tongue kiss between the Wipeout franchise and your daddy's old Vectrex machine (with all the overlays). There's a demo, too!

NZNova

I bought Borderlands GOTY edition but it's only showing up in my game list as Borderlands - no sign of any of the DLC. Does it all get lumped into the one item on the list?

dani_dc

NZNova said:
I bought Borderlands GOTY edition but it's only showing up in my game list as Borderlands - no sign of any of the DLC. Does it all get lumped into the one item on the list?
Should be all in one item. Right click on Borderlands, go to Properties and then check "DLC", all the DLC should be listed there.

Carm

MNC said:
It's like SalsaShark paid you to make that post ;)

Sims 3 is overpriced POS. Don't buy it.

While I won't comment on the quality of the game, since I haven't played it yet, the price is fine. The Sims has always held onto a higher price for longer, like Blizzard games. To get what is in the Sims Pack on Steam, on Amazon for example, would cost 193.93 roughly right now.

Card Boy

Banned
Dead Man said:
Good to hear, I've been playing with X so far but once my flightstick gets here it will be WW2 for me.

It's really well optimised (like Just Cause 2 levels of butter silkiness) and looks gorgeous maxed out at 60FPS locked.

I might post some screenies tommorow in the screenshit thread.

vall03

I don't know if I should hate my friends suggestion who kept on bugging me, but I caved in for another $10 for this last day of steam sale

bought

Longest Journey + Dreamfall Pack - $ 6.24
Penny Arcade Pack - $1.80

was it worth it?

LiK

vall03 said:
I don't know if I should hate my friends suggestion who kept on bugging me, but I caved in for another $10 for this last day of steam sale

bought

was it worth it?
PA for that price is decent cuz the games are mind-numbingly repetitive and really not that funny. Plus they never finished it so you have an incomplete story experience.

I would have buyed the penny arcade pack if I kew they were going to continue with the game with episode 3. But knowing that it seems there was not going to be, im not very sure I would like to have a story half finished.
BTW, are there videogame parodies in the game as in the comics?

Im hating what episodic content is bringing to gaming, delays and cancellations of such type of games. The only one that seems working good with this type of realising is Telltale.

vall03 said:

bought

was it worth it?

On the PA pack, I really enjoyed playing through them when they were released on Live for much more. I think $1.80 for them is a steal.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I would have buyed the penny arcade pack if I kew they were going to continue with the game with episode 3. But knowing that it seems there was not going to be, im not very sure I would like to have a story half finished.
BTW, are there videogame parodies in the game as in the comics?

Im hating what episodic content is bringing to gaming, delays and cancellations of such type of games. The only one that seems working good with this type of realising is Telltale.

This may be little consolation, but I believe they finished the story by producing episode 3 as a graphic novel. It's somewhere on their site. I liked the first game, especially once I realized that they designed it for you to use buff items frequently (I'm a habitual item hoarder in RPGs). The art is also really great, both in-game and in cutscenes. Still, I never actually finished it, nor did I play the sequel. So that's my two cents. :)

Edit: guess I spent too much time typing! So, what he said.

Caerith

Lime said:
It's good. It's not as good as TLJ, but it has interesting art style and a serviceable story. However you may need to get Syberia 2 if you want to full story.
*adds both TLJ bundle and Syberia bundle to cart*

I feel like I'm forgetting something, something more important than these... Guess I'll wait until 9:55 to pull the trigger in case I remember.

PaulLFC

Is Call of Juarez: The Cartel going to be Steamworks?

It's currently showing up as only £19.99 to preorder on Steam, which is cheap enough, but it's less than £15 at Amazon.

thefro

Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition 14.99 USD
Mass Effect Pack - Summer Sale 2011 19.99 USD
Just Cause 2 4.99 USD
GTA IV Complete Bundle 9.99 USD

----------------------------------------

$49.96 total damage

Also traded the other copy of Frozen Synapse for Half Life 2: Episode 2.

KaiserBecks

A last minute reminder:

Jagged Alliance 2 is still available for 5 bucks. The "Gold Edition" includes Jagged Alliance 2 and the stand alone add-on "Unfinished Business". Runs fine on Windows 7 64bit, the 1.13 fan-patch works perfectly with the steam version.

If you like strategy and/or rpg games, there is absolutely no reason not to get this game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ShockingAlberto said:
Oh wow

The Last Remnant is unoptimized as all hell

How does a UE3 game chug like this

I assume I need to crank down a lot of settings
I probably have better HW but I have everything maxed and I'm at a perfect 60fps. It's really funny how some can run a game like Crysis 2 well but a game which looks less visually pleasing and technical gives issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom