• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike online match thread

HCgamer

MMaRsu said:
DAMNIT! I went to every frikkin store today and none had it anymore! I checked some sites last night and they had it! They ****ing had it! I went today after work and it was sold out!

A short while ago I bought it at Sears for $11.99.:)

qcf x2

MicVlaD said:
It's you. Either that, or you have bad luck and keep running into people with a bad connection.

I think you read that wrong. He's saying his matches are virtually lag-free.

Kingpen

I can't find it either... every place in town is sold out
Can't find it online either.... apparently a bunch of people started looking for it yesterday afternoon, this morning according to store owners...

argh! the disc i just bought today is "unplayable". Damned preowned crap. Now i gotta go all the way back in to town to get a refund tomorow..

Martial Loh said:
argh! the disc i just bought today is "unplayable". Damned preowned crap. Now i gotta go all the way back in to town to get a refund tomorow..
Look if it has fingerprints on the side of your disc instead of scratches everywhere. One of my games became 'unreadable' once, but it 'fixed' itself after I wiped those fingerprints off. You never know if that might do the trick...

fin

Eb never had it.

I'll check the other one later.

GT: Finjitzu send me a friend invite with "gaf" or "SF3"

MMaRsu

Banned
MicVlaD said:
Shouldn't have sold your original copy then!

*continues playing SF III*

Never had one, rented it all summer since it was 49,95 at that time..so I was waiting for that shop to lower te price, but then they went broke :(

Picked up mine from Amazon today for me and a buddy. Now I just need either a ps2 or saturn to 360 converter for my mass systems stick. That XFPS 360 is such a rip off though.

MicVlaD said:
Look if it has fingerprints on the side of your disc instead of scratches everywhere. One of my games became 'unreadable' once, but it 'fixed' itself after I wiped those fingerprints off. You never know if that might do the trick...

yeah i've tried all that. the guy in the shop told me he'd even fixed up some scratches on the disc before hand..which makes me wonder how effective those scratch repair things are..
i'm gonna go get a refund later on in the afternoon..

might try getting a copy through amazon resellers..

ant1532

Banned
How is it with the 360 Dpad? I might get it but I can't see it being any good with the dpad...

Ugh, is there a Saturn converter or anything of the likes for 360?

aktham

ant1532 said:
How is it with the 360 Dpad? I might get it but I can't see it being any good with the dpad...

Ugh, is there a Saturn converter or anything of the likes for 360?

really bad. I push up when trying to do supers. Stick is the only way to play these games. I'll play some 3s or HSF2 with some of you gaffers in a few days when I get my XBOX live going. Is there a trial kind of thing for it? gamertag: Aktham (silver for now)

Jirotrom

aktham said:
really bad. I push up when trying to do supers. Stick is the only way to play these games. I'll play some 3s or HSF2 with some of you gaffers in a few days when I get my XBOX live going. Is there a trial kind of thing for it? gamertag: Aktham (silver for now)
yes, its bloody horrible...it makes me really pissed that there isn't a real arcade pro for the 360. Im waiting till VF5 release to see if an arcade stick will be developed for the 360.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
doa4_joystick.jpg

Need....now....fingers....cramped....Gigas....

LakeEarth

I tried it just before I had to take off for my weekend excursion, my impressions:

-Loads up faster, definite plus.
-Graphics look MUCH better on my widescreen, it was fuzzy on my Xbox.

And now the negatives:
-The pad, I knew it was coming, but boy does it suck for any 360 stuff. Gotta do the shaving thing and completely re-learn my movements on this pad.
-Whoa slowdown? Anytime you do anything that goes to the "second tier" of the screen it slows down, this includes double jumping, Hugo's fierce 360, anything. WORST is Necro's b.fp, how are you supposed to time a db.fp juggle when the game randomly slows down when you do the move? I wonder what would happen if you're on a 360 and your opponent is on an Xbox.
- Some flickering here and there
- Sound problems. KO(buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), and when you win on a super KO with chip damage, the music stops, its supposed to keep going when its a chip KO.

