• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

JJD

Sunset Overdrive was not the same. MS funded it when Sony didn't want to.

Bullshit man. Do you have a source to back up this claim?

The most likely reason Insomniac went with MS is because MS was willing to let Insomniac keep IP ownership and Sony wasn't since they owned every IP Insomniac developed for then.

And that's a great reason for jumping ship IMO. Insomniac made the right decision when it comes to SO.

This is the kind of exclusivity deal I can get behind.

OsirisBlack

Banned
In the actual game play trailer can someone else check this I may be getting old. The last Combo Ryu does before the video goes off is that a Jumping HP, Standing HP chained into a Standing MP, Crouching MK canceled into a Denjin?

Because there's likely little cannibalism between PC and console sales. Capcom's objective is to get the game in as many hands as possible, and Sony's is to keep it out of Microsoft's hands. Everyone wins.

It's also possible this deal was made early in the PS4/XB1's life, when Sony was crushing MS in NA sales.

Niet, it was recent.

nP8qAnI.jpg

They made Chun Li's thighs bigger...
:D

Chun Li? More like Chicken Leg Chunky Thigh.

The costs of future installments of SF V will be minimal, due to the company using the same engine & models, etc.

It's just like every other game that gets an upgraded version.

The main difference here is that a Japanese developer actually has legitimate business points in making an exclusive for a Japanese based system. Same for Western Devs and an American based system. Capcom of Japan gave PS4 Deep Down, Capcom of America gave XB1 Dead Rising 3? See how that works? Insomniac gave XB1 Sunset Overdrive, and Atlus gave PS4 Persona 5. Again makes sense. What western third party gave the PS4 an exclusive? None. What eastern third party gave an XB1 exclusive? Platinum Games and Square Enix. You can tell who has more influential cash flow when devs make questionable business decisions away from their own regions.

Also, certain genres simply sell better on PlayStation consoles, to the point where putting them on other consoles isn't even worth it. This is why JRPG's are the exclusive domain of PlayStation. Sony doesn't pay companies like Compile Heart and Nippon Icchi for exclusivity, they're exclusive because the Publisher already knows that their games won't sell on the XBox platform.

Fighting games have always been debatably more popular in Japan than America, and PlayStation is the leading console for Japan (and Japanese-genre players in other regions) outside of handhelds for genres like that. With Capcom being strapped for money as we know they are, Developing solely for the console their game is going to sell the most (and has a vastly bigger install-base) on makes good business sense.

Looks like you were never around during the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit/64-bit, or the 128-bit eras of consoles in where there were plenty of 3rd party exclusives going around between all of those systems before the Wii/PS3/360 era.

Exactly

All these moneyhat cry babies are hilarious. Even more hilarious that people say Sony wouldn't do this if not for MS even though Sony started the money hatting with the PS1. Unless people think Sega didn't want mortal kombat 3 on the Saturn?

Ha and just a little while ago ( Circa 2009) Sony fans were going nuts over DMC and Final Fantasy going multiplatform. God I remember those Tales fans going nuts. And the FF meltdown thread.

Bullshit man. Do you have a source to back up this claim?

The most likely reason Insomniac went with MS is because MS was willing to let Insomniac keep IP ownership and Sony wasn't since they owned every IP Insomniac developed for then.

And that's a great reason for jumping ship IMO. Insomniac made the right decision when it comes to SO.

This is the kind of exclusivity deal I can get behind.

Oh my apologies. You're right. But my point still stands.

now official confirmation from Capcom that the only reason this game exists is because Sony is funding it, I am 100% OK with this being exclusive and thanks Sony. Speaks volumes about Capcom as a whole right now but just like how Nintendo rescued Bayonetta 2, I'm glad there will be a SF5

Coda

now official confirmation from Capcom that the only reason this game exists is because Sony is funding it, I am 100% OK with this being exclusive and thanks Sony. Speaks volumes about Capcom as a whole right now but just like how Nintendo rescued Bayonetta 2, I'm glad there will be a SF5

I still remember buying SF IV on launch day. It was a glorious moment, one that will be recreated with V, probably not as impactful as IV was but it's still gonna kick ass.

Source?

Yatōkiri_Kilgharrah;142130638 said:
??? Err no that's not exactly how it worked. They did do alot of stuff to try and protect their business at the time though. And to keep the amount of shit the industry produced limited. Didnt work very well though. Only got them the name of the "Draconian Ruler" lol.

man,i know you love nintendo with passion..but come on XD the things nintendo did on the past have no excuse,they were pure mafia

Wonko_C

If Guilty Gear Xrd is a success, maybe it could influence other fighting games to use it's "3D to 2D" shaders.

Obviously not Street Fighter 5, but if the Street Fighter IP ever gets used in another game.

We need Street Fighter Alpha 4 with that style.

Nephtes

PS4/PC exclusivity has been confirmed.

rip xbone

It's sad... I really wanted SFV Xbox achievements to go with my SF 2 HD Remix, SF3, SFIV, and SSIV achievements... :C

Oh well. I can't decide if I want to play this on my big TV and PS4 or my PC with my arcade stick.

Leaning towards PC ... I really don't want to give Sony/Capcom/Madcatz any more money than necessary on this one ...

RexNovis

Banned

Can you post a link or source for this please? I want to read it.

Top Bottom