• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2014 Hidden Deals Thread

koma

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - $0.99 ($2.99 for a 4-Pack)
^This game is absolutely batshit crazy, has both local and online co-op. It has a lot of depth and just absolute strangeness to it, it's like a trainwreck but enjoyable so, and more so with friends.

Thanks A LOT for sharing this, i just read many reviews on Steam and it seems awesome, i'm going to buy this for some crazy local-coop with my best friend :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6m8r0QjRYQ

"1 E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy (serves four as many as you want to co-op with)
- 1 Deus Ex - 2 Blade Runner
- 1 Total Recall
- 1 CS:Source
- 952752 WTFs (give or take)
- 1 Google Translator (French -> English)
- 1 inventory system that spazzes out all the time
- 812348975 brouzouf
- drugs (any)"

Thoughts on Take On Helicopters? Is it sim sim or arcadey sim? My PC is acting up so can't try the demo. Doesn't stop me from Steam Winter Sealin' though...

Bionic Commando Rearmed for $2 is a steal.

- It's awesome
- Lowest it's ever been
- One of the best remakes ever made
- Play it with any controller you want because hey, it's on PC!
- It's awesome
- No GFWL or any bullshit
- It's awesome
It's a great game, played it on the 360. BC 2009 is also fun, if a little odd. The PC m/kb controls and gfx are apparently better than console counterparts too.

Nabs

It's a great game, played it on the 360. BC 2009 is also fun, if a little odd. The PC m/kb controls and gfx are apparently better than console counterparts too.

Mouse+KB in 2009 feels so good. It's a shame they shut down mutliplayer, it was a lot of fun.

Anteater

How is Lost Planet on the PC?

It's great, looks good and runs well. I've been playing it.

9F50A3AA0958D41B105847772CFF4C914A3FDB4A
9B82A90948C518B31EA55DEF032816CB47DA28C8

Coppanuva

Damn these gems... I bought Pac man and they breathe as well now. Couldn't help it, especially once I build my arcade stick, Pac man is gonna be necessary

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Lost Planet 2 has a co-op focus, but it is an insanely fun co-op game. To best describe it is if Resident Evil 5 had a baby with the original Lost Planet and then they decided to have giant Monster Hunter-esque monsters.

But Lost Planet 2 never goes on sale anymore as GFWL.

Lost Planet 3 I've heard from several is an underrated single player game from 2013.

dani_dc

Reposting from Community
New SekaiProject VN on GreenLight:

Sakura Angels

At which points does Sekai Project needs to stop going through greenlight?
They already have several games on Steam.

Kinyou

Is this the first game?

How are the Lost Planet games for single player?
I wouldn't say that Lost Planet 1 is a good sp game. The story is quite forgettable, and the missions feel pretty stitched together. However, fighting the giant bugs was pretty fun.
Lost Planet 3 has good story with some great characters and writing. But compared to LP1 the gameplay is a lot less tight, and the mechs are relatively boring in comparison. (though also more realistic)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
You people better buy Cook! Serve! Delicious! and Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.

I liked your game a lot even though it was really short.

I ought this game on a whim in the summer and absolutely loved it, that twist! The glennthefrog emote has become my steam trollface in honor of that story twist. I recommend this game for sure.

Big thanks to the both of you! Makes me really happy to see people enjoying the game so much (even though I was 'just' the sound designer on the project). :)

Takuan

Yup, part of the reason I included it, there's a very high chance the game's Gold Edition content is going to be added to RE5 when they patch out GFWL (Lost In Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Mercenaries Reunion, Versus, New Costumes), and if like Street Fighter IV, the price of the game likely will go up once it's patched out with new content . Also on sale recently the first time in a while as Capcom doesn't put GFWL titles on sale. RE5 can be bought ever so slightly cheaper on Nuuvem, but the difference is a few cents really and might be more a hassle for some than others.
Have they given free content for other games this way, or did Capcom imply there'd be more to the steamworks transition than expected?

Firebrand

I love and hate you guys, thought I was done with just a couple of games bought. NOPE.

Garry on my wayward son,
there'll be peace when sales are done
Lay your wallet down to rest,
don't you buy no more

Just Larry Croft 2 and Shadowgate for me this sale, though thinking about Hexcells Infinite.

Reposting from Community
New SekaiProject VN on GreenLight:

Sakura Angels

At which points does Sekai Project needs to stop going through greenlight?
They already have several games on Steam.

Think you need to have a game published by a legit publisher to avoid greenlight completely. You could release dozens of games through greenlight and you'd still have to do it that way.

Grizza

Had $2.50 in my wallet from selling trading cards, so I grabbed Ridge Racer Unbounded. Been wanting it for awhile, and it was too hard to pass up at that price.

Anteater

I'm sure everyone and their mom already has the Trine games, but just incase, they're pretty decent action platforming games with some puzzles with fantastic art direction. Trine 1 was also updated not long ago to have online multiplayer, I played through the whole thing this holiday with a friend.

(screenshots taken from Trine 2's DLC)

Corpekata

Banned
I'm sure everyone and their mom already has the Trine games, but just incase, they're pretty decent action platforming games with some puzzles with fantastic art direction. Trine 1 was also updated not long ago to have online multiplayer, I played through the whole thing this holiday with a friend.

Are you using some sort of SweetFX or something with these?

cicero

I used this informative thread to help me make several good purchases. Really nice job, Dusk Golem. Thank you for the work you put into this thread!

Decided to hold off on buying a bunch of stuff seeing as I already have a ton of games to play, including trying to get some done before the GOTY thread closes. Only picked up Silence of the Sleep, Bird Story and Last Dream.

I did however add a shitton of stuff to my wishlist. Maybe my backlog will be cleaner by the next sale.

Helmholtz

Trine 2 looks seriously amazing. That game was just an eyegasm for me the whole way through.
The gameplay is good enough, nothing incredible, but still pretty enjoyable especially in coop.

I'll chip in two games here;

Space Rangers HD - 75% off - This game is another space RPG with a similar isometic view, but it features a huge open world galaxy with a extreme variety of gameplay you can engage in, ranging from text adventures to trading to piracy. It's a truly free space RPG adventure game with limitless possibilities and nearly endless gameplay. There's a finite beginning and end to a campaign but again you're not dealing with the game serving up some massive turdfest of scripted missions to get there. It kind of just happens.

Space Rangers is my favorite example of emergent gameplay. Really cool things can happen in this game.

It also surprised me with the text adventures, a part that some people ignore in this game as they go "wtf text adventures are you joking me!". But they are good.. Not only there are like three dozen of them, but they all are different. From leading an underwater exploration mission to escaping of jail, to manging a restaurant to participating in a race to who knows what more. And they are all full of ways of doing it, they aren't "puzzles".

Top Bottom