• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

I know Sleeping Dogs is based on True Crime, but since SR said the game is based on a well-known series, and SD is sorta a new IP, won't that kinda mean it's not Sleeping Dogs?

Eusis

I know Sleeping Dogs is based on True Crime, but since SR said the game is based on a well-known series, and SD is sorta a new IP, won't that kinda mean it's not Sleeping Dogs?
Ah, right, so unless they're being REALLY loose it's Tomb Raider or Hitman. And given that they probably want day 1 it's going to be Tomb Raider.

I will take Deus Ex for the second time and I will like it.

A console version that ran as well as the PC version? Or at least better than the 360/PS3 versions?

That'd be neat.

Also, whilst we're on the subject- Square Enix are kinda fucking awesome nowadays, at least in the West, aren't they? Them, 2K and WBIE are my best hopes for the next generation. They just pump out quality.

DJIzana

I doubt it'll be anything huge from their Japanese office. I place my bet on Sleeping Dogs.

At one point the Japanese office, awhile ago, made a comment about how they have a good relationship with Sony and want to continue to make their Final Fantasy games there. So yeah, I just don't ever see a FF happening on the Wii U... unless, they changed their mind. At least, I remember reading something like that... trying to find that article but no such luck yet.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
doubt it'll be anything huge from their Japanese office. I place my bet on Sleeping Dogs.
At one point the Japanese office, awhile ago, made a comment about how they have a good relationship with Sony and want to continue to make their Final Fantasy games there. So yeah, I just don't ever see a FF happening on the Wii U... unless, they changed their mind.

Wait what was this?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
For what it's worth I did hear that a western title from SE was coming to Wii U. My guess is also Tomb Raider.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Would love Deus Ex, but it's probably Tomb Raider: Wii U edition.

Reggie: "It's not the same game!"

Instro

A console version that ran as well as the PC version? Or at least better than the 360/PS3 versions?

That'd be neat.

Also, whilst we're on the subject- Square Enix are kinda fucking awesome nowadays, at least in the West, aren't they? Them, 2K and WBIE are my best hopes for the next generation. They just pump out quality.

How they have managed their acquired western properties and studios has been very impressive honestly.

Boogybro

I doubt it'll be anything huge from their Japanese office. I place my bet on Sleeping Dogs.

At one point the Japanese office, awhile ago, made a comment about how they have a good relationship with Sony and want to continue to make their Final Fantasy games there. So yeah, I just don't ever see a FF happening on the Wii U... unless, they changed their mind. At least, I remember reading something like that... trying to find that article but no such luck yet.

That'll explain the 360 versions.

It's most likely a Sleeping Dogs GOTY edition. Tomb Raider us also likely, but developing it now would leave it in a strange limbo between being at launch with other systems, and being a proper GOTY edition.

Yeah, to be honest Deus Ex would actually be the most exciting, but since it's also the most likely of actual AAA games I definitely don't expect it.

They're probably working on it internally, or at least not with a western studio. I'm expecting "Eidos" stuff here.

Oh I agree entirely, would just be ironic if it was something (the only thing) we already know about

Eusis

I'd say it's Eidos rather than SE... except Eidos largely sucked this generation before SE grabbed them. Possibly convenient timing, but it really does seem like SE's bringing out the best from Eidos after buying and absorbing them.
That would seem to be more about making Sony platforms the target platform of FF games, not anything relevant to porting them to other platforms.

DJIzana

That'll explain the 360 versions.

Gah, why is this article so hard to find? Maybe it was longer ago than I had thought but it was an interview basically stating how they wanted their mainline Final Fantasy entries to only be on Sony. I think this was after XIII-2 was being made but I'm still trying to find it. Maybe it's a lot older of an article than I thought... have to dig deep on this one.

It's gonna be Tomb Raider not Sleeping Dogs given the fact that it's hinted towards being an entry in an established franchise. I also wouldn't discount FF on Wii U. It just wouldn't be a western studio doing it. They'd probably outsource it to some Japanese studio like genius sorority or some such.

