• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steep |OT| Shaun White Simulator

Usually try to avoid posting after I was the last post, but error code de-014-01 has me locked out of the game...why does this game need to be connected? Or maybe a better question is: why did I buy a game I intend to only play single player that requires an internet connection?

Is this a common thing I get to experience?

Usually try to avoid posting after I was the last post, but error code de-014-01 has me locked out of the game...why does this game need to be connected? Or maybe a better question is: why did I buy a game I intend to only play single player that requires an internet connection?

Is this a common thing I get to experience?

Unfortunately yeah. If servers have issues you get booted, its happened to me during an amazing run that I lost forever

I'm honestly not sure exactly why it needs to be connected...seems like the seamless coop and leaderboard stuff could function separately from just playing by yourself

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
So if anyone missed it, Ubisoft did a stream of the new Winterfest content including sled gameplay. You can find it on their Twitch history.

Sled looks fun! Looks as rickety and barely-in-control as I had hoped. Can't wait to fling myself off the mountains on that thing.

The tone of the new challenges and "bosses" is as irritating as ever.

jdstorm

Banned
Just got done with Winterfest. It was really easy. Love the direction the gameplay challenges are going in, they are really great. Although the cutscenes are still the very definition of "Trying too hard" at least its less douchebag CEO and more Sunset Overdrive.

Really excited for the Rocket Wingsuit DLC and the Switch port. If its the GotY edition it will hopefully do really well.

SFenton

I hope a Switch port isn't always online because of portability, but really, I'm not going to be shocked if it's a pretty straight port.

Expansion was just announced for Steep, where you can play a bunch of sky/snowboard modes on the road to the 2018 PyeongChang winter games.

N° 2048

The Extreme Pack has to be one of the best DLCs I've played.

So damn good.

This game has gotten some amazing updates.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Just a reminder that the new DLC drops today.

I'm personally really excited to be using a rocket wingsuit.

Wow, that slipped in under the radar.

Went in without the tutorial expecting the rocketbelt to have some sort of fuel/energy mechanic to limit the fun, actually pleasantly surprised to see that it's literally just a fucking unlimited jetpack/flying suit. You can just fly forever (although sadly if you go up too high it just takes you to the map instead of cutting the engines/ragdolling you).

In fact, a little part of me feels like it's slightly too easy to use. There's not even any flight physics like angle of attack or stalling or anything like that. I'm not saying make it boring, but I'd like there to be at least a smidgen of danger besides the one of ramming yourself into the side of a mountain.

jdstorm

Banned
Wow, that slipped in under the radar.

Went in without the tutorial expecting the rocketbelt to have some sort of fuel/energy mechanic to limit the fun, actually pleasantly surprised to see that it's literally just a fucking unlimited jetpack/flying suit. You can just fly forever (although sadly if you go up too high it just takes you to the map instead of cutting the engines/ragdolling you).

In fact, a little part of me feels like it's slightly too easy to use. There's not even any flight physics like angle of attack or stalling or anything like that. I'm not saying make it boring, but I'd like there to be at least a smidgen of danger besides the one of ramming yourself into the side of a mountain.

If you want to ragdoll from up high just press up on the D pad.

I agree with you on the controls though. You cant even do a roll. It would be nice to see a few tweaks.

camaropilot

Does anyone know if the Winter Games edition physical copy includes the DLC and patches on the disk or is it just a flyer in the case with a code?

Top Bottom