• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate coming for PSVita and PS3 in 2015 (in NA and Europe)

Sorry if it's been asked and answered a billion times in this thread already, but how does the PS3 version of the game compare to the PC version? Not sure if there's anything added or different here.

Resolution bump (to 1080p from the locked 570p of the PC version) and trophies are the differences.

Omikaru

Oh yeah I remember hearing that. I feel like in the past couple years, NA and EU have evened out with what we get, don't get, and have delayed. It's split even and we can feel for each other with issues like this :(

It's nowhere near even. Not even fucking close. Not even factoring in historical discrepancies, but only the last 5-6 years, Europe has disproportionately got the shortest end of the stick in these matters. Whether it's buggy releases, late releases, releases with content missing, we just get fucked in one way or another.

Of course there has been some high profile NA delays, especially when NoE localised a bunch of games, but that is something that happens infrequently. I could name you a handful games out in the US, or out very soon, at any given time that either don't have an EU release date or have one that is significantly delayed from the American release.

What's delayed in North America recently? Steins;Gate, Yoshi's Wooly World, and quite possibly Devil's Third? Have I forgotten anything? Meanwhile, on our side of the pond Atlus' entire 2015 library is delayed by at least a month, though more often than that longer. So that's 6-7 games there (Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Untold 2, DeSu 2 Record Breaker, Persona 5, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Legend of Legacy, and Lost Dimension are the ones that spring to mind). Guilty Gear Xrd only just came out, and then ASW announced the newer version which is fucking galling. Though it's all okay, because at least we're getting the games! :3

Sorry, rant over.

But I do sympathise whenever people have to wait for a game to come out in their region. All those inconsiderate assholes who just blab in threads and areas where they will spoil the game for people unable to play it.

Someone ruined P4 Arena for me due to the trifecta of incompetence (Atlus, Arc, PQube) in getting the game out at a reasonable time. I hope those of you waiting patiently for Steins;Gate to release in North America don't get spoiled by anyone!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's nowhere near even. Not even fucking close. Not even factoring in historical discrepancies, but only the last 5-6 years, Europe has disproportionately got the shortest end of the stick in these matters. Whether it's buggy releases, late releases, releases with content missing, we just get fucked in one way or another.

Of course there has been some high profile NA delays, especially when NoE localised a bunch of games, but that is something that happens infrequently. I could name you a handful games out in the US, or out very soon, at any given time that either don't have an EU release date or have one that is significantly delayed from the American release.

What's delayed in North America recently? Steins;Gate, Yoshi's Wooly World, and quite possibly Devil's Third? Have I forgotten anything? Meanwhile, on our side of the pond Atlus' entire 2015 library is delayed by at least a month, though more often than that longer. So that's 6-7 games there (Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Untold 2, DeSu 2 Record Breaker, Persona 5, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Legend of Legacy, and Lost Dimension are the ones that spring to mind). Guilty Gear Xrd only just came out, and then ASW announced the newer version which is fucking galling. Though it's all okay, because at least we're getting the games! :3

Sorry, rant over.

You forgot that EU actually gets Amiibos and we have to buy up your stock. I'd say that's a pretty big thing. For the most part, EU is doing much better than how things were years ago. But anyways...

You forgot that EU actually gets Amiibos and we have to buy up your stock. I'd say that's a pretty big thing. For the most part, EU is doing much better than how things were years ago. But anyways...
And they got the freaking New 3DS. But I guess it's karmic justice.

Huh? North America gets two thirds of global Amiibo shipments. Europe gets just one fifth. This doesn't mean Nintendo treats Europe better than North America, it is merely doing the best it can to juggle demand and supply across three major territories. Nintendo has two other major regions to try and satiate demand in, and you can tell it's prioritising North America right now given Japan receives just 10% of global Amiibo shipments and Europe 20%.

British retailers, not even scalpers, charging above and beyond the Amiibo RRP (£20 versus £12, a 67% rise in price) also paints a good picture as to how Amiibo aren't exactly plentiful in Europe either.

Mohasus

Just got my first ending,
the one in chapter 6. I wish I could have seen 1975. :(
I totally forgot that I could send a d-mail manually.

I guess I'll use a guide now.

Top Bottom