Boogybro

Gah, why is this article so hard to find? Maybe it was longer ago than I had thought but it was an interview basically stating how they wanted their mainline Final Fantasy entries to only be on Sony. I think this was after XIII-2 was being made but I'm still trying to find it. Maybe it's a lot older of an article than I thought... have to dig deep on this one.

SE couldn't possibly be that stupid, could they?

Well, maybe they can....

But still I refuse to believe that. They're still trying to sell a XIII-3 to 360 owners, such comments would be marketing suicide. Keep looking for that article.

Toth

Final Fantasy Type-o Enhanced! Port a critically acclaimed FF game on a new system like he Wii-2 and add a few features and such. Instant sell.

Eusis

SE couldn't possibly be that stupid, could they?

Well, maybe they can....

But still I refuse to believe that. They're still trying to sell a XIII-3 to 360 owners, such comments would be marketing suicide. Keep looking for that article.
I expect that article's less like "we want mainline FF only on Sony" and more "we want to make sure each mainline FF is on a Sony platform", meaning that it hits AT LEAST the current relevant Sony platform, whether or not it gets released on other relevant platforms too. Which, again, has no effect on porting to other platforms.

Xav

Hopefully it's Tomb Raider so GAF have the option to switch the "rape" scene to the gamepad screen when the parents walk in.

Roo

It's gonna be Tomb Raider not Sleeping Dogs given the fact that it's hinted towards being an entry in an established franchise. I also wouldn't discount FF on Wii U. It just wouldn't be a western studio doing it. They'd probably outsource it to some Japanese studio like genius sorority or some such.

I'm sure it will end up being Tomb Raider.
Besides, that note from Go Nintendo mentions it will be a port from a game that will be released in 2013 and Tomb Raider falls in that description.

Believe!! :D

9ydo3.png

Meelow

Banned
I'm sure it will end up being Tomb Raider.
Besides, that note from Go Nintendo mentions it will be a port from a game that will be released in 2013 and Tomb Raider falls in that description.

Believe!! :D

9ydo3.png

Final Fantasy also falls in the description, though I'm leaning more to Tomb Raider.

DJIzana

I expect that article's less like "we want mainline FF only on Sony" and more "we want to make sure each mainline FF is on a Sony platform", meaning that it hits AT LEAST the current relevant Sony platform, whether or not it gets released on other relevant platforms too. Which, again, has no effect on porting to other platforms.

I think you're probably right. I can't seem to find it... maybe it was posted longer than I had thought. I'll still continue to sift through but I'm running out of ideas on what to search on google or trying to remember what source the article was from. >_<

Its going to be the Final Fantasy XIII collection

Wii U owners don't deserve that kind of punishment.

I think you're probably right. I can't seem to find it... maybe it was posted longer than I had thought. I'll still continue to sift through but I'm running out of ideas on what to search on google or trying to remember what source the article was from. >_<

FFXIII: ps3/360
FFXIII-2: ps3/360
FFXIII-3: ps3/360
FFXIV: ps3/pc
FFX HD: ps3/vita
FFvsXIII: ps3
KH 1.5 HD: ps3
KH BBS: psp

Regardless of what they said or not, AAA console dev from SE Japan is centered around Sony.

antonz

Wii U owners don't deserve that kind of punishment.

FFXIII: ps3/360
FFXIII-2: ps3/360
FFXIII-3: ps3/360
FFXIV: ps3/pc
FFX HD: ps3/vita
FFvsXIII: ps3
KH 1.5 HD: ps3
KH BBS: psp

Regardless of what they said or not, AAA console dev from SE Japan is centered around Sony.

Not that hard to figure out why. 360 is Deader than Vita and that takes skill

Squire

Banned
SEJ wouldn't farm out a port of one of their games to a western team. They're not even smart enough to have Blue Point convert FFX. Gimme a break.

Probably Tomb Raider. Though I don't know why Crystal Dynamics just couldn't do it, isn't the game still a few months away? So maybe Hitman?

Top Bottom