• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 coming to PS4 and Vita September 26 for $19.99

Loudninja

Image & Form @ PAX Retweeted PlayStation

SteamWorld Dig 2 hits PS4/Vita on Sep 26 (NA) and Sep 27 (EU)! And it's cross-buy! RT = ❤️⛏ #SWD2
https://twitter.com/ImageForm/status/904722973319409666
Howdy everyone!

This is Julius Guldbog from Image & Form Games and I'm happy to confirm that SteamWorld Dig 2 is coming to PlayStation4 and PlayStation Vita later this month on September 26. The game will be yours for $19.99 and will be cross-buy on both consoles.

So what's new this time around? Well, we've got a ton of new surprises in store. Below I've listed five of the most exciting ones. Let's dig in!
A Big, Sprawling World To Explore

SteamWorld Dig 2 is huge and full of treasure, traps and dangers. While the original was short and sweet, SWD2 will be a much longer experience. Expect at least 10 hours of gameplay time, and even more if you plan to explore every corner of the world and find every dirty little secret...
New Upgrades

The upgrades played a big role in the original Dig. This time they're bigger, better and and will take you to places you've never been before. Besides carving your way through the earth with your trusty pickaxe, you will literally fly through caves with the Jet Engine and grab faraway treasure with the new Hookshot. Expect even more awesome gear as the game progresses.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-steamworld-dig-2-coming-to-ps4-september-26/

Auctopus

Steamworld Dig 2*

Woop. Can't wait, didn't get much in to their X-Com thing - forgot the name but loved Dig.

Tarrin

Missing a 2 in your title there.

Good news though. I really liked the first one, and Heist was pretty fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess that's the steam release date also, RPS has a article saying the steam release is "a few days later" than the Switch one on the 21st.

xrnzaaas

Awesome news, the first game was great.

That also reminded me I really need to resume playing Heist. :/

kulapik

This was never announced as a Switch first or Switch exclusive, but still I'm surprised that it releases so quickly.

kulapik

The marketing was definitely 'debut on Switch' and 'first on Switch'.
The nindies showcase from six months ago didn't have the "switch exclusive" or "first on switch" tag some other games like runner 3 had. It was assumed that it would be the case, but it's just a one week exclusivity, which isn't much.

SxP

Glad this is not a multiple month delay before it hits PlayStation platforms like the previous games.

VanWinkle

Man, although I'm still mostly onboard for the Switch version, it IS very tempting to get it on PS4/Vita instead. Hmmm...it would be nice to have both Steamworld Dig games on the Vita, and the Vita is more portable. Hmmm....and the Vita has a much better dpad than Switch...

Oh wow, I wasn't actually expecting a Vita version of this one. Great news, I loved playing the original on it. Hopefully this one has cross-save.

Top Bottom