• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Imagine how much a Nendoroid Peridot would sell.

Steven and Connie would be amazing as Nendoroids. Imagine all the cool acessories they can have. (Though in the case for Connie, I'm betting that they are going to limit her spare arms and stuff, if Kora's Nendoroid is any indication.)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I haven't gotten the POPs just because the eyes freak me out. Pearl and Steven....brrr.

The Funko mystery minis mostly look okay, but noseless Pearl is just...weird. Her nose is too much a part of her design to just omit it altogether.

The Original Minis look pretty good, though. I just wish they had the range of characters that the Mystery Minis do.

12935105_487877508063725_441460293_n.jpg

Those look gross too.

I love this show so much. It's been a long long time since something has so completely captured my imagination. Firefly and Avatar, The Last Airbender are my favourite shows but SU is doing its darndest to overthrow them.

The_Kid

I haven't gotten the POPs just because the eyes freak me out. Pearl and Steven....brrr.

The Funko mystery minis mostly look okay, but noseless Pearl is just...weird. Her nose is too much a part of her design to just omit it altogether.

The Original Minis look pretty good, though. I just wish they had the range of characters that the Mystery Minis do.

12935105_487877508063725_441460293_n.jpg

Ive gotten like the 3 or four minis on ebay that I wanted for 6 dollars over blind box price, there are just too many to get them all. And I like keeping figures boxed >.> <.<

I only bought the set of bobblers because at comic con they came in a boxed set shaped like the Donut shop. >.>

Why is there no quality merch?

Barn playset with mini Pining Hearts tapes or bust.

dity

So, I've been absent from this thread and the community for a while. I was over half a season behind. I've now caught up (S04E02) and this is how I feel:

FUAIEIEHEJWIDIBJ$;$3$287bdbdjeiwjqgwiJdhdbeiaieheh&#128029;

And even then, it's hard to make a small, chubby version of Pearl without making it into an abomination. The Vinyl Pop Pearl is a pretty faithful rendition.

I have the Pearl pop vinyl and I have never regretted the purchase. She watches over me now.

Reivaxe

Ya don't gotta.

I gotta. it's like telling a Salmon they aint gotta swim upstream where they will be eaten by a bear. I've accepted my fate.

And I did. Cool Episode. Gonna get some house work done and be productive now.

Blues1990

So, I've been absent from this thread and the community for a while. I was over half a season behind. I've now caught up (S04E02) and this is how I feel:

FUAIEIEHEJWIDIBJ$;$3$287bdbdjeiwjqgwiJdhdbeiaieheh&#128029;

I have the Pearl pop vinyl and I have never regretted the purchase. She watches over me now.

You reacted similar to this, right:

tumblr_nm7qexSS7M1rvudpco1_500.gif

And with regards to Pearl's Vinyl Pop, I think it's easily the cutest rendition of her in figurine form. Good on you for making yours your own spirit animal.

Pluto

I have been thinking about the timeline, especially about when Rose shattered Pink Diamond. Was it before or after she bubbled Bismuth?

If it was before and Bismuth created the Breaking Point because Rose shattering PD "inspired" her and Rose rejected the idea I could see why Bismuth reacted negatively.
From Bismuth's point of view Rose was most likely a hypocrite, she asked Bismuth what she wanted to do and taught her that she could be anything, except when those wishes went against what Rose wanted.

Psxphile

I have been thinking about the timeline, especially about when Rose shattered Pink Diamond. Was it before or after she bubbled Bismuth?

If it was before and Bismuth created the Breaking Point because Rose shattering PD "inspired" her and Rose rejected the idea I could see why Bismuth reacted negatively.
From Bismuth's point of view Rose was most likely a hypocrite, she asked Bismuth what she wanted to do and taught her that she could be anything, except when those wishes went against what Rose wanted.

Maybe this will help:
http://ellipsesedits.tumblr.com/post/148777951011/a-bit-different-but-i-got-tired-of-explaining-to

We don't have enough info to accurately place PD's shattering. Sounds like something that should have happened earlier during the initial stage of the rebellion, but Jasper emerged halfway into the war and allied herself with PD so she must have been around still? Maybe the the last-ditch move by the Diamonds to corrupt the Gems on Earth was a direct result of Rose killing PD?

Sagroth

My hypothesis on Lion(major spoilers):

It's Pink Diamond. Or what Rose could save of her. Since we've had mutiple assurances that Rose shattered her, either Lion was her attempt to redeem part of the act, or Pink Diamond told her before poofing that the other Diamonds would shatter her for failing and Rose had to do the shattering in order to preserve her and also end the war.

Trojita

Rose shattered just the leader.

Bismuth wanted to shatter the whole enemy army, which would have included gems like Lapis.

There's a reasoned approach and a you just went crazy Bismuth approach.

Maybe this will help:
http://ellipsesedits.tumblr.com/post/148777951011/a-bit-different-but-i-got-tired-of-explaining-to

We don't have enough info to accurately place PD's shattering. Sounds like something that should have happened earlier during the initial stage of the rebellion, but Jasper emerged halfway into the war and allied herself with PD so she must have been around still? Maybe the the last-ditch move by the Diamonds to corrupt the Gems on Earth was a direct result of Rose killing PD?

Actually I think we know enough from Garnet's dialogue at the end of Bubbled to infer that Rose probably shattered PD near the end of the war, especially when you combine that bit of dialogue with what we know about Jasper and her connection to PD.

Trojita

So Steven is definitively the most powerful being in the gem spanning universe right?

He can fuse with gems. He can fuse with humans. There isn't a stated upper limit to the amount of fusions on top of fusions he can do. Steven Universe being himself, the fusions we've seen so far have been fairly damn stable for his first times doing it, so I could see him doing large scale fusions if only temporarily successfully.

He's the Gurren of Steven Universe.

Are we going to get a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann level epic fusion?

PSqueak

Banned
Watched the Leak.

Guess this solidifies that Humans read about gems in history books. Kinda disappointing that steven didn't find anything "new" or a plot hook in the book, but i bet Pearl would be delighted to know gem lore is somewhat preserved after most of those places got wrecked.

MartyStu

Watched the Leak.

Guess this solidifies that Humans read about gems in history books. Kinda disappointing that steven didn't find anything "new" or a plot hook in the book, but i bet Pearl would be delighted to know gem lore is somewhat preserved after most of those places got wrecked.

Leak Spoilers:

Two Small hooks: Pink(?) Diamond's Palanquin and the very strong suggestion that A) - Rose has influence over non-plant organic life. B) - Lion was either a normal Lion beforehand or was secretly created by Rose in the dessert Steven found him in.

Leak Spoilers:

Two Small hooks: Pink(?) Diamond's Palanquin and the very strong suggestion that A) - Rose has influence over non-plant organic life. B) - Lion was either a normal Lion beforehand or was secretly created by Rose in the dessert Steven found him in.

Buddy's Book Full Episode Spoilers:
Someone pointed out that one of the lions has a heart-shaped nose, just like Lion. It's possible that Rose modified an actual lion somehow and gave it powers...maybe she merged it successfully with one of Pink Diamond's shards? She then kept the lions away from the Crystal Gems in the desert, and that's where they found Lion. Either way, there's definitely a reason the episode started with Lion; he opens the episode so that viewers can infer that there's an important reason why Rose was hanging around lions in the desert.

Also, this is the second straight episode with fourth-wall breaks: one with Steven looking directly at the camera when he says "Yes. Definitely." and that hilarious one of Rose looking at the "reader" like it was some PSA cartoon, followed by Buddy looking around all confused.

Finally, the Gem's old-timey outfits are the same as the ones seen in this painting, with the exception of Rose: http://65.media.tumblr.com/17d42b99e6fb06f25db244579ef534d8/tumblr_n1rhd8QCfd1t5u6j6o2_r1_1280.png

Kard8p3

Someone pointed out that one of the lions has a heart-shaped nose, just like Lion. It's possible that Rose modified an actual lion somehow and gave it powers...maybe she merged it successfully with one of Pink Diamond's shards? She then kept the lions away from the Crystal Gems in the desert, and that's where they found Lion. Either way, there's definitely a reason the episode started with Lion; he opens the episode so that viewers can infer that there's an important reason why Rose was hanging around lions in the desert.

Also, this is the second straight episode with fourth-wall breaks: one with Steven looking directly at the camera when he says "Yes. Definitely." and that hilarious one of Rose looking at the "reader" like it was some PSA cartoon, followed by Buddy looking around all confused.

Finally, the Gem's old-timey outfits are the same as the ones seen in this painting, with the exception of Rose: http://65.media.tumblr.com/17d42b99e6fb06f25db244579ef534d8/tumblr_n1rhd8QCfd1t5u6j6o2_r1_1280.png

Leak Spoilers
Yeah, I think she somehow merged a real lion with a piece of Pink Diamond.. in the world where Bismuth was bubbled, there are tons of..Pink broken crystals all around the tree.

dity

I thought it was pretty incredible that season 3 had like 4-5 episodes in a row chock full of anime references and basically parody plots. The tokyo drift episode that parodied the first arc of Initial D had me goin wild.

I gotta. it's like telling a Salmon they aint gotta swim upstream where they will be eaten by a bear. I've accepted my fate.

And I did. Cool Episode. Gonna get some house work done and be productive now.
Y'all crazy.

You reacted similar to this, right:

tumblr_nm7qexSS7M1rvudpco1_500.gif

And with regards to Pearl's Vinyl Pop, I think it's easily the cutest rendition of her in figurine form. Good on you for making yours your own spirit animal.

That was me for the entirety of the Bismuth and Bubbled episodes of season 3. And when Smokey Quartz. Also the episode where they visit Peridot and Lapis and they made hardcore underground MeepMoopCore.

I got Pearly as soon as the SU pops came out. I sacrificed food for her. I will follow sand mama to the ends of the earth.

You should get a Lion.

But Pearl can crawl on all fours and pull things from her head too!

zulux21

Or..

as they drove home at the end of the episode. Maybe all of those lions were already magic as they were just imagining them and imagined a number of things wrong. 10 days without water and you could easily forget to write they were pink lions.

oh my god (it's an edit of The Kindergarten Kid, no leak spoilers)

Also, unrelated: I'll never get tired of the Super Metroid-esque audio cue they use for the communications tower.

Raxus

The nuke may be over but we aren't done yet! Season 4 marches on every week on Thursday
(Assuming you skip the many many leaks)
with:

Buddy's Book

Steven visits the library with Connie and uncovers a long lost book.

Be there at 7! The library is open!

PSqueak

Banned
also
there is a steven universe (well cartoon network but steven is in it :p) game coming to the ps4 in november

Just made a thread in gaming for this game, hahaha, it's also coming to at least the XBoxOne and the 3DS, but i wouldn't be surprised if Wii U and PC versions happen too.

I just hope these arent the only characters, a brawler with SU characters and not at least Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst would be a crime against humanity, also the complete lack of Darwin in that trailer is the biggest insult of all!

Edit: Upon closer inspection, they confirmed there is only those 6 playable characters, so no crystal gems, just Steven, and no Darwin. Kangi, post if you're ok :(

Epcott

Interesting episode... So
Rose really liked lions!

I was hoping they would show all of the gems fused helping William Dewey in the Atlantic, but I suppose they'll save that giant for later in the series.

Still a fun episode with hints of mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom