• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Ed Teaser Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Ed, the psycho-powered bad boy of boxing (with a heart), is almost ready to show you he's the true high-def picture of strength.Owners of the Deluxe and Ultimate Edition or the Year 1 Character Pass and Ultimate Pass of Street Fighter 6 will obtain Ed when he releases this February.

Last edited:
I hate these world tour teaser trailers. They look so cheap compared to the actual character trailer that releases afterwards. That said, I'm really excited for him. He was great in SFV, but it will be interesting to see how he plays since he had totally different mechanics than anyone else, and modern controls exist now unfortunately.

stn

I really hope he has his safe 123 again, though a different animation would be good. Also hoping for a good anti-air game, I loved SFV Ed for those reasons.

//DEVIL//

who the hell is Ed ?

also, Street fighter 6 went from a must buy for me to buy at 10$ because no story mode.

When a dev starts to cut corners. I am out, I like to play games for their story. Street fighter, like tekken, each character has its own story and i loved playing through them all.

Bridges

who the hell is Ed ?

also, Street fighter 6 went from a must buy for me to buy at 10$ because no story mode.

When a dev starts to cut corners. I am out, I like to play games for their story. Street fighter, like tekken, each character has its own story and i loved playing through them all.
What? Street Fighter 6 has the most fleshed out (maybe the only?) story mode in the series

//DEVIL//

What? Street Fighter 6 has the most fleshed out (maybe the only?) story mode in the series
What story mode ?

I asked multiple people here before and watched some youtube videos. there is no story mode. there is create a character and buff ur self and fight in arcades and shit

I want a proper story to the events after Street fighter 5. what Happened to Bison, Nash, Akuma Vs Ryu . the rest of the gang.

He was in Street Fighter 5.

fk i dont even remember him. I only had the Vanilla SF5 on PS4 when it was exclusive to that system back in the day.

Last edited:

Paltheos

What story mode ?

I asked multiple people here before and watched some youtube videos. there is no story mode. there is create a character and buff ur self and fight in arcades and shit

I want a proper story to the events after Street fighter 5. what Happened to Bison, Nash, Akuma Vs Ryu . the rest of the gang.

Stop spreading misinformation.

1SdaIJy.jpg

This is in addition to World Tour (the create a character mode). SF6 has allot of single player content.

Paltheos

On the topic of the teaser, looks alright. I fell off the SF5 train before Ed came along so I had no perspective on this character before watching his character trailer from that game (about a minute ago). Looks alright. Again, no perspective, but maybe this will satisfy a thirst for a boxer-type character? Jamie and Kimberly are in your face but don't have quite the same feel.

This guy looks like kind of a dweeb though. I think the SF6 redesigns have been almost across the board improvements on older designs but this one I'm not feeling as much. They successfully removed the camp and modernized his... clothes at least. Maybe he could have done with a new haircut? Worked for a bunch of other characters.

I didn't know he got a DMC costume in the last game. Just googled it because I thought it would be fitting on his white, scrawny ass, and yeah it is.

//DEVIL//

Please let us know which content creators and posters misguided you so convincingly, so that I can avoid lazy reviews.
Stop spreading misinformation.

1SdaIJy.jpg

This is in addition to World Tour (the create a character mode). SF6 has allot of single player content.

is this what you guys mean ? create a character and run around and stuff ?

This is not what I mean by story mode. I was thinking of same as the older SF games. you pick a character, play till the end boss. reveal the ending story and so on.

is there something like that here ?

Paltheos

is this what you guys mean ? create a character and run around and stuff ?

This is not what I mean by story mode. I was thinking of same as the older SF games. you pick a character, play till the end boss. reveal the ending story and so on.

is there something like that here ?

No. Full story mode. I actually made a point of saying "in addition to" so that it was clear :(
The video you linked presents World Tour, not the Story mode.

yurinka

You're drunk, Street Fighter 6 has the biggest story mode in the history of fighting games.

In addition to this it has arcade mode, an extensive tutorials/training section plus minigames playable in single player and several emulated Capcom arcade games.

No. Full story mode. I actually made a point of saying "in addition to" so that it was clear :(
World Tour is the name of the story mode.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

You're drunk, Street Fighter 6 has the biggest story mode in the history of fighting games.

In addition to this it has arcade mode, an extensive tutorials/training section plus minigames playable in single player and several emulated Capcom arcade games.

Man...can someone link me to a video of this on youtube ? all I see is world tour.

Last edited:

yurinka

wtf. can someone link me to a video of this on youtube ? all I see is world tour.
World Tour is the story mode.

It has very long cinematic story, open world exploration, appear all the characters of the game (including the DLC ones once they are released) having a part in the story and explaining to you their personal background story as they teach you their techniques, there are many other NPC characters from the SF & FF universe adding extra story, there are minigames from previous games. There's a ton of trivia and small story homages and details linking to other SF and FF games. And obviously since it's Street Fighter you're constantly fighting. It's a super meaty mode, I spent there over 80 hours and still have techniques and other stuff to unlock.

All the cutscenes you saw in all the Street Fighter 6 trailers are from the World Tour mode. Like the one from the Ed trailer shown above.

Other than that, there's also the traditional arcade mode, which are some fights between the main characters of the game and also include some minor character specific story bits at the start and the end, but are only a few illustrations with text. The main story bulk of the game is in the World Tour mode.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

It has very long cinematic story, open world exploration, appear all the characters of the game (including the DLC ones once they are released) having a part in the story and explaining to you their personal background story as they teach you their techniques, there are many other NPC characters from the SF & FF universe adding extra story, there are minigames from previous games. There's a ton of trivia and small story homages and details linking to other SF and FF games. And obviously since it's Street Fighter you're constantly fighting.

