• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Streamer" "shows off" "Nintendo Switch" live on stream.

basically. he's a great guy, dude works hard, who are we to judge if he's getting amped on stream

Works hard on what? Every video I've seen of his is just him reading someone else's article right into the camera. And/or doing a vlog. His content isn't particularly high-effort, unless I'm missing something.

Doctre81

Works hard on what? Every video I've seen of his is just him reading someone else's article right into the camera. And/or doing a vlog. His content isn't particularly high-effort, unless I'm missing something.

Some of his videos have some really good editing....other than that I have no clue what he's talking about lol

Meohsix

Don't know if it's real or fake, but the people screaming fake just because of the button font are dumb.

Look at pre release GameCube, wii and wiiu controllers. They all changed drastically between first being shown and final release. To assume the switch you saw in the Nintendo reveal video will be the exact one you get on launch is very silly. Some things like button font could change easily.

Doctre81

Don't know if it's real or fake, but the people screaming fake just because of the button font are dumb.

Look at pre release GameCube, wii and wiiu controllers. They all changed drastically between first being shown and final release. To assume the switch you saw in the Nintendo reveal video will be the exact one you get on launch is very silly. Some things like button font could change easily.

Or we are screaming fake because it's freakin Etika lol. Dude streams in his underwear with multiple lotion bottles present. This was a prank

the wii,wiiu and 3ds use the same font for the buttons,no way nintendo would switch to some amateur font

Kyari

u1FcufY.gif

#TeamFake

random25

If it's not functional, it's fake. I really don't know why are we discussing the legitimacy of this if we don't even see it running or booting up.

If it's not functional, it's fake. I really don't know why are we discussing the legitimacy of this if we don't even see it running or booting up.

It's kind of embarrassing. Did we learn NOTHING from the controller "leak"?

Plus it's freaking Etika. Not only is he a professional goofball, but I doubt he even knows anyone in a position to acquire a Switch in any capacity

The fact that people even thought for one second that it could be real is sad.

I mean there was the tiny possibility he somehow got ahold of one of the dummy prop versions from the commercial, but even then it wouldn't have been a functional unit, so there'd still have been nothing notable or newsworthy about it.

Etika posted this on Twitter a few days ago. The tweet is gone but I saved this:

GTswi2L.jpg

That's too good to be 3D printed. Maybe he got hold of the version used for the trailer/promo? Weren't those just empty shells?

Where'd he get that shirt tho?

Also got the Shunao up on the wall. He seems like a friend even if it's fake

Cerium

There was a convincing snap when he put the Joycons in the... whatever they're calling that controller shell.

To me that's the part that makes me entertain the possibility that it's real.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Why do fakers use 3D printing? CNCing molds and resin casting is soooooooo much cleaner.

People saying it's fake needs glasses. It looks real.

Looks real, but it's probably fake.

No way am I believing anything like this anymore without some extremely convincing evidence, like the thing actually being played. Until then, I'm going to assume it's just 3D printed or something.

Platy

Someone please explain why being fake or real matters ?

If it is real it is a dummy made for the recording of the trailer
If it is fake it is a dummy made by Etika.

In both cases it does not work. it can't leak anything. it is an empty case

nofunallowed.jpg

nofunallowed.jpg

if fake (don't doubt it is really fake) it's obviously he's in dire need of attention outside his normal viewers. if it's real (and being dummy from the trailer recording), that might be a bit serious trouble as where and how he gets it and from whom as it should be involving nda

nofunallowed.jpg
Because one makes him trump

Huh? In the bottom picture the only protrusion you can see is from the joycon grip, which isn't even present in the first picture. That's a terrible comparison.

Unless I'm mistaken, the first picture shows Etika placing the JoyCons into the grip. We should definitely see it there as well.

Top Bottom