There's probably other little things. Its nice that they brought it to the 360 and I can deal with the sound gliches but they HAVE to fix the slowdown, it completely messes up move timing. Till then I'm sticking to the game on my Xbox.

MMaRsu

Banned
Apparantly the BC team together with Capcom has made one huge alteration to 3d Strike, if you press the following code at the titel screen :

up, down, b,a,x,y,right trigger,left trigger and you unlock the following

shengLongSelect.jpg

lol

aktham

MMaRsu said:
Apparantly the BC team together with Capcom has made one huge alteration to 3d Strike, if you press the following code at the titel screen :

shengLongSelect.jpg

lol

lol @ sheng long's super:lol

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
LakeEarth said:
I tried it just before I had to take off for my weekend excursion, my impressions:

-Loads up faster, definite plus.
-Graphics look MUCH better on my widescreen, it was fuzzy on my Xbox.

And now the negatives:
-The pad, I knew it was coming, but boy does it suck for any 360 stuff. Gotta do the shaving thing and completely re-learn my movements on this pad.
-Whoa slowdown? Anytime you do anything that goes to the "second tier" of the screen it slows down, this includes double jumping, Hugo's fierce 360, anything. WORST is Necro's b.fp, how are you supposed to time a db.fp juggle when the game randomly slows down when you do the move? I wonder what would happen if you're on a 360 and your opponent is on an Xbox.
- Some flickering here and there
- Sound problems. KO(buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), and when you win on a super KO with chip damage, the music stops, its supposed to keep going when its a chip KO.

There's probably other little things. Its nice that they brought it to the 360 and I can deal with the sound gliches but they HAVE to fix the slowdown, it completely messes up move timing. Till then I'm sticking to the game on my Xbox.

Send an email to backcomp@microsoft.com about the slowdown, flickering and sound problems. A bunch of us have sent emails already, but the more emails they get the higher the priority a fix will be I'm sure.

RyanDG

MMaRsu said:

shengLongSelect.jpg

lol

Dammit, I've been trying all morning to unlock Sheng Long. I can almost stretch my fingers around the pad to get all the buttons/d-pad pressed, but I just can't quite force my thumb to contort enough. Before I break my fingers (and I'll do it for Sheng Long, I swear I will!), is there some sort of Xbox 360 pre-programmable pad that I can buy to press all the buttons at once like you've said? I need macros dammit, MACROS!

I played with Sheng Long back in the Street Fighter II days. Everyone was like, "you must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance", and I was like "Punk. You better recognize". I then whipped out a 127 hit combo with his Omega-Shen-Apocalypse super move and ended the match. Unfortunately Capcom took him out of all the other games. :(

qcf x2

Forget the circle + qcfx2 + charge, he has like 10 supers!

And Ryu's super is backwards.

Was this Mugen or photoshop?

Anyone find a way to use PS2 Joysticks yet? It looks like XFfps is the only thing out but its $80. The Hori stick is that much as well.

Cmon, someone has to be able to make a converter!

Build your own stick with a stock 360 controller, some wire, and some Happ or Sanwa buttons. I'm buying parts to do that as we speak.

I got this! And I suck! A lot! It's a whole different game than playing with my friends (and we've been into this game for years). For easy wins, send invite with GAF SF3 TO:

StorablePrawn

neptunes

Do any of you play with the analog stick? just curious, cause I'm thinking of doing the dpad mod.

P.S. I can't find the game anywhere in mississuga

Kingpen

is the bc compatability on this good enough to buy the game for 27 bucks (which seems high in my opinion)?

How does the older sprites (not the 3rd strike ones) look in HD?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I just picked up SFAC and Doom 3: Collectors Edition for 20 bucks each at Game Crazy last night, and a few weeks ago I picked up 2 DOA sticks from MikeHaggar just for this game and Soul Calibur 2.

Let me practice up a bit, and I'll be ready to get thrashed in SF3!

neptunes said:
Do any of you play with the analog stick? just curious, cause I'm thinking of doing the dpad mod.

P.S. I can't find the game anywhere in mississuga
Yeah, I do. Don't like using the D-pad. Works pretty well for me.

Kingpen said:
is the bc compatability on this good enough to buy the game for 27 bucks (which seems high in my opinion)?
Depends: if you want to play the game a lot, then yeah, go for it. It'll become harder to find and more expensive as time goes on anyway.

neptunes

yeah it's pretty rare, the xbox version anyway.

I'll try working with the analog stick then.

add me to your friendslist

GT: neptunez

qcf x2

I am a bit surprised, but after a breaking in period of about 5 matches, the 360 controller has caused me zero problems with the game. Ironically, 360 motions are especially easy for me to pull off on the d-pad. It works almost perfectly for me now (the only thing better would be an arcade stick or a Saturn pad).

I've never done the little d-pad sanding thing, either. Ah, well. I'm loving it. Too bad I won't be able to go online with the game for a month!

Maybe I got the luck of the draw as far as controllers. In any case, you can:

200px-Hate_me_now.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
qcf x2 said:
I am a bit surprised, but after a breaking in period of about 5 matches, the 360 controller has caused me zero problems with the game. Ironically, 360 motions are especially easy for me to pull off on the d-pad. It works almost perfectly for me now (the only thing better would be an arcade stick or a Saturn pad).

I've never done the little d-pad sanding thing, either. Ah, well. I'm loving it. Too bad I won't be able to go online with the game for a month!

Maybe I got the luck of the draw as far as controllers. In any case, you can:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/72/200px-Hate_me_now.jpg]

Yeah you must have some weird controller blessed by Bill Gates or something. :lol

Bookey

Professional Monk
Picked this up when they announced the bc, finally got the 360 yesterday gamertag is Therealbookey add me please :)

Nikashi

Banned
Arrgh, I am getting SO sick of people not using their mic and always picking Ryu, Ken, or Akuma. I have also discovered I REALLY suck at this game, even though I thought I had talent :(

(I can't even beat the scrubbiest Shoto scrubs) :(

Nikashi said:
Arrgh, I am getting SO sick of people not using their mic and always picking Ryu, Ken, or Akuma. I have also discovered I REALLY suck at this game, even though I thought I had talent :(

(I can't even beat the scrubbiest Shoto scrubs) :(
Yeah, I know how you feel. It always pisses me off when someone uses them with the same moves (over and over again), which makes me really impatient, thus losing the match. I have nothing against a Ryu / Ken / Akuma user if he's actually good with them though. Still, they're ****ing annoying.

It's even more aggravating if you're using a character that requires some effort to inflict serious damage to your opponents. All they need to do, is connect a whirlwind kick and an uppercut in succession and bam, I lost 1/3rd or 4th of my health.

maus

Woord, scored this on shop.com for 18 bucks. I'ma be all over this when it and my fixed 360 arrive. Might just start adding you dudes on the xbox website so heads up, I'm exmodel.

<3 360 bc

finally got a working copy, but now the new problem is that im playing on a widescreen TFT....and the VGA cable apparently doesn't support the PAL 50 mode!! This problem only pops up after I choose to go online...

any ideas?

If you can find the DOA4 stick at EB/GS it goes for $19.99 used, but be warned... I bought 2 in the past and it seems people only trade them in if they aren't working properly (buttons don't work...).

Nikashi

Banned
Oh my god I can't play a decent match of this online because all the people just randomly player are super pros who have like 30,000 + matches in their record. It's getting frustrating since I can't find anyone of my lesser skill level, just people who do like 20 hit Urien EX juggles and shit. :/

Martial Loh said:
finally got a working copy, but now the new problem is that im playing on a widescreen TFT....and the VGA cable apparently doesn't support the PAL 50 mode!! This problem only pops up after I choose to go online...

any ideas?
Maybe you should ask around on Gaming Discussion. You're not getting much help in here.

Nikashi said:
Oh my god I can't play a decent match of this online because all the people just randomly player are super pros who have like 30,000 + matches in their record. It's getting frustrating since I can't find anyone of my lesser skill level, just people who do like 20 hit Urien EX juggles and shit. :/
Well, you could send me an invite (see Profile for gamertag), I'm not nearly as good as they are. :p

Hopefully there won't be much lag if you're in the US, though it didn't occur often with other people.

Top Bottom