All the cutscenes you saw in all the Street Fighter 6 trailers are from the World Tour mode.
The story mode is World Tour. It's pretty decent game, but the actual story is really bad. Completely negates the efforts put into it, which I can say are probably the best as far as a single player fighting game mode that isn't glorified Vs CPU.

Ah So i wasnt wrong. the Story mode is World Tour -_-.

Ty R Reizo Ryuu The arcade mode is the one with ending story for every character. ok. time to find cheap copy for PC lol.

Last edited:

yurinka

Ah So i wasnt wrong. the Story mode is World Tour -_-.
Man...can someone link me to a video of this on youtube ? all I see is world tour.
World Tour, the main and new huge story mode that tells the main story of the game (it gets expanded a bit with each DLC character, and having completed it, even if it's super long seems it will continue with a 2nd chapter):

Arcade Mode, the traditional mode (short character specific story bits):

Last edited:

Paltheos

It has very long cinematic story, open world exploration, appear all the characters of the game (including the DLC ones once they are released) having a part in the story and explaining to you their personal background story as they teach you their techniques, there are many other NPC characters from the SF & FF universe adding extra story, there are minigames from previous games. There's a ton of trivia and small story homages and details linking to other SF and FF games. And obviously since it's Street Fighter you're constantly fighting.
The story mode is World Tour. It's pretty decent game, but the actual story is really bad. Completely negates the efforts put into it, which I can say are probably the best as far as a single player fighting game mode that isn't glorified Vs CPU.

This is incorrect. Literally because what I screenshot is called "Story" mode and more practically because story mode in arcade fighters typically refers to brief story tidbits, delivered via cutscene or graphic, interspersed in a conga line of CPU fights for each character, which is what that mode I screenshot is. I also assume //DEVIL// //DEVIL// is asking about that when he asks about a story mode in an arcade fighter like SF6 after specifically discounting World Tour for being something else (although if you meant something else, Devil, well now you know what's in SF6 even if you don't have a video).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The box headed world tour fighters feel soulless. It makes Ed look like a throw away character. It’s got style, but it sits flat. I enjoy SF a lot, but I can’t help but feel bored of their DLC characters so far. That is until Akuma comes out. I’d take Guy, Rose, Birdie, or Rolento. Give me Eagle. Dudley would be a classic move. I bought the first season pass back at launch and I haven’t had a huge desire to play the game consistently.

I don’t even get the plot. It’s a good urban Street Fighter with nothing to gain.

When Capcom gonna man up and bring Asura to Street Fighter.
YLkFskM.gif

Or bring back Hakan.

IMG-1267.webp

Last edited:
Didn’t even see this thread when I searched, jfc.

Anyway, I think adding Nero to the game was a great move. I’m cautiously interested.

poodaddy

Awful character. Hated him in V, and somehow he looks even worse here. He looks like he posts on Reeee and calls people problematic regularly.

Akuma can't get here soon enough.

This is incorrect. Literally because what I screenshot is called "Story" mode and more practically because story mode in arcade fighters typically refers to brief story tidbits, delivered via cutscene or graphic, interspersed in a conga line of CPU fights for each character, which is what that mode I screenshot is. I also assume //DEVIL// //DEVIL// is asking about that when he asks about a story mode in an arcade fighter like SF6 after specifically discounting World Tour for being something else (although if you meant something else, Devil, well now you know what's in SF6 even if you don't have a video).
Ah, I forgot that even existed.

FeralEcho

Waste of a slot and why does he look so malnourished,give this guy a snickers, he's not himself...He looks like emo Dante from DmC reveal....

it0OPy3.jpg

Labolas

Eh, he looks better than Luke's dumb ass. But he wouldn't be the first choice for the boxer character stand in.

yurinka

No he wasn't.
At least not initially.
He was added later.

I hate this trend in fighting games. "Buy the starter pack, and we'll sell you the rest 2/3 of the roster later."
It has been like that since Street Fighter II in the early 90s. The difference is that in the past you had to buy a full priced game to get the new content.

Now you get the new game modes, gameplay rebalances and other post launch stuff for free, and can get a post launch specific character for around $5-7 bucks or even unlock it by free without needing to also pay for other things/characters. And if you want all the characters of the seasons you can get them for around $30-40.

The current method is cheaper for the player than the old one.

Oh wait didn’t Balrog train Ed? I’m trying to remember SF5s story.
Yes. At the end of SFIV, just after SIN was destroyed, Balrog found a teenager (Ed) on their laboraries who was being used for experiments (he's another Bison clone destined to be a Bison's replacement body). Balrog took it with him, took care of him and trained him.

In SFV Ed leaves Balrog and starts to create Neo-Shadaloo with his 'sister' Falke, a gorilla and a guy with a hat.

In SF6 Shadaloo continues destroyed but there are some small story hints and small references to Neo-Shadaloo or something related to Shadaloo in the shadows being worked to come back.

It says "Story" because inside inside the Fighting Ground it's the only mode with story, but only has a few illustrations and sentences per character of story.

Their main story mode is the dozens of hours long World Tour, which has a lot of cutscenes and conversations where they tell the main story of the game and the background of all the characters.

In the last couple of generations we saw tons of fighting games having a dedicated story mode separate from the classic arcade game. And in this game this story mode is World Tour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom