• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

JoeFenix

wadjgSu.png

YkoMcNJ.png

nMsAW7C.png

D0fwITy.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This.

But could be like how COD ads only show Xbox One at the end of the commercial.

Uh... it said "Exclusively on PS4 and PC"

Anyway, I guess this is a megaton, but I could hardly care any less. Street Fighter has never been my jam. Was really hoping for Dragon's Dogma. Sony supporting that would have made more sense, since SF pretty much pays for itself.

God damn it. I was hoping they'd get away from that weird look from the last gen. At least it looks like they're trying to push the calligraphy motif a little more, though.
The art style is different though. Ryu and Chun are slimmer, it looks more like SF3 than 4.

Trevelyon

Not if capcom wouldnt greenlight it and sony stepped in to help fund. Xbox owners seemed ok with titanfall exclusivity. Same wiyh bayo on wii u

Not even close to the same. Street Fighter V was and never not going to be made on next-gen consoles, Capcom did not need a publishing partner on this. Just don't.

Shredderi

Sounds like something that would have been on xbone too but sony moneyhatted it, timed or not. Can't get excited about that honestly. The fact that xbone owners don't get to play it doesn't do anything for me. I doubt sony is co-developing etc. if it's coming to pc as well. About the game itself... I was hoping it wouldn't have the SFIV look which I dislike immensely. GGX3 is where it's at (graphically) for me then.

And this is like the one sure-fire hit without a moneyhat outside of MonHun.

This is the one Capcom game that shouldn't be exclusive I think.

That's not XBO port begging or anything, I'm just really pretty surprised.

Hmm you are right. Weird decision since it's not like it will sell more now that it's exclusive.

Chobel

Now this is definitely a moneyhat. Bad decision from Sony, I doubt it's worth it, not financially anyway.

One thing is sure, Xbox One is done in EVO.

Capcom must be in dire straights if they can't even make a new instalment in one of their biggest selling, premier series without accepting exclusivity moneyhats.

To be fair I expect a backlash to this, almost as much as Tomb Raider got. Not a good habit to get into, Sony.

This is equivalent to Titanfall exclusivity rather than tomb raider since it is coming on pc as well and dare i say a bigger console seller since it corners the fighting game community.

not really. Titanfall is a new IP, SF IV sold a ton in every platform; 360, PS3 and PC, the install base is more than enough to be released as a multiplatform title, but you know, business..

Top Bottom