• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Sword City |OT| Okay, it's been an hour. Are you dead yet?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
why?

the game is great, but it is more difficult than their previous title. I wonder if most people will enjoy the game.

Think of things in a business sense and you should get a pretty easy answer. Not sure what kind of sales numbers there was for the 360 and PC version of the title combined. So besides the obvious which is any one who is behind creating a game is concerned with how it will do once its released, there is the whole financial side too. Plus the fact that the title has also been released twice before too. Sure its different platforms, but still. It can effect the sales by having lost potential purchases for the Vita version by people who tried out the game ahead of time and either cleared it or realized it was something they did not like and spread the word on the internet. Which causes a domino effect.

Lots of reasons actually for concern on their behalf.

I suppose the upside is that at least Exp Inc still has 2 different publishers behind them with Kadokawa & Mages / 5pb. Where as a different company such as Starfish is not as lucky. Hence when they take damage from poor sales it can be pretty big.

Though at the same time even with the existence of 2 publishers that Exp Inc is working with, poor sales of a title they self published can cause damage to the company also even more so that it is a smaller company. With Chikami-san being one of the head guys within the company its perfectly reasonable as to why he would be concerned.

Hope this helps give you an idea behind the reason of his 50 / 50 outlook with the upcoming release.

CrovaxPSO

I was right about Amiami switching it to tentative pre-orders, they now have it listed as sold out and pre-orders are closed.

Parakeetman

I was right about Amiami switching it to tentative pre-orders, they now have it listed as sold out and pre-orders are closed.

Amazon still currently seems to have copies available. Same with Ebten for the normal and + soundtrack version.

Makes me wonder if Amiami is pretty cautious about the numbers they order for titles. Seeing how before too they had run out of Dungeon Travelers 2 and never restocked it.

CrovaxPSO

Amazon still currently seems to have copies available. Same with Ebten for the normal and + soundtrack version.

Makes me wonder if Amiami is pretty cautious about the numbers they order for titles. Seeing how before too they had run out of Dungeon Travelers 2 and never restocked it.

It's hard to say. Sometimes I see games in their sale sections for huge discounts. Overall I think they probably do just have low stock for games, since they seem to focus mainly on figures and character goods.

Parakeetman

It's hard to say. Sometimes I see games in their sale sections for huge discounts. Overall I think they probably do just have low stock for games, since they seem to focus mainly on figures and character goods.

Its interesting though since they have been gaining a lot of ground. Wonder if they will step it up, that is true though that mainly their bread and butter has been figurines and goods over games.

Wonder how cdjapan is, since while its not mentioned as much here at GAF the name does come up every once in a while. Would make a good third slot now that I do not link to Play Asia anymore due to a lot of GAF members have been having issues lately that has been building up. Plus the constant chatter I hear about drop in general customer service.

Folks that need the "Asian" version would already know about the site so no sense in me putting other members at risk and linking it anymore.

CrovaxPSO

Its interesting though since they have been gaining a lot of ground. Wonder if they will step it up, that is true though that mainly their bread and butter has been figurines and goods over games.

Wonder how cdjapan is, since while its not mentioned as much here at GAF the name does come up every once in a while. Would make a good third slot now that I do not link to Play Asia anymore due to a lot of GAF members have been having issues lately that has been building up. Plus the constant chatter I hear about drop in general customer service.

Folks that need the "Asian" version would already know about the site so no sense in me putting other members at risk and linking it anymore.

I've used CDJ a couple times but they usually don't have any kind of discount. I ordered games from them twice because I had points from some random thing they did and they give you some points on your birthday. Otherwise I've only ordered a couple CDs and a book. They have good customer service though and my orders always arrived with no problem, so they're totally fine to use.

As for Play Asia, I haven't used them for a really long time because their prices are usually marked up since they offer free shipping, but it doesn't work out cheaper in the end.

Edit: I just looked up this game on Play Asia and their price is in line with Amiami's. With free shipping it's a pretty good deal, but then you're waiting a while (and no tracking if you're paranoid like me).

Parakeetman

I've used CDJ a couple times but they usually don't have any kind of discount. I ordered games from them twice because I had points from some random thing they did and they give you some points on your birthday. Otherwise I've only ordered a couple CDs and a book. They have good customer service though and my orders always arrived with no problem, so they're totally fine to use.

As for Play Asia, I haven't used them for a really long time because their prices are usually marked up since they offer free shipping, but it doesn't work out cheaper in the end.

Apparently that free-shipping thing changed to, so even with folks paying for shipping now their packages are going all over the place in terms of when it arrives. So that is something new with them it seems. Just did a quick test with SAO:HF for example with the US set for shipping location and only 2 choices popped up, standard and expedited shipping methods it seems.

