• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steep |OT| Shaun White Simulator

jlQeWq4.png

STEEP

Developer:
Ubisoft Annecy

Publisher:
Ubisoft

Initial Release Date:
December 2, 2016

Platforms:

PC (Steam/UPlay)
Xbox One
Playstation 4
Nintendo Switch (Release Date TBA)

Description:

Ride a massive open world of the Alps and Alaska, where the powder is always fresh and the run never ends. Defy and master the world’s most epic mountains with skis, wingsuit, snowboard, and paraglider. Go solo or drop in side by side with other players. Record and share the most insane stunts ever captured. Dare your friends to try out your custom lines, then challenge the world to beat your best tricks and relive your most epic wipeouts.

The mountain is yours to explore. So strap in, suit up, and drop in.

Features:

v84TMo2.png

Navigate the open world freely and create your own path as you decide how to explore your massive mountain playground.

-Choose between four unique ways to traverse the mountain: ski, wingsuit, snowboard, or paraglide.
-Rip through snowy terrains and skies, discover hidden spots, or just take in all the beauty the highlands of the Alps have to offer.

tJMYqcu.png

Share thrilling, adrenaline-fueled experiences with other players

-Seamlessly meet other players and choose to follow them or play together.
-Group up with your friends to pull off the craziest stunts imaginable; you can even mix sports to create wild tricks.
-Challenge friends to beat your own personal records, lines, and scores.

p04raaW.png

Prove that you’re the king or queen of the mountain by dropping into unique and spectacular challenges that put your skills to the test.

-Participate in specific challenges designed for each sport, such as Big Air, Proximity Flying, or Forest Slaloms.
-Compete with your friends and the community on any challenge through leaderboards.
-Play through epic riding quests to find out about the mountain’s secrets and experience unique moments.

MW8Vx3v.png

Think your exploits are worth sharing? Relive epic moments and challenges, and share replays across social media.

-Each time you cut a fresh path down the slopes, you create a one-of-a-kind run that can be watched and experienced by your friends online.
-Relive all your most spectacular runs, epic wipeouts, and wildest stunts.
-Choose the ideal camera angles, pace, and speeds to create the perfect post and dare the world to do better.

DLC/Season Pass Details:

DLC Content Explained (Video)

• ADRENALINE PACK DLC

NIGHT_WINGSUIT_GLOW_SIDE-BY-SIDE.jpg

The Adrenaline Pack DLC is available now for standalone purchase and included with the Gold Edition and Season Pass. Check out the features below:

-Three glowing costumes
-Two glowing wingsuits
-Three new night challenges
-Two new boards (the Red Freeride and the Freestyle Sunny Deer)
-Two new outfits (the Woodcutter and the Crystalline)
-A new classic white wingsuit

• WINTERFEST PACK DLC

winterfest-screenshot-bosses.jpg

The Winterfest Pack DLC is available now for standalone purchase and included with the Gold Edition and Season Pass. Check out the features below:

-Unique add-on challenges
-Custom costumes
-A winter sled

• XTREME PACK DLC

xtreme-ss-2sports-thumb.jpg

The Xtreme Pack DLC is available now for standalone purchase and is included with the Gold Edition and Season Pass. Check out the features below:

-Rocket wings
-Base jumping
-Speed gliding
-New, fresh challenges

• Bonus items
- Exclusive Snowman Costume
- Helicopter Tickets: to get you around the mountain even faster
- 10,000 Steep Credits

Videos:

101 Overview Trailer

E3 2016 Demo
4K PC Gameplay

Shoutout to The Flash for the title

Just keep the OT like this, please!
On topic, how long has it been since we've gotten a non-indie snowboarding game?

krpiper

I liked of what I played of the beta, but I just bought FF XV and with Christmas coming up I dunno if I should go for two retail games in a week. I feel like this will drop quickly though, shame as the extreme sports genre is so under represented this gen :(

Plankfan

I wanted something like SSX and I didn't really get that vibe from the beta. I'll Gamefly this at some point.

nikos

I may grab this as part of the B2G1 at Best Buy next week. Hope it turns out to be good.

Damn you guys are hard to please

Alright I added some stuff. Work in progress.

If anyone gets this unlocked please post some impressions! Especially PC performance, that's where I'll be playing

I wonder if the full game will actually launch on my pc. I couldn't get the beta to work without it crashing. I'll wait and see if anyone has issues.

legbone

I was going to wait for a price drop even though I really enjoyed the beta. But then I noticed on Amazon it is 50.99. I signed up for a free trial of prime and got it for 47.99. I'm a little late preordering so god only knows when I'll get it, but I have plenty of backlog to keep me busy. See you guys on the slopes. Oh wait, no I won't, because it seems like everyone hates this game. I can't remember the last time I played a skiing game (i know it's not just skiing but that's my favorite part). I think it might have actually been Activision's Skiing for the Atari 2600. I fricking loved that game as a kid.

edit: I will say that Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves with regard to this game's season pass.

edit 2: sorry. edited out the nastiness. my back hurts guys, bear with me.

Also, if anyone would like to make a real banner or something like that I'll happily add it to the OT

After getting drunk and spending $110 on the stupid gold edition with the stupid season pass this is the most effort I could bring myself to expend

seriously? this comes out today?
I played the beta last week and it was very, very, very underwhelming.

i hated the alpha but thought the beta was pretty great, i only really spent time with the snowboarding though

it definitely feels like a budget title, though

Vault 101

Played it for the last few hours, it might grow on me but it's no SSX.

Wtf is up with the season pass?! Feel like I should buy it just to get decent content and have no idea what these helicopter tickets are but a heli transported me in the game once for no cost.

It's all very confusing and the always online isn't great.

Pretty graphics and could be my go to game for relaxation maybe.

jem0208

Went from Day 1 to nope. That Season Pass bullshit. copter tickets, leaving modes out.
Do you know anything about how the helicopter tickets work?

I got like 40 of them in a couple of hours of play in the beta.

Damn, it seems like most of the hate behind the bloody game is from misinformation.

Ilmyr

does anyone else just wish this was a sequel to pilot wings?

Yes i miss Pilotwings, though with additional sports coming as DLC(!) it feels like its going that direction. Anyways they should be included in the base game!

Not so sure about picking it up early, any reviews yet? From what i saw this game looks/feels unpolished.

danmaku

So, how do I do my 360 - tail grind - 180 - butterfly combo amped learned me? Is there a trick system? Such a shame these winter sports games are.

There's a trick system but it's very basic. The game is more about freeriding than tricks.

I liked the beta but I'll wait for a discount. I don't really care for the events, I just want to explore the mountains and relax.

There's a trick system but it's very basic. The game is more about freeriding than tricks.

So you just make a trick and that's it, no combos? No multiplier if you do it slow etc? Don't get me wrong, it's fine then for what it is, but I hoped for a combo fest with trick challenges etc. Will watch some videos now.

danmaku

So you just make a trick and that's it, no combos? No multiplier if you do it slow etc? Don't get me wrong, it's fine then for what it is, but I hoped for a combo fest with trick challenges etc. Will watch some videos now.

You can combo, but there are very few tricks. Just grabs, 180/360/etc and barrel rolls (sorry, I don't know the proper term :p ). There are trick challenges but it's just one type of activity, not the focus.

You can combo, but there are very few tricks. Just grabs, 180/360/etc and barrel rolls (sorry, I don't know the proper term :p ). There are trick challenges but it's just one type of activity, not the focus.

Thx for the reply. It is the term for this trick ^_~ For what I saw there is no front/back flip, no of axis tricks. No diffrent types of grabs. No butterfly. Don't know if you can change the stance (regular, goofy?)

Got you, freeride it is.

jem0208

Thx for the reply. It is the term for this trick ^_~ For what I saw there is no front/back flip, no of axis tricks. No diffrent types of grabs. No butterfly. Don't know if you can change the stance (regular, goofy?)

Got you, freeride it is.

There’s 3 grabs (left, right or both hands) and then you can spin pretty much how you like.

You can change you’re stance.

Taij

Do you know anything about how the helicopter tickets work?

I got like 40 of them in a couple of hours of play in the beta.

Damn, it seems like most of the hate behind the bloody game is from misinformation.

Helicopter tickets let you drop anywhere on the mountain, instead of just the normal drop zones you have found and unlocked. Playing normally you do get some helicopter tickets, then when you reach max level you get a helicopter and no longer need tickets. So I'm not really sure what everyone is pissed off about with regards to the tickets, unless they're saying that they are pointless to pay for. I personally wouldn't pay for heli tickets but getting some in the early stages is an ok bonus.

jem0208

Helicopter tickets let you drop anywhere on the mountain, instead of just the normal drop zones you have found and unlocked. Playing normally you do get some helicopter tickets, then when you reach max level you get a helicopter and no longer need tickets. So I'm not really sure what everyone is pissed off about with regards to the tickets, unless they're saying that they are pointless to pay for. I personally wouldn't pay for heli tickets but getting some in the early stages is an ok bonus.
Yup.

They’re not exactly required to have fun and you can get loads of them using the in game cash really easily.

Seems to me that people are under the impression that you can only buy tickets with real money which is obviously wrong.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Got you, freeride it is.

There are front/back flips (you do them with the right stick), and there are different grabs (one hand or the other, or both together, and you can choose where you grab with the right stick). Not sure about off-axis. You can change your stance, yes (pull the sticks in opposite directions).

The game doesn't explain a lot of this (at least the beta didn't), but the tricking system is a bit deeper than it might seem.

Top Bottom