Will add CDJ to the list from now on. 3 online retailers should be enough.

Dorarnae

pretty much that. I order pretty much everything from their site.Their service is pretty good.
and if you want something that's not on their site, you can make a request and they'll buy it for you...it cost quite a bit to do that, but I was able to grab a few things..

Parakeetman

pretty much that. I order pretty much everything from their site.Their service is pretty good.
and if you want something that's not on their site, you can make a request and they'll buy it for you...it cost quite a bit to do that, but I was able to grab a few things..

Thanks for the input on CDJ. Will most def add it to the list from now on then. Helps too considering a lot of folks here buy soundtracks also for games.

Parakeetman

yeah done by artists from Last Chronicle.

All of it seems to go live on the 22nd via title update for all platforms. Well patch file for the PC

Glad that they added more. Folks need to be sure not to miss the part 1 & 2 of the NPC portraits too since those are limited time downloads.

First Set
01-22 ~ 02-04

Second Set
02-05 ~ 02-18

Parakeetman

Btw in dengeki game got 85, 85, 65, 90.

Famitsu this weeks one didnt rate the game. Not sure about last week.

ranmafan

i think thats pretty good considering. wonder if the 65 had his party wipe or something lol

When I saw that review and saw that one score, I didn't even have to check the name to know it was Wolf Nakamura. I always have noticed he gives games much lower scores than the other reviewers usually over the years. Always wondered why that was.

Im starting to get excited for the game. Got my copy coming on Friday. Got a good price for it from Amazon. Now just got to find time to play it with Tales coming out this week too and other things keeping me busy.

Parakeetman

When I saw that review and saw that one score, I didn't even have to check the name to know it was Wolf Nakamura. I always have noticed he gives games much lower scores than the other reviewers usually over the years. Always wondered why that was.

Im starting to get excited for the game. Got my copy coming on Friday. Got a good price for it from Amazon. Now just got to find time to play it with Tales coming out this week too and other things keeping me busy.

Yeah its going to be a killer week thats for sure in terms of titles. Ill have 3 on plate. This game, The Legend of Legacy and Tales of Zestiria... Though the other two might fall onto the backburner a bit to help support those in the new thread when I put it up most likely Weds.

Thats interesting about that particular reviewer. Im not so familiar with all of the personalities in Dengiki to know whos who lol. Its actually been a while since I bought one. Grabbed last weeks one in particular due to it having info on Sword Art Online Lost Song.

Parakeetman

They look a lot more reasonable than the crazy ones in Op Abyss lol.

Oh yeah Yodobashi already had copies of the game on the shelves behind the counter but of course not for sale till Thurs.

CrovaxPSO

Amiami already sent me an in-stock notice and payment request last night/early this morning. If they actually ship it a day early I might get it by Saturday if customs isn't slow.

Parakeetman

Amiami already sent me an in-stock notice and payment request last night/early this morning. If they actually ship it a day early I might get it by Saturday if customs isn't slow.

oh nice would be great if it does actually arrive by saturday

Parakeetman

Nice!

I have my copy here on my desk along with 2 different official posters for the Vita version. Tomorrow the soundtrack should arrive.

Will put the link in here when the new OT is done. Since didnt want to re-use this one again as its already in community.

Its going to look pretty much the same for the most part. Just be vita only specific.

Parakeetman

Btw put the vita OT up so use the link below and we can all migrate there as do not think we will be using this thread anymore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976481

OT is not totally finished as need to add the limited portrait DLC info but the experience inc site and SoSC site are currently broken at the moment. They must be updating it for the launch today.

So will finish those tomorrow. For the rest of the OT is pretty much a mirror image of this with some sections fixed up a bit more.

Thalnos

Neo Member
I got this game today (PC ver) and when I get to the name input, it gives me some sort of error? Not sure what i'm doing wrong but it isn't letting me past the character naming screen at the start.

CrovaxPSO

I got this game today (PC ver) and when I get to the name input, it gives me some sort of error? Not sure what i'm doing wrong but it isn't letting me past the character naming screen at the start.

I think Dorarnae and I both had the same problem with the PC trial. I think the solution was to change your keyboard input to Japanese and use hiragana/katakana since it doesn't seem to accept English characters.

Parakeetman

Just started playing this on Xbox One.

How do we rearrange the order of our party members?

There should be an option for it with party management.

Dont have access to the game atm though. But you should be able to do it both from the leaders room and standard party menu itself.

Look for ORDER on the main menu.

Also feel free to stop by here, this is the new OT for the Western XBO + Vita version :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199151

Top Bottom